indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > See my website ... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Everyone,

One of the best places to see wild orangutans in Indonesia is Ketambe in south Aceh.
If you decide to head to Ketambe and are wondering where to stay may I suggest
Pak Mus Guesthouse.
Wooden bungalows with their own bathroom with no roof set amongst the most beautiful gardens amongst the jungle.
Such a wonderful happy friendly place to stay- you get a real family experience as Pak and Mumma Mus have 8 children and the oldest son Mus has a child now.
And the food is home cooked the same as the family eats - delicious Achenese food.
Check out the accomodation here on Face Book.
www.facebook.com/profile.php?i(...)0001228250911&ref=ts
and if you open my webshots/2006 link below you can see my photos from my 8 day stay in Nov 2006.
Just arrived by myself and immediately was treated like one of the family.
I am headed back to Indonesia to North Sumatra end June 2011 and can't wait to visit this wonderful place and renew my friendship with Pak Mus and family.
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,

My photos of Pak Mus Guesthouse and Gardens from my trip in Nov 2006.travel.webshots.com/album/558520690SuCcbY?start=48
Pamela

monyet
User
User icon of monyet
spacer line

I remember we've been in touch last year or two years ago by email. Great to see that you travelled to such faraway places. My Javanese wife always seems to be a bit reluctant to go to North Sumatera. What was your experience there with religion, knowing that Aceh is quite strict with its shariah law? The nature I have to admit is extremely beautiful from the facebook photos I have seen and I am sure the people are as well when you meet them...

For info - I myself have been to Tehran, Iran (also known as the axis of evil) and have met some of the most intelligent and friendliest people there...

From Dayeuhkolot with love

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Monyet,
Yes, I remember you amongst the many many emails I receive each year from travellers wanting maps and information.
I never had any problem with any thing to do with religion whilst travelling up the centre of Aceh by myself and since having written about my experience many travellers are now adopting this trail.
And I have never read about any problems travellers have experienced.
Read Tommmm's report below I am just about to post wwhere he mentions how wonderful the people were and he stayed at Pak Mus and loved everything minute of his time there.
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Again,
Here is Tommmm...'s excellent report on his recent trip to Sumatra including Aceh and his stay at Pak Mus bungalows in Ketambewww.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree(...)spa?threadID=1958599
Tommm...'s Pak Mus experience

I've stayed at pak mus and fell in love with the place. The family are the nicest people, so friendly. When I didn't feel like going into the jungle I joined pak mus for some business in town or check out his plantations. My girlfriend joined satuma (pak mus his wife) to the market and they cooked together. We had the best time or our entire trip here. We stayed for ten days and felt real sad leaving and we still miss them.

Their bungalows are set in a lovely garden and cost 50.000 a night. Monkeys come and raid the fruit trees, don't leave fruit on your porch. You can swim in the river and just behind the bungalows, 10 min walk, is a lovely waterfall. You eat together with the family and the food is terrific.

Pamela.

pPamela
User
spacer line

And another blog with a report about staying with Pak Mus in Ketambe.
hittnthetrail.blogspot.com/201(...)onesia.html#comments
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

And my 2006 report on staying at Pak Mus homestay Ketambe I wrote in an internet cafe at the local school in Takengon Central Aceh.
forum.indahnesia.com/topic/428(...)formation_update.php
Pamela

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

78,926,050 topic views - 236,226 posts - 13,703 topics - 27,548 members - last post @ 25-01-2020 23:25 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

128,712,408 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com