indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Amadeus
User
spacer line

Yesterday aftenoon I went to the Women International Organisation which is working together with Amnesty International. We discussed about "violence againt the women "in the world. I really was shock when I know so many number of women get malthreatment in or out the house every where in the world.

I remember a few months ago I heard about my good friend in ID. She was hitted by her husband just because she could not keep quiete their crying son. She got very seriously injured in her head. Mijn friend is not the only one who get mal threatment . One in every 5 women become an object of harrasement in Indonesia.
I know very wel that in ID alot of men do not respect with women ( I believe also still many nice ID men, aren't they ? ). Discrimination, harrasment, and violence againt the women is very common. The women don' t get any help and symphaty. Police can not do anything if something happend in the family ( family problem ) .
The big factor why the women become an object of harrasment is un financially women .The wifes can not independent without husbands.

I hope the violence againt the women eventhough the family problem wil be punished
I write the massege not for propaganda to women againt men but I want that men in the world especially in ID have more respect and regard women equal to men .

I want to know about your experience and opinion about my topic.

regards, Amadeus.

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Dear Amadeus,

In general I think the maltreatment of women, or violence against them is not much different between the Netherlands or Indonesia or anywhere in the world, for that matter. In fact, a lot of men are assholes, and I think I can say that because I am a man myself. Male like status quo, any change in that can rouse their anger, and especially any demand from women. I just recently read that 50 percent of Japanese women in the agegroup 25-30 are single, simply because they cannot fin a male partner, who is bearable. And I think they're right. If I was a woman I would also choose for not living with most male men. On a lighter tone, it is mostly insecurity which lead this men to abuse their partner. That is off course not permissable, but a explanation. I fear even that in the future this kind of thing will grow, also because some women are not anymore willing to let this things go, which I find a good thing.

Amadeus
User
spacer line

Dear Diderick,

I think the maltreatment of women is a bigger problem in Indonesia. The attitude of some ID men has to change. It's important that it is ackonowledged as a seriously problem by society and politics. And women has to stand up for their rights. Then the behavior of some of the maltreating men can change.

I must say that there are a lot of good men in ID and outside, including my husband from belanda, where I live now for over 5 years.

salam Amadeus

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

I guess it is a major problem in Asia where the rights of women are behind on the ones in the western world.Maybe we should pay political attention to this subject next to the abuse of children in the asian and other countries in the world.My wife stands on the same level as me here in holland but also here you hear about misbehaviour against the women.Some stupid assholes just never learn to appreciate the good care of their wifes. Emoticon: Nooo

spacer line  

Dear Amadeus,
Domestic violence in Indonesia has been on the spotlight for years now. There are LSM/NGO's working to build awareness of it and help the victims. One of them is The Lembaga Bantuan Hukum/ LBH (Legal Aid Institute) which has created a special department to help domestic violence victims, it is called LBH APIK (Lembaga Bantuan Hukum Asosiasi Perempuan Indonesia untuk Keadilan Legal/Aid Institute Indonesian Womens Association for Justice). They will give victims all the help possible, they even provide shelter (undisclosed location, for security reason) for women too afraid to come home to their cruel hubbies. Abusive husband in Indonesia goes to jail, Amadeus. Or in many cases here, the wives kill them first. Sadly, there are still women who perceive abuse as another form of love. They will keep it to themselves and won't let anyone help them. Sometimes they are afraid the husband will leave if they protest, then who will provide for them and the children? That's their mindsetting and that is just so wrong. That is what some friends and I have been campaigning for the last two years, to inform women that there IS a way. It is important to remember that domestic violence doesn't discriminate. It can happen to any women, anywhere from any social class.
Visit the website: www.lbh-apik.or.d

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

Amadeus
User
spacer line

Thank you Kinanta Pinta for your information. I read the website. It's good that's getting more and more attention. The registerd numbers of victims is very low, so there must be so many women who don't report.

Especially lower and middle class people they don't want to report because they are financially dependent from their husband. Secondly it's still considered a taboo to talk about it.

It's important that to improve the women labour rights. In a lot of ID companies for examle it's still common practice to get fired after marriage or pregnancy. ( normal in shops, stewards, waitress) Hopefully the new government will also ackowlodge it as a problem, and will give women more chance to work.

salam Amadeus

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

85,390,345 topic views - 240,166 posts - 13,729 topics - 33,299 members - last post @ 28-09-2020 14:47 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

139,179,051 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com