indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

Dear Friends,

I shall greatly appreciate if anyone reading this message could assist me in udating current progress of the Jakarta monoral project. Is it off the ground yet? I been trying to get updates but unavail. Keep in touch. cheers.

Raja
Malaysia

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Dear Raja,

After the grand opening by former president Megawati, already in may 2004 i guess, nothing particular has happened.
As I understood from news from the Jakarta Post, the company now assigned to execute the project, has plans to make a kind of terminal near the Tanah Abang railway station. In fact over the river nearby.
Further all kinds of changes in the routing of the monorail are taking place. Moreover, it is still not clear in what way the monorail-company will acquire land to build the monorail.
As I see it now, nothing will happen in the coming year. The finishing of the project - if ever started- will be far in 2010.

spacer line  

Dear Diederick,

sincerely appreciate your update on jakarta monorail project. Looks like for the project to kick start some time by early Jan '05 is a long shot ah? I been tracking the progress until all come to standstill during the election. will your new government " Bambangs" - will see any light at the ebd of the tunnel?

cheers
Raja

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

A little update. Last week I was at plaza Senayan and saw [with my own eyes] that some work started. I observed the construction of some concrete pillars in the middlesection of the road passing the plaza direction Bungkarno stadium. Hurrah!

spacer line  

Hurray!!

Thanks for the message diederick. At last we see light at the end of the tunnel. I am keen to visit Jakarta & check out the progress sometime soon. Do you by any chance can get me the name and address of the local authority and or contractor doing the project. If its too much thats ok. Please keep me posted.

Best regards.

Raja

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

gmee01
User
User icon of gmee01
spacer line

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

77,000,674 topic views - 234,995 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,725 members - last post @ 18-11-2019 08:38 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,823,209 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com