indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Blog @ indahnesia.com > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

Visa-on-arrival can be extended as of January 26
Published on 26 January 2010 03:03
Good news for travelers to Indonesia that did not pick up a visa on beforehand. The immigration office in Indonesia has announced yesterday that foreigners can extend their visa-on-arrival starting today. Visitors from a number of countries across the world are granted a visa-on-arrival which used to be valid for only 30 days, without the option to extend this, thus being forced out of the country to get a new visa.
Continue reading , click the title

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

interesting that they scrapped the seven-day visa-on arrival...of course there is a solid financial reason behind it: even though more tourists are coming to indonesia, the average length of stay has been falling...so now they can truly cash in on those record arrivals, everybody will have to pay for the full visa!

oyibo
User icon of oyibo
spacer line

Is it now possibe to extend the visum more times then one?
It doesn't say in the article?

It's only kinky the first time.

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

I think we have to wait for further details about it...this news came out of the blue, so I doubt if even immigration offices know more about it at this time!

churchy
User
spacer line

my friend has just returned from immigration office today 28 jan at bali airport and was told that the new rule only apply to visa issued after 26 jan, also you have to have a sponsor to get extend 30 days ?. Yesterday he called immigration in Denpasar office and was told you just go to the airport at 30 day limit and extend for thirty days. It is just all a joke as the ones who make the rules dont understand what they have made. tommorow will be another explanation i think. Emoticon: Stupid

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Welcome, that's how Indonesia works. I didn't expect anything else to be honest.

Ho Lee Fuk

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

the website of the belgian embassy has already been updated:

I quote:
'Entry conditions for Indonesia : changes
Visa On Arrival
VOA valid 7 days Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. 10 US$ has been abolished VOA valid 30 days Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. 25 US$ can be extended once for 30 days'

so apparently there will be only one extension allowed

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,033,372 topic views - 240,286 posts - 13,732 topics - 33,687 members - last post @ 23-10-2020 18:52 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

140,339,991 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com