indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > I'm looking for ... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Michaell
User
spacer line

Hello All,

At the moment im doing some research and want to check out what my options are to work in Indonesia, preferable in Jakarta.

Im searching for a good headhunter agency or an agency who can help me with my search. Also most welcome are jobsites specialized in expats.

Why i want to work in Indonesia? Well i was born in Indonesia, but moved to The Netherlands at the age of 5. I do have a Dutch passport, no Indonesian ID. I have always wanted to work in Asia and Indonesia is my favorite country to do so. I do believe that this is for me the right time to persuade my dreams

I am 31 years old and have a Bachelor degree in Business Economics, with a minor in Marketing-Management. I have 10 years of workexperience. I have been a supervisor for 5 years for the Customer service department of one of the biggest cable companies in The Netherlands. The last 5 years i worked as a Private Client investment manager for a Portfolio management company specialized in Funds in The Netherlands. I also have a registration for Investment Advisor at the Dutch Securities Institute (DSI).

If you have any suggestion, advice or tips which can help me...please feel free to do so.

Thank you all in Advance.

Michaell

oyibo
User icon of oyibo
spacer line

Its not going to be an easy thing getting a job as a foreigner.

Headhunters enough, expat jobs are available but most of them are engineering jobs.

Monsterboard has an international career section for instance.

It's only kinky the first time.

CarolaH
User
User icon of CarolaH
spacer line

Remon
User
User icon of Remon
spacer line

GOOGLE..... xxxxx position Indonesia and you'll be amazed how many recruiters there are...

Good luck! Emoticon: Party!

monyet
User
User icon of monyet
spacer line

Lots of recruiters out there but not too many jobs that would qualify for the average Westerner. Firstly, you want your employer to be a reliable, trustworthy company so the easiest thing is to search for Dutch employers. This is also what I am doing at the moment. If Dutch companies are difficult to find in Indonesia, then I will widen my search to include other European or even US companies, preferably in a sector I have experience in.
Still, it's quite a search, especially now that Western companies are giving preference to locals most of the time for the obvious financial reasons. I myself have more than ten years of experience in the maritime industry, where I have had marketing, sales and technical jobs and still it is difficult to find something. But I feel that it is preferential to have a job there when you arrive so that at least you have some time to look for something that matches your needs better than what you have...

From Dayeuhkolot with love

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,373,049 topic views - 223,827 posts - 13,518 topics - 16,733 members - last post @ 21-11-2017 12:43 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,383,636 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com