indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

zukhunter
User
User icon of zukhunter
spacer line

After a 10 month period working in Norway england and Australia I will go back to Jakarta.
So I am lucky guy Emoticon: Shiny .
BUt does any body know which restaurants and pubs are opened during Idul fetri?
i need to eat. Emoticon: Yes!

SheMerc
User
spacer line

There are surely a lot of restaurants in Jakarta. But if you could not find one, I will e-mail you some food....
Sorry, just kidding..!! Emoticon: Nice Emoticon: Nice

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Going back to Jakarta after visiting these beautiful countries and considering yourself a lucky guy? You must be joking?
Anyway. As far as I can see all restaurants and pubs are open, only some warungs and kaki lima are not operating before 17.48/49. Not different than any other ramadhan. And they will also be open during Idul Fitri. There are still a lot of Jakartans staying at home in that period! So don't worry.

spacer line  

hi zukhunter,
idul fitri is one of the best times to go around jakarta, almost zero traffic jam. plaza senayan is open starting 12 pm, usually. citos is too. with any luck, you might find me at citos during idul fitri.

selamat makan!

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

McDonnalds usualy open during Idul fetri but with closed curtains.

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

Blog Bot
spacer line

Question people...I will be going to Jakarta next week, first time ever.
My friend says I will hate it...he says that everybar is full of hookers and that I am totally gonna gross out. I guess we are going to go to that one BATS place. Is it true what he says? He made it sound really bad. He says that Jakarta is fun for men not for women.....I really want to have a good time,
but will I???

I tell a lot of stories I have heard elsewhere

spacer line  

On 06-11-2004 00:01 leligirl wrote:
He says that Jakarta is fun for men not for women.....I really want to have a good time,
but will I???

Dear leligirl,
I am afraid that what your friends said was right. I will never-ever go to the bar, club or what ever you call it in Jkt or anywhere in Indo without company of my male friends.
I will never forget the harassment I got when I flew from Surabaya to Jakarta.

We (my two brothers and I) went to Bali to spend X-mas vacation in Kuta once and one of my brothers were holding my hand the whole time whenever we went to any club.
It was scary. Indonesia is really a man world I hate to say it but that how I feel unfortunatelly.

maple-leafs

spacer line  

Dear leligirl,
it pains me a lot reading your post. jakarta clubs full of hookers your friends said? well, then may I ask to what clubs your friends have ever been in? There are hundreds of bars, cafes and clubs here in Jakarta. And just like in any other cities in the world, there are good places and bad ones. I very much suspect that your friends have only been to the bad ones, while in fact they could have gone to better clubs uninvested by prostitutes. Really, leligirl, don't worry. Just come here and have fun and avoid any clubs in west Jakarta. Go to the ones located at Taman Ria Senayan or Kemang. You can also go to Musro at Hotel Borobudur or CJ's at Hotel Mulia and still many others. As for the fear of harrasment, well, if you don't want to be harrased of have people mistake you for hookers, then don't act like one. Trust me, I've been clubbing in Jakarta for more than a decade now and nothing bad has ever happened to me.
Have fun! Emoticon: Bye bye

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

Blog Bot
spacer line

Thanks guys...one more thing...do hookers there harrass the guys?? My friend says that all hookers will come up to him and try to pick up on him even if I am there with him. That's just great! Do the girls get harrassed by guys too?? I thought it was just the men that get harrassed by the hookers. If anybody knows any cool places that I should go to please let me know!!
Thanks!!

Blog Bot
spacer line

oh..I want to answer to the girl above me. My friend says that he usually goes to BATS....is that a bad place?? Isn't it in one of the nicest hotels?? Also, they Hyatt...
He says that's where all the hookers like to hang out!
=)

misisvi
User
User icon of misisvi
spacer line

i will say: each of us has different experience(s).
knowing and hearing some stories from your friends which maybe can happen to you... are enough, but become too scare to have your own experience(s) .. please don't.

I agree with kinanti :
As for the fear of harrasment, well, if you don't want to be harrased of have people mistake you for hookers, then don't act like one.

have fun
don't forget to share your holidays story later Emoticon: Bye bye

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

79,672,034 topic views - 236,682 posts - 13,710 topics - 28,455 members - last post @ 21-02-2020 14:25 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

129,991,836 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com