indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Blog @ indahnesia.com > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

Back to the 'real' tourism for Bali?
Published on 13 December 2009 00:50
According to respected Indonesian elder statesman, Prof. Dr. Emil Salim, although Bali has manage to become the icon of Indonesian tourism, it is destined to lose its true bearings as a religious, cultural and nature destination which will result in a decline in the quality of international tourists drawn to the Island.
Continue reading , click the title

hvermeulen
User
spacer line

It is a good idea to promote Bali for quality tourism. I am myself a culture and nature tourist. But I stay away from Bali.
I got disappointed by the greed of the Balinese. Tourists, even if they are serious tourists, are charged higher prices than the locals. Something that never happened to me in other places of Indonesia. And, of course, I do not like mass-tourism.
But there is something to sy or mass-tourism.: It gives people a job. So try to find a balance.

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Something that never happened to me in other places of Indonesia.
I think you meant to say that you never felt like you were charged a higher price like they do in Bali, because it is common practice in Indonesia (and all other countries in the world). Emoticon: Wink

Ho Lee Fuk

hvermeulen
User
spacer line

No Yerun: I did not "feel" I was charged a higher price. I noticed. I am not the usual tourist: I know what is happening in the world, so I check with the locals and I LOOK what they pay and do the same thing. This was impossible in Bali, you got a fight!

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

In that case: rest assured that it also happens elsewhere in Indonesia. I am no tourist in Indonesia anymore, I live here, so I see it happening every single day. But indeed, it's much less if you know how to handle and if you try to do that in Bali, they will threaten you. That's why I stay with Javanese friends or a hotel owned by a Chinese when I am on Bali. No discussions needed about the price and other things when I am on holiday..

Ho Lee Fuk

IndoHound
User
spacer line

If 'Indonesian "elder statesman", Prof. Dr. Emil Salim' wishes for better quality tourism in Bali maybe he can be motivated to agitate for better quality infrastructure.

1. Inbound immigration is a disgrace - even compared to Jakarta and other points of entry from international destinations - with overlong queues, surly immigration and sleazy customs officials.

2. Taxi mafia at the airport with Indonesia's most outrageous taxi fares!

3. Complete lack of coordinated public transport in tourist areas. Thank god Blue Bird taxis are available so it is easy to get around safely and cheaply.

4. Dogs with rabies. When are Balinese public health officials going to get off their collective a$$e$ and do something about the problem?

5. 5* star hotels franchisee owned by Bakrie group and other local carpetbaggers. The people who know the inside story of Bali's tourism development would rather be buried alive than patronise some of these places. Emoticon: Stupid

What is lovely about Bali is the beautiful countryside outside built-up areas, international food for people like Yerun (Jeroen) and myself who otherwise spend their time in Yogya despairing about where their next wholewheat bread and Brie come from, and last and not least freedom from the oppressive hand of so-called religious propriety... Emoticon: I love it

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

85,962,080 topic views - 240,271 posts - 13,732 topics - 33,685 members - last post @ 22-10-2020 04:12 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

140,232,163 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com