indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Blog @ indahnesia.com > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

The pregnant umbrella-girl
Published on 03 December 2009 04:14
During rainstorms, children gather at pedestrian bridges, bus stops and other crowded places to be able to rent out their oversized umbrella's to those who rather stay dry then soaking wet before they reach their destination or hop into a taxi without being soaked with rain in a matter of seconds.
Continue reading , click the title

alterity
User
User icon of alterity
spacer line

Life is tough not only in Jakarta but also in the villages. At least in Jakarta there are many rich people who need the services of the poor.

Alterity

Barfly
User
spacer line

Why we don´t we try to give these people a chance to survive and give them a possibility to learn a serious job ? I am planning to build up a school (School for Gastronomy-> waitresses, cooks, hotel staff,...) for those people. It is no mystery that it is impossible for people in Indonesia without Education over SMP to get a permanent and well-payed job. At the moment i am working as teacher in Germany for Gastronomy (able to speak german, english, french, bahasa indonesia) and i am planning to live in Indonesia asap. If there is someone out there who is really interested in giving a helping hand for those people, dont´t hesitate to contact me. Maybe we can change the living of some of these people and give them back a smile on their face... Not all of the "bulés" are only in Indonesia just only to have their fun at the expense of others...

barflyhhRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.de

senior
User
User icon of senior
spacer line

On 03-12-2009 18:42 Barfly wrote:
Not all of the "bulés" are only in Indonesia just only to have their fun at the expense of others...

barflyhhRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.de

That's true,but it might be very difficult to start something as "bule"

hati hati, pelan pelan

guna2
User
User icon of guna2
spacer line

On 04-12-2009 00:22 senior wrote: That's true,but it might be very difficult to start something as "bule"

You can say that again. Now gastronomy is just about my favourite subject, so if you - Barfly, that is - could tell us a little more about your plans, I might be able to help (without giving you much hope, though).

Barfly
User
spacer line

i am glad to see that i am not the only bulé gila...;o)

Ok, senior + guna2, you´re right, it is not easy for European to start business in Indonesia, but for me it seems to be a little easier then for others, i guess. i am married with a indonesian woman with family in Indonesia, so i expect less of problems to start business. But who nows what heaven will bring ;o)
I am just start to think about a kind of Boarding House with connected little hotel and restaurant, where kids of poor people can learn anything about gastronomy in theory and practice with a certificate at the end that will identify them as Professionals teached by european standard. Here in Germany are some similar projects running very well. In the next days i will start with the business plan and contact my family in jakarta for collecting all necessary information of authorization for this kind of school.
The main problem in the moment is the financial aspect. I am not a rich man... Mainly financing should be by the way of donations. The rest will come from the revenues of the own gastronomy.
To find teacher is not that difficult, i allready spoke with some of my collegues about it. Most of them are willing to teach for a limited time for less. i am shure to find more of those people in Germany or elsewhere for the first time. Later it´s surely possible to recruit teaching staff from Indonesia or from the best students of our school.

Perhaps someone may guess i am a dreamer but i am not. I know how it feels when life kicks you somewhere and i know some people just need a little chance to develop themselves into successful peoples.

For all of you a nice weekend ! Emoticon: Bye bye

Barfly
User
spacer line

Guna2, sadly i am not able to send you a message. In case you are interested in talking about my project i will be glad to recieve a message from you. Gastronomy talk between two gastro-junkies...;o) Use Mailadress shown above...

guna2
User
User icon of guna2
spacer line

I just sent you an E-mail, Barfly. For reasons unknown, I skipped this forum topic a few days. Sorry.

In the meantime, I think you want to set this up as a kind of charity? Correct me if I'm wrong.

If so, I think it has its merits, that is, if you leave out the gastronomy (as we understand it) part. If you teach `poor children' the basics of European cooking, the necessary bit of English, and a few other skills, give them a certificate if they pass a sort of test, I think you can help lots of children to a reasonably good job as a cook for expats. The trouble is, you'll have to do it in a place where lots of those expats live, so that would be Jakarta, Bandung, Surabay, Balikpapan, or Bali. Especially the latter place already gets lot of attention of people who want to `help' (and live under nice circumstances...). Of course, you can set up the school on another island, or in a remote, poor village somewhere, but that automatically implies that those kids will be sent (far) from home. That does not seem to be a problem for most Indonesians, but it would be a problem for me, and you, I suppose.

guna2
User
User icon of guna2
spacer line

BTW, I also think think you don't need heaps of money to realise that plan. And if you really want to stick to your gastronomy thing, I suppose you can give an additional course for the top students. Apart from working for expats, they can probably easily find a job as a cook in Western food restaurants, which are becoming increasingly popular in Indonesia. And again, I think it's a pretty good idea, one that shouldn't cost too much money, but can benifit lots of boys and girls. Let's continue to discuss this in the `stealth mode' (via E-mail).

Barfly
User
spacer line

Yes, guna2, you´re right, i planning it as a charity and i agree with you in all points you mentioned. I already got all these thoughts, too. There are so many possibilities to realize this project without a big bunch of money.

I will check my Account immediately and will reply. For all others who are interested about further infomations, i will create a website in further future or they can contact me in the meanwhile via Email: barflyhhRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.de

Barfly
User
spacer line

guna2, no mail recieved yet...

guna2
User
User icon of guna2
spacer line

I'll give it another try, Barfly. I used the E-mail address you mention in your Indahnesia profile.

federico31
User
spacer line

...the Indonesian poor that are kept poor and uneducated on purpose...
I am impressed by this statement, with which, infortunately, I must agree. This is a political problem, headed by the (indispensable but sadly absent) WILL to educate properly. A solution (possibly a unique one) can only be found if we will able to curb our materialism. Barfly's proyect is great, his and many, many others will surely diminish the poverty problem in those areas and during the time their respective organizations work. But I'm afraid that is not enough. Sorry, I don't want to be pessimistic, just trying to be realistic. Have a good day, best regards.-

Barfly
User
spacer line

Hey, federico31, you´re right in thinking about our materialism. But i really disagree with your opinion that it don´t will be enough... The longest way starts with the first step, don´t? If every people thinks in this way, nothing will change in this world... And well-educated people don´t get into strange thinking like terrorism or something similar, because they got enough knowing about foreign people and their way of living... and have a perspective for a better life without beeing envious of others... Worth to think about it...

Have a good day, too... ;o)

Barfly
User
spacer line

Ok, now my funny idea becomes real...: at the end of the next year the mentioned school will start. If YOU may help in ANY way, please contact me:
Sure we need money, but also equipement, furnitures, contacts, helping hands... and some motivated peoples who want act as instructors. Education in gastronomy will be a great advantage, but is not necessary, you will be trained. But don´t expect you will be rich by doing this job, i am not sure if i can pay a salary at the beginning.

Ok, let us see what will happen...;o)

Marco

Barfly
User
spacer line

Hi folks!

Since my last post nearly two years are gone and i´m back in Germany..... You can´t imagine what i experienced.... hahahaha Emoticon: Stupid

OMG, i was such a fool, i really expected that my project could be a success, but it was an desaster right from the beginning. After a conference with the mayor´s assistant of a important city in Sumatera (btw, a family member of my wife, too...) i got the question: "And where is the profit?" Do you guess, what kind of support i´ve got after i answered ? Emoticon: Nooo

In the time after this everybody tried to cheat me in everyway they thought they can... Just only thinking from now until tomorrow, just like very little kids, even well educated people in leading positions....

useless to say: no school until yet....

Guys, i´m so sad to say: Indonesia is the best country ever.... if only the indonesians would disappear.... Emoticon: Bye bye

Disappointed, desillusionated, but not destroyed... Emoticon: Smile

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. federico31: sadly you was right with your statement....

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Barfly,

I believe to help in Indonesia you have to start small and build relationships with good honest Indonesians and this only happens over time.
I had my own little weekend mobile English school I paid someone to run for me and it was very successful for 5 yrs. The person who ran it and taught the kids was a good man and we are still friends and in contact.

I am so sad to read you did not have a great time there.
Pamela

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

I will not say: Look, I told you! But I add it to the question of why so many people again and again punches their heads in this country without any knowledge of an Asian society and its values. And disregard any advices given by forum members. Is it western stubornness? Or is it universal?

Barfly
User
spacer line

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.pPamela: Thnaks, but not all the time was bad, i already have had good times, too.... That´s why i still love Indonesia, but i must look for another possibility to live and work there... Emoticon: Smile

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.Yogya-Bali: Ok, and where have you been as i announced my plan 2 years before ? Emoticon: Wink Now it´s very easy to give proposals.... jangan pasang aksi, oke deh ? Emoticon: Stupid

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

I gave it up already years ago to advice Westerners: waste of time. Unless they want to listen without having sparkles in their head. But the majority has this fantasy idea of this country. Dream along untill your dream becomes a nightmare. Why reinvent the wheel if it's already been invented.

spacer line  

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.Barfly - I have praise and respect for you. At you least you made an attempt to do something to better/help the people of Indonesia. However, just like anywhere else in world, indonesian people think foreigners are very rich and all they want is your money!!

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.Yogya-Bali - I agree with your comments of 17/02/11. 100% right!

I can honestly say, hand on heart, there are very very few people in indonesia who can be trusted. Although you read in the press that they are friendly people, which i agree with, they are also very manipulative and greedy. All they want is money, money, money and a good life by marrying a "bule". Then again the "bule" is a fool to marry an indonesian and realise that it was not true love but a way to get out of poverty.......

indonesia is a very beautiful country with great beaches, volcanoes, jungles etc.. but it's ashame about the people....

spacer line  

one other point which i missed out on - I was told by an indonesian once that money grows on trees in the western world. If only it did!!!!!!

Barfly
User
spacer line

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. Yogya-Bali: Ya, maybe i should bend my head for such a wise man who already knows how life goes.... Emoticon: Laugh out loud But just one question: if the wheel if it's already been invented.... why there are still are so many problems in your country, so many rich native people but nothing really happens to make it better, just interesting in their own advantage? Maybe it is necessary that some "stupid bules" show you that there are possibilities to change the system to wake up some Natives and give them a wider view of the world and its possibilities.... If argue without making it better, it is omong kosong saja, bukan ? Emoticon: Wink Just proof you can make it better..... Emoticon: Smile Only shooting from the hideout is weak.... But maybe it´s typical for most of Indonesians like you.... weak, cowardly and selfish.... Emoticon: Bye bye

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. w0rldtraveller0: yeah, you are absolute right with native Indonesians... but about marry a bule... hmmm... i´m happily married with an indonesian woman, already since 7 years, but the different between her and the other "ayams", bules in indonesia mostly meet, she was grown up in Germany and educated westernly... And she is also disappointed of her family. But anyway, from now i will be glad to spend my holidays in Indonesia, but business again by trusting a native ? hahahahahaha Emoticon: Laugh out loud

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

79,858,696 topic views - 236,818 posts - 13,712 topics - 28,671 members - last post @ 28-02-2020 18:59 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

130,315,789 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com