indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

pimpam
User
spacer line

Hi,

I'll be in Jakarta for two months and would like mobile internet for my laptop so I can get some work done...
Could anyone give me some (affordable) recommendation on this?
I would think one year subscriptions are the norm, but I could only use the internet during 2 months time...

Thanks!

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

If you buy your own modem, you can use IM2 (Indosat) for just two months if you like. No contract if you don't want to.

amanoya
User
spacer line

there are many options, many pre-paid package from different providers are available.
you can just directly go to places called 'grapari telkomsel' or 'galeri indosat' and the people there will help you.

---
amanoya

fred uk
User
spacer line

Easy answer.
Buy a mobile dongle. It will cost between 500,000 and 1.2 million.
Just bang a SIM card inside and it will work. Get the dealer to register it for you.

I use IM2 but that costs to set up. Worth it over time but maybe better for IM3 or maybe XL if little use and only over a couple of months.

The dongles are all bought unlocked so you can use it back in your home country with your local sim card.

fred uk
User
spacer line

Correction to my above.
I've now seen dongles at just over Rp300,000

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

61,583,373 topic views - 228,129 posts - 13,630 topics - 19,449 members - last post @ 20-09-2018 13:39 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

105,645,434 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com