indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sumatera > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Everyone,
Like everyone who has been to Padang I am absolutely devastated by the news of the hige earthquake of Wednesday 30th September.
I have been able to contact most of my friends and they are all safe and sound. Only one has lost her house which can be re built and she has a huge family support in Padang.
This morning on Face Book my friend Katie Pavett who does charity work in North Sumatra and Aceh posted a link to an amazing set of photos from a Boston photo site.
www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009(...)tra_earthquakes.html

Please be aware some of the photos are quite graphic and shocking, but this is balanced by photos of HOPE with a healthy baby on a mattress, a wedding 4 days after the quake and a man already out selling his chilli sauce amongst the ruins of his market stall area.

Anyone wishing to donate can do so by donating to Surf Aid International who are on the ground in Padang/Mentawai islands have been so for 10 yrs now and know the culture of the area and were the charitable organisation responsible for the care of all the islands west of the coast of Sumatra after the 2004 earthquale and tsunami.
Without Surf Aid International's help people on these islands would not have survived.

www.surfaidinternational.org/s(...)ekLPK4MOIsG&b=275154
I have donated to this organisation on 1.10.09 and will be doing so again within the next week or two as I get more money together.
Pamela

senior
User
User icon of senior
spacer line

As i always do when such disasters happens, i donated some money ....not a big amount,but every euro counts...

hati hati, pelan pelan

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,445,783 topic views - 223,951 posts - 13,528 topics - 16,747 members - last post @ 24-11-2017 11:53 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,507,395 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com