indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

I went to Trebasala, not far from Jember, East Java several years ago. I was so surprised to find many trees (wildlife) in this area. Our driver Pak Bambang (Where ever you are.. I hope you are fine and well) told me that a part of Trebasala is being used as sanctuary area for Javanese wild waterbuffalo ( banteng liar .. the local called them).
Unfortunatelly I did not spend so much time in this area.
I will be in Indonesia in Oct and would like to visit this area again and also spend sometimes in many beaches around Jember.

If anybody in this forun know about Jember area( hotel, transpostation..etc..etc... I really appreciate all the info
Please note I am a backpacker... and shoestrings budget....who is not interested in fancy smanzy resorts....

Thanks for all the info I can get

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi maple-leafs,
How are you? we have spoken on this forum before.
Jember- I spent about 3-4 days in Jember in July 2006 and loved it.
Stayed at Hotel Anda a back packer hotel- try to get a room out the back so it will be quiet for you. Nice staff then, helped me when I got sick.
Sorry I never went to Trebasala so cannot help you in that respect.
Pamela

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

I've been to a couple of the beaches near jember, watu ulo and papuma beach, it's really nice there, it's a spectacular coastline
you will rarely see foreign tourists there though
you can find out more about jember and its surroundings on the website of jember tourism:
http://www.eastjava.com/tourism/jember/index.html

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

62,424,102 topic views - 228,686 posts - 13,635 topics - 19,559 members - last post @ 16-10-2018 04:17 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

106,668,653 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com