indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Website & forum information > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Since the 'active topics' page refreshes automatically every five minutes, I have changed the way topics are opened when you click one on this page. Topics will now open in a new window/tab instead of in the same window/tab. This should improve usability of the forum a little bit.

FredB
User
User icon of FredB
spacer line

On 25-07-2009 05:30 Jeroen wrote:
Since the 'active topics' page refreshes automatically every five minutes, I have changed the way topics are opened when you click one on this page. Topics will now open in a new window/tab instead of in the same window/tab. This should improve usability of the forum a little bit.

Personally I find it quite irritating to have a new tab opened with a click on a topic. I will end up with quite a number opened if I follow that procedure and have to close them one by one.
For me: please get back to the old system and stay in the same tab!

Be careful what you wish for; you might get it!

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

You are number two out of two with a negative feedback on this. I hope there will be more feedback, so I can act to it.

FredB
User
User icon of FredB
spacer line

As you also have to count your blessings, did you have had any positive feedback?

FredB
User
User icon of FredB
spacer line

Also: if I do not login at the first page I have to login in every tab!

oyibo
User icon of oyibo
spacer line

I have tried with internet explorer, firefox and chrome.

I don't run into this problem.
Chrome is the easiest, just click away the tab and you're back in the mainpage without login again. Maybe more people can give input?

And which browser is used?

It's only kinky the first time.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 27-07-2009 04:34 FredB wrote:
As you also have to count your blessings, did you have had any positive feedback?
Yes I did, but negative and positive is 2 to 2 now... but I always considder feedback.. it's only hard to come by, so I realise when people DO complain, it must be pretty irritating to them..
On 27-07-2009 04:41 FredB wrote:
Also: if I do not login at the first page I have to login in every tab!
That should be a browser setting... I will check to see if I find anything strange here.

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Hi Jeroen, my opinion is that you should restore the previouw behaviour of the forum: just open the topic in the same browser window/tab. that is common behaviour and that is what most of the people want.

Begin de details te vergeten

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

jeroen, your new system works just fine for me..and in the end, closing a new tab or clicking the go-back button is the same work, just one click

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Okay, enough said.. I will reverse this update within half an hour. Then the topics you click will be opened in the same window again. If this doesn't work, please refresh your browser with CRTL+F5 (or another combination for those using Mac for example).

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

80,925,131 topic views - 238,340 posts - 13,717 topics - 29,628 members - last post @ 07-04-2020 06:00 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

131,977,017 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com