indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Blog @ indahnesia.com > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

Create your own international driver license
Almost all of you travelers to Indonesia which have used a car or motorbike know that the police in general is quite corrupt and will do anything to get a few Rupiah's into their pockets when you are stopped for whatever reason. Money gone, but most will think that it doesn't really matter. That is true, because what is 20.000 Rupiah for not bringing your SIM (drivers license) in Yogyakarta or 50.000 Rupiah for not wearing your helmet in Jakarta?
Continue reading , click the title

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

that's funny, I did the same thing some years ago, I made my own extension stamp for my international driver license...it used to be only one year validity so the damn thing always expired in the middle of my stay in indonesia, very inconvenient! but the problem solved itself, in belgium the international driver license is now issued for a standard 3 years...

oyibo
User icon of oyibo
spacer line

Ik zie dat het rijbewijs geen pasfoto heeft. Emoticon: Party!

Sorry, in English, I see that this driving license doesn't have a passport picture.

It's only kinky the first time.

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

nee toch wel, dat is achteraan in het boekje
the picture and identity are in the back of the booklet

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Picture and identity (some form of) are in the back indeed.

I guess it's the only way to obtain a proper license as the Indonesian government does not give SIM to people who do not have at least a temporary stay permit for Indonesia. At least according to the regulations... Emoticon: Puh!

Ho Lee Fuk

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

85,100,761 topic views - 240,132 posts - 13,728 topics - 33,218 members - last post @ 19-09-2020 21:36 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

138,803,694 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com