indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Blog @ indahnesia.com > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

Amnesty: Police abuse rampant in Indonesia

Torture and other forms of ill-treatment carried out by Indonesian police remain rampant despite the government's efforts to reform the police force, human rights group Amnesty International said in a report released Wednesday.

Continue reading , click the title

papaya
User
User icon of papaya
spacer line

I'm also being asked to 'report' myself every month with the local police and of course to pay 50 thousand RP to them every month. This kind of behaviour makes me sick!
I have a family and I support the local community and I'm being treated like a criminal.
This is something I don't like about Indonesia, at least the town where I live in.

Happiness is not a destination, it's a Way of Living

guna2
User
User icon of guna2
spacer line

On 25-06-2009 11:00 papaya wrote: I'm also being asked to 'report' myself every month with the local police and of course to pay 50 thousand RP to them every month.

This is one of those tricks, based on a half truth. The thing is that your hotel, guesthouse or landlord wiil have to report you to the police (INTEL), every time you have a new visa or when you have extended your visa. Not you. That report is for free. The penalty of not reporting a foreign devil is Rp 5jt, or one year in jail. Unless your domicile is, say, rented in your sponsor's or wife's name, you don't have to worry. And even if it is, you are not responsible for reporting, your wife/sponsor is.

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

papaya; are you also asked to bend over for the police? Or maybe you are requested to suck an officers dick maybe? Or did they molest you with their gun? You paying 50.000 Rupiah may not be according to the rules, but it's nothing compared to what Amnesty International is talking about here.

And read what guna2 wrote, it's true. I never reported myself at any police station, while I am damned sure someone did that for me. That is how it should be, furthermore you should not be worried too much about it.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

49,247,769 topic views - 221,711 posts - 13,475 topics - 15,939 members - last post @ 19-08-2017 20:21 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

88,858,505 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com