indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > A visum to Indonesia.... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Chris1951
User
spacer line

Hi,
Does anyone know if it's possible to get in and out Indonesia on a single entry visum, all within the 60 day valid period?
I know the visum says "single entry". Has anybody ever tried this?

Greetings,
Chris

Richy
User
User icon of Richy
spacer line

" Has anybody ever tried this?

I know the visum says "single entry"."

You already give the answer at your own question...

"Veel mensen hebben een te hoge dunk van wat ze niet zijn, en een te geringe dunk van wat ze wel zijn".

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

With a single entry visit visa You can enter Indonesia and leave again within a 60 day peridod. If you left the country within these 60 days an want to return you simply need a new visum. Do not experiment; you will bounced back without mercy at entry. I know, unfortunatly

Chris1951
User
spacer line

TNX, Diederick,
I asked the same question to the guy at the embassy, his answer was to take of it locally. I justed wondered, would it be allowed to leave and return within those 60 days.
Since we're going to Batam and it's just 25 minutes from Singapore by ferry, that's why.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Hehe.. Chris.. you are now applying for a Dutch single entry visa: "One time is good, and two.. ooh well, why not". The Indonesian law is clear in this. When you leave the country with a single-entry visa, it will be invalid. According to the rules you can't go back.

The fact that you are going to Singapore has nothing to do with it, outside the country is outside the country.

Chris1951
User
spacer line

Well, see the application was for a business visa for both me and my wife. Invitational company letter and all. One year, multiple entry. At the time we turned in the forms the official questioned my wife’s business visa. So I wrote a statement, at his request. I had to pay for a business visa and my wife for a tourist visa. By the time we picked our passports up, this week. Both visa turned out to be “type B” single entry, except mine stated the company name. So, like I said earlier the official told us to take care of multiple entry locally. Perhaps they judged the visa type on the length of our stay, 44 days.
I guess we just have to wait and see what we can do at the immigration office at Batam.
Thank you all for your reactions.
Chris

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

64,989,898 topic views - 229,425 posts - 13,647 topics - 19,924 members - last post @ 12-12-2018 06:02 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

109,862,192 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com