indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Explosion near Australian embassy in Jakarta

However the news doesn't say anything about a bomb (well, it's likely seeing the circumstances, right?), the people on the stock exchange reacted to it, exactly the aim of terrorism:

"The blast at around 10:30 am (0330 GMT) prompted the immediate evacuation of the embassy and caused a sharp drop on the Jakarta stock market."

Shame that this has to happen in Indonesia, but it could as well be in The Hague, since we have an Aussie embassy and terrorists as well. Emoticon: I hope governments of other countries are smart enough not to proclaim that Indonesia is unsafe again, but I already heard that the Aussie government warned about the fact that more attacks were planned in Indonesia.. *sigh*

That was my early-morning complaint for today.

Yerun

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Images on Dutch TV (doesn't happen a lot when it concerns Indonesia) show kind of a big mess. To be compared with the stock exchange bombing 5 aug. 2003.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

more to come soon.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

spacer line  

yerun, i'm sorry that i didn't inform you soon after the blast (i was at the office) but i was panic just as the other staffs here because we felt a tremor shocking the SCTV building, at first we thought it was an earthquake so that we all ran hurriedly to the emergency exit. minutes later we were told that a bomb had exploded at rasuna said near the aussie embassy. since i run the foreign news desk, i was kept busy contacting my contacts in the aussie embassy press affairs and also calling some friends who work at indonesian embassy in australia. they told me that today the australian immigration will summon all indonesian citizens in australia and do a kind of screening test. if they pass, they will be allowed to remain there. but if they don't, they will have to pack up and return to indonesie. but the australian embassy haven't confirmed whether the information is correct or not. i am still waiting for their wire. tonight aussie fm, alexander downer will arrive at jakarta with 9 bomb experts, i hope i'll get the chance to interview him and ask him some questions.
regards, pinta. (i skipped lunch, barely had time to eat. now i'm hungry like a wolf) Emoticon: Sadley

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

nienke
User
spacer line

Hey Pinta,

That must be quite frightening, to be so close! I live in Tomohon (Sulawesi) and I'm already impressed. I was planning to go to Bali again in october en december, what do you think, are there more attacks on their list or is this not to be continued I sure hope not. As Bali still is a place for tourists, it might not be a good idea to travel there?
How do you feel about the travel warnings are they correct or not neccecary?

Greetings Nienke

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

My Deepest Condolences to those who lost their lives in this horrible incident in the heart of the City of Jakarta .

Rgds,
Aliakbar

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

spacer line  

hi nienke,
it is frightening, indeed. the innocent people become victims, families lost their loved ones in such a tragic way. not to mention other fears: who knows where else the bombers place their lethal explosives? it can be my office building or wherever. Actually, a few days ago the aussie government wired my office that they had warned their citizens not to stay in 'western' hotels in jakarta for fear of attacks. the warning came almost simultaneously with the wire from the us embassy informing us that a travel warning had been issued by the us government. we, at the media, thought that any attack likely to happen on september 11 or on the second round of presidential election day... we were mistaken. it happened today.
you question me whether bali is still a place for tourists? yes, it is.
but i can't possibly know whether or not any attacks might happen there. the terrorists haven't called. (lame joke)
the second question, travel warnings. are they neccesary? first of all, l respect the decision as the government's attempt to protect their citizens. however, in my opinion, that country must give indonesian government a fair chance to explain the situation here. from there, they can assess if a travel warning is needed or not.
but as far as i know, the us government didn't consult the indonesian embassy/ indonesian foreign department before they issue the warning.
all i can say nienke, go have fun in bali.
i myself have a plan to spend my new year holiday in bali. que serra, serra... whatever will be, will be. Emoticon: Shiny

Fairy
User
User icon of Fairy
spacer line

Hi Pinta, kita belom pernah kenal jadi salam kenal ya.

First of all I think it's exciting yet chilling that you can provide us with these intimate details of the tragedy that has unfolded in Jakarta just today, given that you're working for SCTV and all. I am in Malaysia so during prime time news ALL local channels focused on the bombing incident as their introduction to the news. As concerned neighbors, I and other Malaysians share Indonesia's pain and frustration. I also couldn't stop flipping through other channels like CNN, BBC and ChannelNewsAsia, almost not wanting to believe that bombing has become somewhat of an annual thing now in Indonesia.

My symphaties and prayers are with Indonesia.

Dear friends, just FYI, my friend Enda has documented some really good links regarding the recent bombing on his blog. http://enda.goblogmedia.com

www.MyIndo.com: A Malaysian's Outlook on Indonesian Pop Culture! :)

spacer line  

Hi all,
I am a new kids on the block on this forum. I am very shock about the bombing. My first words when I read the news on BBC were..."oh not again !!".
I used to work in Kuningan area about seven years ago. I have never been back to the area since, I am sure many changes since I left.

My condolence to the victims, to Republik Indonesia and to the Australian . You are all in my prayer.

My deepest sympathy,
Maple-leafs

spacer line  

To all the people of Indonesia and especially those injured and the families of those deceased I send my heartfelt sympathy . One can only hope that something will happen soon to stop this
disease of kill, kill kill, everywhere in the world. Western world, middle eastern world and eastern world -we all must let our leaders know that we despise killings.
Once again my deepest sympathy to you all. With tears and love.
Patricia.

xtrapol
User
User icon of xtrapol
spacer line

Horrible. I'm so sorry for the people's families whose loved ones were brutally murdered.

Has any group has claimed responsibility? Reasons for the bomb in the Australian press include Australia's involvement in the 1999 East Timor break away and our prime minister's support of the Iraq invasion. I'm very sorry that innocent Indonesians had to take the brunt of an act of terror that wasn't even directed towards them.

Again - my heartfelt sympathies go to all affected by the event. There are planned memorial services in each Australian city for the Indonesians who died.

budowono1
User
spacer line

what happened at Kuningan was terible i hope they would punish these muslims soon.

= edit: thanks =

budowono1
User
spacer line

this is not Jamaah Islamya this is work of hamja has
cause he's avraid hell fall and hamja is a verry dangerous man go ahead and ask Muktar Pakpahan aboud Hamja if don beleef

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Your statement that Hamzah Haz has done this is quite a brutal one. I hope you have evidence for me (us) because this looks like slander.

budowono1
User
spacer line

actualy i have avidence agaynst hamja he's been after these incidents all the thime did you know he tried to kill Muktar Pakpahan he can comfirm and decleared he wanted to change Panca-sila and bring in arab law . futher more Abu Bakar claimed Hamja was the one that payed him to asasinate Ibu Mega but he denied .
wich is also the reason Abu Bakar was arested agayn at the day of his releace when he was at the gate to stop him from talkin.

Beleef me i wouldn't make these acusations if i wan't 100% sertin of it
but i have no ficical evidence yet but im working on it ...!
i've been working on it for the pas 1,5 year when i have more proove i'll comfirm the proove end also send it to Indonesia Govermen

budowono1
User
spacer line

Yerus im not saying this cause i have some thing agaynst Priminister Hamja haz im truely confinced he is the one behind all of it

xtrapol
User
User icon of xtrapol
spacer line

I can't believe I'm about to say this but... Budowono MAY be right.

The thing is... there is no proof. There probably never will be. But many people believe Hamzah Haz is indeed involved with JI. He has close, personal relations with Abu Bakar Baasyir. And his reactions to the Bali bomb in 2002 were very strange. Including comments he made on JI.

But again... there is no proof. The best we can say is it's a theory. Emoticon: Confused

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Aah.. the word theory seems much better than a blunt accusation.

budowono1
User
spacer line

yes a theory not a accusation im working hard to prove his conection
if want to know more read my topic aboud my theory

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Hamja haz and his conection to Jamaah islamya actions

Please discuss about who did this Emoticon: Smile

spacer line  

hai Fay! aku fans berat kamu kok. I know you! I'm a frequent visitor to your website. I love your articles about food and junk food (that Terry orange chocolate really makes me drool. tanggung jawab kamu, fay!)
really, i love the way you describe things and events. sukses ya bo! Emoticon: Bye bye

spacer line  

All the folk here who have planned their trips to Bali are not going to cancel. We hope to travel there in a few months time. Our general feeling is that nothing and noone is going to stop us. That would show the terrorists that we can be controlled by them and that they can win.
Patricia.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,914,656 topic views - 240,527 posts - 13,734 topics - 34,037 members - last post @ 03-12-2020 10:38 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,668,835 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com