indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

xtrapol
User
User icon of xtrapol
spacer line

If you are considering moving to Indonesia from overseas with children and need help with schooling for them I've written a short summary of what schools are available what to expect:

Jakarta International School - I was there my whole school life - an American school with 60 nationalities and (at least 2500) students. It offers the International Baccalaureate, and the American equivalent (AP) exams. Other international schools include: a Dutch school(early years through to grade 6 - VERY EXPENSIVE), a British International School which caters to the British community (it's large as well), an Australian International School (if you can avoid it - do so), a French International School (all ages), a German School (all ages), a Russian school (early years through grade 10), a Japanese school (all ages), a Korean school (early years through grades 6) and numerous locally-run English speaking schools and pre-schools.

Most schools are close-by to housing areas inhabited by many foreign expatriates. Make sure you try to get a house close to your child's school because Jakarta's traffic situation can often be dreadful and transportation can become a problem. Every international school has a good and reliable bus service (all run by the same company ).

The fees of most of these international schools are OBSCENELY expensive (except for the Japanese and French which are government funded) so check that your sponsering company will at least help you pay them otherwise it may be difficult to afford to put your child through schooling in Indonesia.

Due to the discriminatory laws of Soeharto, Indonesian students have not been allowed to attend International Schools since 1970's, but I think reecently these laws have changed and now Indonesian students also have some degree of access to foreign education. (I'm not sure though - it's best to check with an Indonesian embassy or consulate to make certain your child is eligible to be enrolled if they have Indonesian nationality. There are some strange clauses tI think about which parent is an Indonesian national and what was their first language etc. - so do some research first).

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,136,975 topic views - 234,295 posts - 13,691 topics - 25,185 members - last post @ 18-10-2019 06:07 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

124,576,221 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com