indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

richards27
User
spacer line

Hi everyone,

I have a question about my trip to Maluku, which i want to follow with my gf.
We planned to go to Maluku for 2,5 a 3 weeks. Emoticon: Smile
The islands we want to visit / route:
Jakarta - Ambon
Sarapau
Banda(neira) - Ambon
Ternate
Morotai - Ternate - Denpasar

But can anyone tell me about the transport between them. I read before in the LP from Indonesia
that Merpati flies between Ambon and Ternate and Ternata - Galela - Morotai . But after a call
seems that Merpati dont fly anymore within Maluku. Do you know some other airlines that fly there?
Is there a other way to go to Morotai from Ternate or we have to stop in Tobelo first?

I hope you guys / woman can give me some advice

Richard

Jeanette
User
spacer line

It's Saparua, not Sarapau.... Been there; very nice.

Don't you think it's too much to visit in 2,5 even 3 weeks?
Flight- and boatschedules tend to be unreliable.
But there's a guy on the forum who handles tickets in Indonesia, perhaps he can help you. Sorry, don't know his name, perhaps Jeroen does.

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

Hello Richard,

I was in Maluku 3 month ago and at that time there still were flights available with Merpati. But as Merpati has shortness of planes there is a good chance they've canceled some services. Other airlines are Lion Air and one which I cannot remember the name anymore. Anyhow don't rely too much on schedules, better you check schedules 1 month before departure.
The man who handles tickets in Indonesia is "Thephantom" but for the moment for Lion Air, Mandala and Air Asia only.
If u want to go Banda, keep in mind there is one flight a week only (wednesday) which is canceled often (bad weather, no plane, no passengers whatever). You can go by boat to Banda with Pelni, schedule a few month ago was saturday every two weeks (but more often a returning boat from Bandaneira to Ambon at that time)
So given the "difficulties" of schedules 2,5 to 3 weeks is very very tight.

Anne Mieke

Need information about Flores? Take a look at the website "FLORES SURGA KITA" https://www.travel2flores.info/ (including many photo's) Avatar: Sarotari, Larantuka, the exact place the Palmerah bridge will be built. http://www.tidalbridge.com/

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,
Laszlo from Indonesia Forum on Thorn Tree Lonely Planet knows this area like the back of his hand.
If you have not posted on the above forum- strongly suggest you do.

Anne Mieke- how are you? Good to see you on the forum.
Pamela

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

On 14-04-2009 11:08 pPamela wrote:

Anne Mieke- how are you? Good to see you on the forum.
Pamela

Hey Pam,

I'm fine and I will leave for Indo within a few days, but for 3 weeks "only".....
I'm going to Nusa Tenggara, (Timor, Rote, Flores) an as I have one week left (boyfriend needs to work) Emoticon: Cry I'm still dubbing between Sulawesi, Banjarmasin or Jambi. Then again I'll be off for 7 weeks at the end of July. What are ur Indoplans for this year. Would be nice if we could meet up.....

Need information about Flores? Take a look at the website "FLORES SURGA KITA" https://www.travel2flores.info/ (including many photo's) Avatar: Sarotari, Larantuka, the exact place the Palmerah bridge will be built. http://www.tidalbridge.com/

richards27
User
spacer line

Thx all for the information.
But during circumstances my trip is cancelled

Emoticon: Emoticon: Cry Emoticon: Cry Emoticon: Cry Emoticon: Cry

Richard

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

78,889,770 topic views - 236,224 posts - 13,703 topics - 27,545 members - last post @ 25-01-2020 22:14 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

128,707,490 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com