indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Does anyone have a clue? I saw this word somewhere and I was wondering what it could mean. But there is no translation on the internet, so I'm in doubt whether it's a true Bahasa Indonesia word.

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

On 06-09-2004 19:33 Jeroen wrote:
Does anyone have a clue? I saw this word somewhere and I was wondering what it could mean. But there is no translation on the internet, so Im in doubt whether its a true Bahasa Indonesia word.

>Hi Jeroen,
>"SUKLIH" is the word used to describe the name of one Army's "SEARCH LIGHT" (the one they use to search aircraft during the night)
>I heard this word for the first time when I was a little boy!
>My cousin came home from "PASAR MALAM"....
>He told us lots lots of exciting stories ...one of them was about this "SUKLIH".....
>Since then I was very determined not to miss any of the PASAR MALAM in town....
>YES !!!!! I saw THIS SUKLIH!!...
>The army personels gave us a demosntration !.....
>it was very bright!
>I was excited!! more over my mother bought me "EMPING MELINJO", SUGAR CANDY"/Kembang Gula/Arum Manis....and telor asin... (NDOK KAMAL.... )/salty duck egg..and ROTI MARIE(Marie BISCUITS..)
>I couldn't sleep when I got home..
>The word comes from "SHOCK LIGHT"...?

>Just like many other words.... "ALEXANDER" becomes "SUKANDAR"
Al-mari =lemari(cupboard) Al-jemah=Jum'at(Friday) Sabado(Portuguese?)= "SABTU"= Saturday....
Domingo(Portuguese)=Minggu(Sunday) Ar-ba=Rabu, "Bandeira"=BENDERA Limao=Jeruk......DUNIA(INDIA)= Dunia(world)=donya (Javanese)...

>Where did you see this word?

spacer line  

Hi Jeroen and bagusdewe,

maybe the word "suklih" has something to do with the dutch word "zoeklicht?

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

halo bunga belanda

I'll have to agree with you 99.999% (.001% mainly I didn't know the "EXACT" /original source/who started it all)
>since the word: "zoeklicht" is/was very hard to pronounce back then....(too wetserned....../belanda......)
>Even these days.... I encountered some villager's version of English pronounciation....
>"Fifty ">>>>>> becomes: "pipti" pronounced:"PIP-TEA"
>well......
>On the other side of the coin, many English speaking people pronounce 'Orang Hutan' to "oranguteng" & 'orangutang'.......that means:'somebody who "OWES MONEY'.......
Salam

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,765,161 topic views - 240,493 posts - 13,734 topics - 34,011 members - last post @ 25-11-2020 16:35 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,437,613 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com