indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Nigerian drug smuggler sent to death row

Again, the Indonesian government is making a very clear statement. Putting someone on death row doesn't seem to have enough influence, so every once in a while they just hang a foreign national to show what they are at.

Outside the question if they will reach their target (decreasing drug trafficing and less drug addicts), will they truly make their point when putting someone on death row, or will they only reach this by hanging them for real. Or maybe this won't work as well, so death penalty is not an option?

Good point? Guess so, Indonesia's laws tell you not to bring in, use, make drugs. Penalties are clear as well: death penalties are possible.

Confy
User
User icon of Confy
spacer line

i guess the amount of drugs was quite a lot..

even thought ppl shouldnt decide over someone else's lives imo.. if its proven that he provided drugs to a certain area with lots of victims then i cant grieve for this penalty

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I think it's quite hard to prove that his drugs killed someone, so they just convict him on the fact that he was smuggling with the intend to sell, (and with that maybe destroying youngsters their lives ... and the image of Indonesia of course....

Confy
User
User icon of Confy
spacer line

ofc its hard to prove... thats why i said the amount of drugs was a lot problably...

- the pic ur gf?

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

things that are hard to prove will be made more easy for the prosecutors then... just convict someone with some drugs. That's more easy.

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.confy: click here

spacer line  

yerun, i don't think that's fair for you to say that. please know that indonesian government will not punish anyone with death sentence unless they have sufficient proofs and a strong base to do so.

This has nothing to do with whether or not i agree with death sentence (I don't).

The government is urged to reject any appeal from the convicted drug smugglers in order to threaten others who intend to sell/ smuggle drugs here. did their drugs kill people? it is indeed hard to prove but they must have known that they do something illegal and if they still do that, it's their choice. they know the consequences anyway.

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

indonesian government will not punish anyone with death sentence unless they have sufficient proofs and a strong base to do so

I assume they do, believe me... (outside the fact that you think different... )

budowono1
User
spacer line

That's what we call justice .......!
if we give people general pardon to 1 every one want's general pardon.

it must be to keep the principle.
by givin an exaple by executing 1 it frightens the others that wan't to follow that i'll be a great example for the fututre so no one will try.

= edit: death wish removed =

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

There are a number of countries which have the deathpenalty for drugtrafficking. Most of the people on deathrow in Indonesia are the simple (and mostly poor) pions who do these things because they can earn money with it (recently a nigerian was given the deathpenalty who swallowed a amount of bolinhas with heroin for a reward of 1500 dollars!) In Holland these people, when caught, are send back to their homecountry after pooping the bolinhas out (without any punishment!).
My points are: I don't know of any big druglord serving time in Indonesian prison, let alone on deathrow. Secondly; big-time corruptors and other criminals (like f.i. Tommy Suharto) have a good life in a special prison, or can leave the country without any problem. Thridly; indonesian military who are responsible for actually killing thousands of people (f.i. in East-Timor) are acquited en masse . I find this a strange judicial system, to say the least.

budowono1
User
spacer line

there are drug lord in prison ever hird of Wariso he in prison still
he used to be Komando but after fall Suharto he arested by new goverment

xtrapol
User
User icon of xtrapol
spacer line

Death penalty is bullshit. Noticed a large percentage of people who end up being killed from drug related crimes - or at least what the media publicizes- are Africans? Official responses from the authoritiies range from 'self - defence' to 'attempted hostage taking'. Africans and people of African descent seem to be targeted all over the world, most publicly in the US and Europe, for crimes which they aren't soley responsible for. The world's a racist place - in every country.

budowono1
User
spacer line

yeah but by executing them you set apoin and than they would not dear to make the same mistake cause they already excuted one already by putting preasure you candecreace the percentage end set an example for the Drug cartels.

i don't feel sorri for them
do you know how manny people die cause of people like them they desrve it these people are pure evil they are not human some one that sell drugs to children and ruin norman happy peoples live for that crap desereve no beter

Think aboud it drug dealers are worce than murders

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

79,858,696 topic views - 236,818 posts - 13,712 topics - 28,671 members - last post @ 28-02-2020 18:59 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

130,315,132 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com