indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Blog @ indahnesia.com > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

MD82's; the Wings Air trash bin for air transport

At the end of last year I was able to experience how it was to fly a brand new plane as well as a very old one in just a matter of days. That very old one was a short domestic flight from Jakarta to Yogyakarta with Indonesia Air Asia, while just several months earlier I had traveled from Yogyakarta to Kuala Lumpur with Air Asia in one of the newest planes - at that moment - in use with the airline. It was the new plane that fascinated me most, while I only thought about the old one a few months later.

Continue reading , click the title

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

I saw the damned plane just two weeks ago at Yogyakarta airport. Still in use that old crap.

Ho Lee Fuk

oyibo
User icon of oyibo
spacer line

It's a shame indeed.
PK-WIK is notoriously known for an amazing stream of structural failiures.
Landing gear, visible damage on the bulkhead just behind the cockpit and toilet and at the entrance of the cabin. Windows cracking. And so on. Taping the same window with Ducktape. Mind you, this is an pressured fuselage !

But hey, we all can see the consequence of destructive maintanance.
The comment from air authorities when a plane comes down is, "As usual we arranged the same team to go on location (read crash site).

Welcome to Indonesia ! Emoticon: Frustrated

It's only kinky the first time.

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

It's almost scary to see (and hear!) that wreck taking off, knowing that it's 27 years old AND in the hands of a company that doesn't take care too much. Emoticon: Nooo

Ho Lee Fuk

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

85,065,311 topic views - 240,130 posts - 13,728 topics - 33,217 members - last post @ 17-09-2020 04:11 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

138,741,134 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com