indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

mali2004
User
spacer line

Off course the Borabudur and the other temples.
I was allready in Cipanas and Kampung Naga in 1997.
What else is a must to see?

Aangirfan
User
spacer line

Bogor and Pelabuhan Ratu - http://community.webshots.com/user/aangirfan

In Bogor, get off the main roads and find the traffic free lanes that run next the rivers and canals. These lanes are full of flowers and trees and smiling angels.

You could spend ten years wandering around the Bogor countryside and not be bored. Mount Salak, lakes, giant trees, little mosques, bougainvillea, Magnolia, kite flying children, dukuns, lost domains....

Bogor is where the elite like to relax.

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

South of Yogyakarta is the temple of Nji Roro Kidl, or the Godess of the South Sea. In a cave there is the possiblilty to meditate to her. You know that the original kraton in Karta Sura was in direct line with her.
Dieng plateau 40 km west of Yogya, is amazingly beautifull. Prambanan you probably already discovered, and in Mendut the standing Budha temple on your way to Borobudur.
Crafstmenship, silver, batik wood, music and ballet.
Near Solo the temple of Sukuh, small a long way but interesitng those in none Buddistic temples. Nice scenery.
A must to see it the local people in the villages, go into one of the textile factories, go into the desa's and talk to the people. They are what makes Indonesia a must. Eat some nice dishes from the Kaki Lima, or five feet, foodstands.

Sepp

spacer line  

Bandung and beyond,
39 km south of Bandung city is Ciwidey, kawah putih (white crater) is stunning the color change from white to a wierd turguoise green, there aren't too many step either. The hotspring of cimanggu are very hot indeed but there is a slighty cooler pool whisch is like having a hot bath inthe middle of the mountain

sglange
User
spacer line

On 02-10-2004 06:34 Sepp Buys wrote:
South of Yogyakarta is the temple of Nji Roro Kidl, or the Godess of the South Sea. In a cave there is the possiblilty to meditate to her. You know that the original kraton in Karta Sura was in direct line with her.
Dieng plateau 40 km west of Yogya, is amazingly beautifull. Prambanan you probably already discovered, and in Mendut the standing Budha temple on your way to Borobudur.
Crafstmenship, silver, batik wood, music and ballet.
Near Solo the temple of Sukuh, small a long way but interesitng those in none Buddistic temples. Nice scenery.
A must to see it the local people in the villages, go into one of the textile factories, go into the desas and talk to the people. They are what makes Indonesia a must. Eat some nice dishes from the Kaki Lima, or five feet, foodstands.

Sepp

Hi there Supp!
Gosh! it seems to me that everyone tends to miss Gedung Candi Songo located at Mt unggaran, Ambarawa. It seems that this place is not too famous and as for hotels, not to worry, there're lots of them around.

remichi
User
User icon of remichi
spacer line

yes, i was also wondering what things i have to see in java. we're travelling from jakarta to surabaya, during about 3 weeks. i have the lonely planet with all the obvious stuff. but are there still places which you really have to see and are not in the lonely planet, so which are not very famous, but definitely worth visiting???

pPamela
User
spacer line

Here is the link to a post I wrote a few months ago forum.indahnesia.com/topic/1797/
Scroll down to my post.
Only problem with going to Halimun National Park now is, it is most likely going to be wet and too dangerous.
If you had more time I would have suggested meeting my teacher Andang Heryana in Cipanas/Cianjur and spending a Sunday with him.
You could have volunteered to speak English for all our students at our weekend English school we have in this area for children whose families cannot afford private English lessons. (even have their own laptop computer now to learn with cd rom.)
Our school held in people's houses is 4 yrs old now and the students are so eager to practice their english with travellers who can speak English.
Volunteering this way means you really get to meet the people and visit the villages see how indonesian way of life really is.
Plus you also get a chance to see some of the sites in the area the next day with some of the english speaking locals.
Maybe another time.
Pamela

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

77,647,862 topic views - 235,464 posts - 13,700 topics - 26,314 members - last post @ 11-12-2019 22:22 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

126,691,381 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com