indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Who has been to Indonesia must have seen at least a few of those hilarious translation errors from Indonesian into English. Some are just plain common, while others are too stupid to be true or just very funny.

A few days ago I got an email from a friend asking me to put these online if I liked to. No problem, I even have an addition from my own archives as well!

You can drive in, but I'm not sure if you will get out again

And if you hide them, hide them very well

Fortunately thay are not 'more' teachers

From here it actually gets worse!

Indonesians have a problem with 'P', 'F' and 'V', but this is just amazing!

Do you see how they got fucked up like this? I do! "The 'Pe' shoulf be an 'eP'!

And just a plain old stupid one

Eeh, what?

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Handicapped text

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Sanks, thats is perry vunny.

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

Very funny...but at least they try..can't say the same of all the foreign truckdrivers from Poland and Tsjechia and the Eastern European countries who often only konow two german words and nothing more in Dutch. Emoticon: Devil

Irdxb
User
spacer line

I did saw this several times when i'm on holiday back home. Sometime it does entertain me during my long journey. As Veer01 comments at least they try..and not giving up..
However you can see more if you travel to China, Middle East & certain parts of Europe.
Anyway we learn to make mistake...

Vinie
User
User icon of Vinie
spacer line

somebody had to make new menu cards, i told them how to spell some words but they prefer their own indo english!

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

On 19-12-2008 00:05 Vinie wrote:
somebody had to make new menu cards, i told them how to spell some words but they prefer their own indo english!

So they made new ones for free?

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

I told you aleady on the Dutch topic about this. My son (half Indonesian) is even irrtating himself because of the stuborness of his fellow countrymen on the way they using English or any other foreign language while it is so easy to ask it somebody. But when somebody is a high pejabat , is Drs. or SH then he is right and the native speaker is wrong. How low can you go!

ghozali
User
User icon of ghozali
spacer line

I am original Indonesian, what looks like my speaking now?
yeah, something like that, we have many languages here, as me here i can speak jowo, Indonesia, a bit English, a bit too Arabic, and for Jowo language, every each area have different spelling.

I make sure, my english not really good, still have no time to learn english more, have many works here. but i was try at best as i can to speak english grammar, i don't know it true or not my spoke. that was what i can. you understand my spoke, it is enough.

maybe it is a funny thing also. like you are poro londo2 when try to learn jowo language, and then you try to speak java with us, and we hear your spelling, looks very funny Emoticon: Laugh out loud . something like i suppose to say. " Kowe Wong Jowo ?"

but when we spoke each others (bule-origianal Indonesian) understandably, for me is enough.

life in fresh small village, nice!

nonsri
User
User icon of nonsri
spacer line

Hi Yerun & guys,

Seeing the pictures above a bit make me smiling (Not laughing Emoticon: Smile ) ,As you know that English is not their mother tongue and might be those are the best words in English they could translated. Meanwhile, they laughing at you when you try to speak, read, or translate your languange into bahasa (As Gozali said)

However, i thought most foreigners were very kind to understand Indonesian cultures (not after i read some these comments though Emoticon: Nooo ).

An Indonesia woman,

JengSri

Peace Out,

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

However, i thought most foreigners were very kind to understand Indonesian cultures (not after i read some these comments though Emoticon: Nooo ).

What a strange reason that is. Emoticon:

If you are Indonesian, you can tell me why it is that you can't smile or laugh about those errors? As a foreigner some of the errors make me smile. I am not perfect also, but isn't that something you should learn from so it will never happen again?

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

And then came this. At Soekarno-Hatta International airport. How funny do you want to have them? Emoticon: Laugh out loud Emoticon: Laugh out loud

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

A while ago I was in Tanah Abang (Jakarta) when I noticed that I was at the location of one of the pictures here in this topic. The errors had been fixed by then!

sglange
User
spacer line

Well, have to accept the facts that English is not the main language in Indonesia and they will not mind if you inform them that there is a mistake. Not forgetting also that Bahasa Indonesia and Bahasa Melayu no doubt sounds the same but it is totally a different language. Emoticon: Bye bye

spacer line  

On 01-05-2009 06:20 sglange wrote:
Well, have to accept the facts that English is not the main language in Indonesia and they will not mind if you inform them that there is a mistake. Not forgetting also that Bahasa Indonesia and Bahasa Melayu no doubt sounds the same but it is totally a different language. Emoticon: Bye bye

Like Nederlands for the Duth and Vlaams for the Belgian.

bisa dicek of makemyday .

spacer line  

On 07-02-2009 22:19 nonsri wrote:
Hi Yerun & guys,

Seeing the pictures above a bit make me smiling (Not laughing Emoticon: Smile ) ,As you know that English is not their mother tongue and might be those are the best words in English they could translated. Meanwhile, they laughing at you when you try to speak, read, or translate your languange into bahasa (As Gozali said)

An Indonesia woman,

JengSri

Yes , indeed.
Most of them are understanding .
Some of them ?????

bisa dicek of makemyday .

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

78,842,965 topic views - 236,146 posts - 13,703 topics - 27,450 members - last post @ 23-01-2020 07:32 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

128,599,843 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com