indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sumatera > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

Hi dear friends,

me and my wife we would like to take a small road from Medan to the following cities/villages- can anobody tell us, if this way is possible? dirt road is o.k.,

From Medan we go to Tanjungpura -> Pangkalanbrandan -> Seumadam

From Seumadam on our map there goes a small road west to

Pulautiga -> Pinding -> Oreng -> Blangkejeren

If anybody could help us with information about this way, we would be more than happy!

Thank you so much in advance and hope to hear from you!

Benjamin and Mandy Emoticon: Smile

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,
What map do you have?
I have had a look on the internet because I thought that the area would be most likely jungle and from what I can see it looks like that.
Here is a link showing the area www.maplandia.com/indonesia/ac(...)nggara/blangkejeren/
You can move the arrow around to see the other places you have mentioned that are closer to Medan.
Blangkejeren is actually in Aceh not Sumatra.
I know the road from Medan to Kutacane is not so good, but the road from Ketambe to Blangkejeren was in good condition when I was there in November 2006.
Have not been the route you are planning.
Pamela.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Again,
Here is a link to a post from Lonely Planet Thorn tree by a traveller who went trekking in Kedah this year.
www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree(...)a?messageID=13697813
It is not far from Blangkejeren so maybe you could try to email the address which is on the website he has quoted in the post and ask about the roads in the Oren to Blangkejeren area.
Pamela

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,445,783 topic views - 223,951 posts - 13,528 topics - 16,747 members - last post @ 24-11-2017 11:53 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,507,328 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com