indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

    
You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line
 

Indonesia passes broad anti-pornography bill
Shouts of "Thank you, God!" erupted inside the Indonesian Parliament building Thursday after lawmakers passed anti-pornography legislation, bringing to an end nearly 10 years of debate.
Continue reading , click the title



Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line
 

What a shame, Indonesia is rapidly becoming a fasal-state of the Middle East Emoticon: Talk to the hand



spacer line  

The controversial legislation defines pornography as sexual materials in the form of drawings, sketches, illustrations, photographs, text, sound, moving pictures, animation, cartoons, poetry, conversations or any other form of communicative messages.

Some say the legislation could go as far as jailing people for kissing in public. Emoticon: Confused

I guess wearing a bikini when you're at the beach in Indonesia is a no no?

The island's tourism will clearly suffer. Emoticon: Nooo




madrotter
User
User icon of madrotter
spacer line
 

what a bunch of idiots!!!! i can't believe they went ahead and did it, the extreme right wing islamo fascists will be dancing in the streets and will start enforcing their twisted views tomorrow.... crap!!!!



searching
User
spacer line
 

Alhamdulillah (sarcastically). Now I support the demand that some areas like Bali, which have refused the bill to be freed from the obligation to apply it.


Find out the real face of Islam, read www. faithfreedom.org

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line
 

I'm curious if Bali still wants to proclaim independence, knowing they will break with Pancasila and seeing East Timor falling in a gaping hole after their independence. Unfortunately little options are left outside not accepting the law, which they do now.



kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line
 


On 01-11-2008 04:52 Yerun wrote:
I'm curious if Bali still wants to proclaim independence, knowing they will break with Pancasila and seeing East Timor falling in a gaping hole after their independence. Unfortunately little options are left outside not accepting the law, which they do now.


Probably in 50 years the whole Balinese culture will be destroyed, there will be mosque's everywhere and all women will wear a niqaab or jilbab... Independence is unfortunately no option for Bali as this will only lead to violence.

In the past Bali always advertised in Australian newspapers as if it was a different country from Indonesia. That's why a lot of Aussies thought Bali is an independent country indeed until the Bali bombings and Schapelle Corby's case.


Gracias. Sama sama

Pistebunny
User
spacer line
 

My husband and myself was in Bali two month ago for surfing. We are due to go to Bali again on the 13th of this month (November). We booked the tickets three weeks ago as we didn't expect that Indonesia is going to have new silly law. Now I am not so sure if the long journey from UK worth three weeks stay without worrying if one of us sooner or later accidently broke the new law Emoticon: Confused If only SIA will give us refund, we could go to Oz instead Emoticon: Sadley


Winter lover : o )

louen
User
spacer line
 

I didn't know about this anti-pornography bill. Khristina0330 mentioned drawing, sketching, photographs etc. but that does not mean that people can't go to the beach right?
What was the main reason this was introduced?



Pistebunny
User
spacer line
 

Of course people still can go to the beach but I think you have to be very careful with the amount of flesh you are going to display. I believe the radical muslim were the one responsible for the introduction of this anti-pornography bill. I wonder if the Balinese immigration officers will confiscate my i-book to check if there are any illegal texts when I get to Bali in 11 days time Emoticon: Cooool


Winter lover : o )

louen
User
spacer line
 


On 02-11-2008 22:29 Pistebunny wrote:
Of course people still can go to the beach but I think you have to be very careful with the amount of flesh you are going to display.

So women can't wear a swimming costume and men can't wear board shorts?
Will they have separate beaches then?



fred uk
User
spacer line
 


On 01-11-2008 13:18 kiwimave wrote:

...


Probably in 50 years the whole Balinese culture will be destroyed, there will be mosque's everywhere and all women will wear a niqaab or jilbab... Independence is unfortunately no option for Bali as this will only lead to violence.

In the past Bali always advertised in Australian newspapers as if it was a different country from Indonesia. That's why a lot of Aussies thought Bali is an independent country indeed until the Bali bombings and Schapelle Corby's case.


Sorry but hat a stupid post.
I'm an Englishman living in Central Java. There are lots of Mosques here but most women wear what they please within their own ideas of morality. Most of the younger ones only wear a head covering when the situation demands and no one forces them to do anything. They are free.
If you have something against mosques/Muslims don't go to a 90% Muslim country.

As for the Bali bombers they are going to get a well deserved bullet soon.

I remember the Corby case and also remember that earlier this year her lawyer admitted that the story of the baggage handlers putting the stuff in there was a total lie made up to try to get the greedy bitch off the hook for drug smuggling. He also apologised to the baggage handlers for trying to make out they were criminals.
She's lucky not to get a bullet herself.
The law here is very clear (and right) about drugs. I have a young daughter and I want her to grow up in a place free from that filth. If you want drugs bog off somewhere that allows it. Same for porn. It's the domain of dirty old gits in raincoats. We don't need it.

It ia well worth a visit to Indonesia. Wonderful country full of friendly people. They will invite a stranger into their home for a cup of tea and a meal just because that's the way they think they should be. All they ask in return is that you respect them as they do you.
I've lived here 13 months now and love the place.



spacer line  

Yes, sketching, painting, drawing...even cartoon or animation! This is silly. I'm an artist and I like painting/sketching nude. Its beautiful, its ART for cryin' out loud!!! Well, thank heavens I don't live in Indonesia....for now... Emoticon: Confused



oyibo
Moderator
User icon of oyibo
spacer line
 

I only wonder how the governement is going to impose this new law.
Esspecially on Bali where the majority is non moslim, and the moslims that are livng there tend not to make a problem. Background noise has it that if the governement is tightning rule Balinese immigration will focus on people that are not registered but live on Bali. Caught means off the Island. We discuss moslims in that case.

That law is in place for some years now, starting with the clean-up of Kuta beach where people build there shops that were not supposed to be there. A big cleanup was done.That was some years ago but still in peoples minds.

Tightning from governement means similar action.
I don't think the regular tourist doesn't notice anything from the governement regulation in general. Moslims on Bali normally tend to keep quite. They are not waiting for a new clean-up. They've had the wrath from the Balinese some years ago. I will be going home to Bali next week,and see what the situation is. Emoticon: Party!



It's only kinky the first time.

Pistebunny
User
spacer line
 

Oyibo......In two weeks time please look out for a short legged, flat nosed, slightly overweight, bottle blonde Indonesian woman (that'sme Emoticon: Smile ) under parasol in Kuta beach. Not sure what sort of beach wear I am going to wear though, with luck I can wear my bikini from Rio Emoticon: Shiny To Khristina....I am afraid few art shop owner's in Bali start getting worried over selling painting of naked women. As for surfing......we might have to wear sarong!!!! Just kidding Emoticon: Wink


Winter lover : o )

oyibo
Moderator
User icon of oyibo
spacer line
 

Oh jummy, I like exiting bikini's Emoticon: Party!
Well, I know how to find you !

See ya in Kuta,

I'm fat, ugly, you reconize me easy, wooden leg, parrot on my shoulder.
But hey, I'm nice ! Emoticon: Party!


It's only kinky the first time.

spacer line  


On 04-11-2008 15:26 Pistebunny wrote:
To Khristina....I am afraid few art shop owner's in Bali start getting worried over selling painting of naked women. As for surfing......we might have to wear sarong!!!! Just kidding Emoticon: Wink


I wonder if I buy NOW, will I get it cheaper??? haha, I should take advantage. Emoticon: Yes!



spacer line  

The enactment of the law on anti pornography and pornoaction (APP) could not be likened to the process of Islamization on the ground that it was only aimed at safeguarding the morality of their nationals.

"Morality is universal in nature. It does not only exist in Islam, butit's found in other beliefs which in particular instill to their believers on the importance of upholding moral values.

http://www.antara.co.id/en/arc(...)ned-to-islamization/


bisa dicek of makemyday .

fred uk
User
spacer line
 


On 05-11-2008 09:49 Surya Atmadja wrote:
The enactment of the law on anti pornography and pornoaction (APP) could not be likened to the process of Islamization on the ground that it was only aimed at safeguarding the morality of their nationals.

"Morality is universal in nature. It does not only exist in Islam, butit's found in other beliefs which in particular instill to their believers on the importance of upholding moral values.

http://www.antara.co.id/en/arc(...)ned-to-islamization/


I agree but being from the UK I have seen both sides of the coin.
The sad part is that many from the west believe that they have the right to impose their ideals on a country even if they are just popping over for a holiday and will go back home in a few short weeks.
For those from the UK that want to use drugs and have easy sex in the street after getting drunk may I suggest a holiday in Doncaster.

For those with an mind open to seeing another country, visit Indonesia. It's a wonderful place full of friendly people with a warm welcome awaiting you.



oyibo
Moderator
User icon of oyibo
spacer line
 

Enactment of this APP is only the facade of shortminded religious fanatics who want to impose there lifestyle on the rest of a nation who isn't asking for it. Neither does it take it's own people into consideration.

Good show! Emoticon: Party!


It's only kinky the first time.

Nemesis
User
User icon of Nemesis
spacer line
 

It also makes illegal public performances which could "incite sexual desire."



The end of my favourite part of Indonesian culture.


Amore, more, ore, re, probantur amicitiae. Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes.

Nemesis
User
User icon of Nemesis
spacer line
 


On 06-11-2008 12:20 fred uk wrote:

...


I agree but being from the UK I have seen both sides of the coin.
The sad part is that many from the west believe that they have the right to impose their ideals on a country even if they are just popping over for a holiday and will go back home in a few short weeks.
For those from the UK that want to use drugs and have easy sex in the street after getting drunk may I suggest a holiday in Doncaster.

For those with an mind open to seeing another country, visit Indonesia. It's a wonderful place full of friendly people with a warm welcome awaiting you.


Obviously not visited planet earth for the last decade? Emoticon: Yes!


Amore, more, ore, re, probantur amicitiae. Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes.

senior
User
User icon of senior
spacer line
 

Well, in my opinion it seems that fred uk is on the right place now: i wonder when he will become a fanatic moslim


hati hati, pelan pelan

Nemesis
User
User icon of Nemesis
spacer line
 


On 05-11-2008 09:49 Surya Atmadja wrote:
The enactment of the law on anti pornography and pornoaction (APP) could not be likened to the process of Islamization on the ground that it was only aimed at safeguarding the morality of their nationals.

"Morality is universal in nature. It does not only exist in Islam, butit's found in other beliefs which in particular instill to their believers on the importance of upholding moral values.

http://www.antara.co.id/en/arc(...)ned-to-islamization/


What are good morals and what are bad morals?

Not allowing a woman to show her hair and cutting off hands of a thieve is that good?
Allowing woman to follow a study and allowing people to go to a cinema is that bad?

A legal system should be very careful with making decisions about morals.
A law on pornography is of course not a good idea, no matter where it came from.


Amore, more, ore, re, probantur amicitiae. Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes.

Nemesis
User
User icon of Nemesis
spacer line
 


On 06-11-2008 19:15 senior wrote:
Well, in my opinion it seems that fred uk is on the right place now: i wonder when he will become a fanatic moslim

Check his wife/girlfriend. When she starts to wear baby clothes the moment is there... Emoticon: Shut up!


Amore, more, ore, re, probantur amicitiae. Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes.


You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.



76,847,173 topic views - 234,929 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,672 members - last post @ 14-11-2019 19:32 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,699,005 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com