indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Tickets, airlines and transport > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

mikepots
User
spacer line

Hello, I will be traveling from Jakarta to Yogyakarta to Denpasar to Jakarta and will be flying with Garuda and AirAsia. What are the problems of purchasing these tickets online? How easy is it to find the offices for these companies in the airport so I may purchase the tickets upon my arrival in Jakarta? I have read many times that it is better to buy them in country so I would like to know what the pros and cons are of the two options for purchasing (online vs. in country)
Emoticon: Smile Your answers are greatly appreciated! Emoticon: Smile
Michael

marthuis99
User
spacer line

i have booked many times online with airasia
works fine .you need a valid credit card
i prefere airasia because it is quite reliable
martin

lupuss
User
spacer line

Hi,

I have never used the internet to book tickets but most of the Indonesian companies have offices in the airport of Jakarta. If you just fly to Jakarta and book your tickets there, it may be possible that you have to wait some time if there is no seat free on the next flight. There are several flights a day from Jakarta to Yogya so it shouldn't be a problem if you arrive early. When in Yogya, I booked tickets for Bali at a local agency and that wasn't any problem at all. They made all the arrangements and service was very good. (Better than the official offices!).

If you want to go to places a bit less frequented by plain, always make shure the flight isn't canceled, the day before you leave. I met some people who got stranded like this for a few days in Labuanbajo (Flores).

Have a nice trip! Emoticon: Cooool

Raf

rhalff
User
spacer line

I can recommend airasia also, I've booked online last week (1 day in front) for a ticket from Jakarta to Den pasar.

I think the main advantage of booking a ticket online is that you can be confident you have a ticket for your next flight and you don't have to spend time on the airport trying to book a ticket.

You only need to bring the code, your passport and the creditcard you used for the purchase.

mikepots
User
spacer line

Thank you so much for sharing with me your experiences! All that was shared is helpful and I feel confident that I can make a decision without unknowns.
I'm excited about my trip! Emoticon: Smile

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,300,976 topic views - 223,707 posts - 13,516 topics - 16,722 members - last post @ 18-11-2017 17:34 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,267,707 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com