indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Pistebunny
User
spacer line

I am through and through Indonesian , married to a English bule. We have different religion but 28 years on the marriage is still going strong. Maybe because we both respect and tolerate each other believe ? Emoticon: Shiny Emoticon: Shiny

Winter lover : o )

spacer line  

On 29-10-2008 23:45 Pistebunny wrote:
I am through and through Indonesian , married to a English bule. We have different religion but 28 years on the marriage is still going strong. Maybe because we both respect and tolerate each other believe ? Emoticon: Shiny Emoticon: Shiny

Congratulations!! Just a question, is your marriage considered legal because you have different religion or did you have to pull some strings (pay someone)? I thought I read that somewhere that it is MUST that one converts to the partners religion.

spacer line  

On 24-10-2008 07:00 khristina0330 wrote:

Im thinking of moving there too for I am in love with an Indonesian man :-)

Am I??? I think I'm starting to wake up Emoticon: Stupid

gaza1258
User
spacer line

I am a British citizen but i live in the USA and I am going to marry an Indonesian lady and move to Indonesia, it is a little difficult especially as I am an atheist and she a Muslim, it looks like I will have to convert to marry legally and a lot of legal papers are involved, if anyone out there has already done this and successfully Married and now live in Indonesia please let me know the easiest way to do it, I would hate to go all the way there and get married and to be told I have to go back to the states again.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Marry in Singapore, just around the corner.
Or pay some extra to the church or mosque headman and they will provide you with a marrige certificatie without any step in church or mosque.
This is the land of 1000 possibilities.....

monyet
User
User icon of monyet
spacer line

Khristina, Kopassus is involved in a lot of things, but that does not mean everyone working for Kopassus agrees with their actions. Many people in Indonesia don't do research online like we do, so I assume for most people Kopassus is hardly anything more than a company that pays their salary.

As for migrating, it is on our wish list. I am actively searching for opportunities in Indonesia, but it is not easy to find a good expat position by yourself. Local contracts would be an option but then the salary will be much lower (not necessarily a problem though) and I'd have to move there first before I could find something. An employer will not give you a contract before you've moved there - makes sense to me. So now I am trying to push for something through my current employer, who also has a big office in JKT, but it might be a multi-year wait...

From Dayeuhkolot with love

nicenoise
User
spacer line

I'm gonna marry soon in Bandung with a muslim girl. It's no problem if you know the right people, Khristina. And its all official with the marriage book etc.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

52,104,970 topic views - 224,506 posts - 13,535 topics - 16,967 members - last post @ 14-12-2017 06:40 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

93,376,213 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com