indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sulawesi > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Dwight
User
spacer line

Does anyone have any recent experience with hikes in Bogani Nani Wartabone National Park and accommodation around Kosinggolan.
Any recent info on Pulau Togean, Pulau Tomken and Pulau Bolilangga is more than welcome.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,
I have not been to these places, but I spend a lot of time helping travellers with other places in Indonesia.
I just did a special search on Google and found this post on Lonely Planet Thorn Tree www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree(...)a?messageID=11954441
Check out the post because there is another link inside that might be useful.
If I was you I would also post your same request over on Thorn Tree.
You may get some interesting responses.
Here is a little more information on Sulawesi andytour.wordpress.com/?s=Boga(...)k&searchbutton=Go%21
Pamela.

pPamela
User
spacer line

and another link to travellers' blogs on Sulawesi that may be helpful.
www.travelblog.org/Asia/Indone(...)si/blogs-page-1.html
and a little information on Pulau Bolilangga.
www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree(...)a?messageID=13894817
Suggest once you check out Thorn Tree, join and maybe send a Private Message to some of the posters like Tongseng - seems he last posted on the forum on Sept 10th, but probably reads the forum more frequently than that.
Wishing you all the best in your search for information.
Pamela.

Dwight
User
spacer line

Hi Pamela,

I have been searching Thorn Tree the last couple of days and found pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks for your suggestions.
I see you visited Sumatra. I did in nov.'03. Bukit Lawang still looks pretty deserted!?
I knew a guy there named Bahagia (means good luck), I wonder if he escaped the flood....

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Dwight,
Yes, I have visited Sumatra on many occasions- first trip was to West Sumatra in Jluy 1997, then 2000 back to West Sumatra and then up to North Sumatra and one day in Bukit Lawang.
So far I have been to Indonesia eight times and been nto Sumatra 7 times.
Went back to Bukit Lawang in Jan/Feb 2005, stayed for 19 days, went on a trek by myself and paid for two people because I wanted to trek and photograph it and then write about it on the travel forums in the hope Bukit Lawang would get back on its feet one day.
And I am happy to say it is definitely back on its feet- will never be as big as before, but it is better I think than before.
All accomodation is stretched out along the path beside the river and walking up that path way makes for great exercise.
Jungle Inn is still at the end of the pathway-the other accomodation that used to be past there was lost in the flood.
Lots of renovations at J.I and they have built a huge floor on top of the Honey Moon Suite which has the most commanding views of the jungle.
Next door to Jungle Inn is Sam's Bungalow's- lovely rooms- 3 in total- price about
80,000 up to 150,000+ Sam a former worker at Jungle Inn has donw his own interpretation with the rooms and they are truly beautiful.
Across from Sam's BUngalow's is his restaurant serving great appetising food.
Next door to Sam's is Jungle Tribe- a cocktail bar and restaurant owned by Erika from Canada and her husband Agun. Great cocktails, food and lovely mood music and views across the river and to the jungle.

Further down is Garden Inn- great place to stay- loads of accomodation and they even have their own separate house for rent.
Pardil the manager is a lovely friendly guy and he also has a restaurant for travellers- haven't eaten there but love his fresh fruit juices.
Just across the raod and bit further down is Indah vally Inn- they were renvoating whilst I was there. They have a vegetarian restaurant I want to try next visit.

The next building along is a massive transformation of the old Queen's building- previously a rather dark building.
Andrea Molyneaux and her husband Mrba have completely transformed this place into an incredibly wonderful open air place with pool table and cold beer.
Accomodation is planned for the future and possibly a restaurant.

Down the road to the right is a brand new buidling built by Nora's mother and it is called Rain Forest. Huge two storey building quite close to the river with accomodation up the top and restaurant underneath. cannot be missed asiot has the biggest concrete pillars painted in bright green.
Fantastic food can be eaten here cooked by Nora and her team.
Being so close to the river affords Nora the opportunity to take travellers swimming whenever she has some spare time- though that is rare these days with BL being so busy.
And further along the way are other small palces offering accomodation and food as well.
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,
Not sure about the guy Bahagia, what did he do? Was he attached to a guest house?
I could check with Nora for you.
Pamela

Dwight
User
spacer line

Hi,

Bahagia was not attached to a guest house, he worked for himself. He lived in a row of small attached cottages on the jungle side of Bohorok river. He had a girlfriend in Jakarta, I think she studied medicine.
It's good to know that Bukit Lawang is back in business.
I rarely visit the same place twice, but since Aceh was closed of during my last visit, I might be heading back for Sumatra some day.

joyce
User
spacer line

Hi dwigt,
We were at Island Retreat at the Togean Islands and it was MARVELLOUS Emoticon: Shiny
Here is the link of Island retreat http://www.togian-island-retreat.com/beach.htm
Greetings Joyce

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

61,608,426 topic views - 228,142 posts - 13,630 topics - 19,450 members - last post @ 21-09-2018 11:01 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

105,670,595 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com