indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sumatera > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

r_choc
User
spacer line

Do anyone know any cheap guesthouse in Bukit Tinggi besides Padang as my another posting? I will spend about a week there in Bkt Tinggi. I hope they have special rates for long stay for more than a week. Besides, does anyone know what is the most economical way of transportation from Padang to Bukit Tinggi? If not the most economical way, what are the available transportation to Bukit Tinggi from Padang?

Tuti & Jan
User
User icon of Tuti & Jan
spacer line

Please look at: http://www.maninjau.nl/index.php?page=1&lang=en
There you wil find many information, the site is not realy up to date but that's no problem I think.
Salam
Tuti and Jan

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

Hotels I know personally in BT are Gallery Hotel and Asia Hotel

On Jalan Jen. Ahmad Yani are also many budget hotels. Bukittinggi is not so big so you can compare easily.

From Padang to BT you can travel by bus but the busstation is far from the towncenter.
You best can take an oplet to Minang Plaza a shoppingcenter at the northern end of Padang, so already the right direction. You just can flag down a bus to BT or you can take a travel. A travel is a kind of shared minibus and leaves when full. Itīs a bit more expensive than a normal bus but you will be dropped at your hotel in BT and you donīt need to deal with the busstation and take an oplet or taxi again .
Price in May 2008 Rp 50.000, but this was before they raised oilprices so expect to pay Rp 60.000 to Rp 70.000.

Anne Mieke

Info about Flores? FLORES SURGA KITA - http://www.travel2flores.info

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,

A nice but inexpensive guesthouse is D'Enam about a 5 minute walk away from the centre of town and it is very very quiet- away from the mosque sounds.
I stayed there in Sept 2006 for about 6 days. Price then, was about 35,000 so probably about 50,000 now. I can find out for sure from my friend Hendri in Bukittinggi who lives there and who takes travellers on treks in the area.

Travel between Padang and Bukittinggi is either the big buses- ANS are air con and very comfortable and you can get them in the town centre- do not have to go to the bus station.
You will need to ask around for the ANS buses to Bukittinggi or the travel option as mentioned by Anne.
Pamela.

spacer line  

On 08-08-2008 11:52 r_choc wrote:
Do anyone know any cheap guesthouse in Bukit Tinggi besides Padang as my another posting? I will spend about a week there in Bkt Tinggi. I hope they have special rates for long stay for more than a week. Besides, does anyone know what is the most economical way of transportation from Padang to Bukit Tinggi? If not the most economical way, what are the available transportation to Bukit Tinggi from Padang?

I suggest to Bukittinggi Guest House

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,396,832 topic views - 223,896 posts - 13,518 topics - 16,740 members - last post @ 22-11-2017 19:05 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,435,477 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com