indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sumatera > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

r_choc
User
spacer line

Hi, I am planning for a trip to Medan mid of August. Hoping to meet up with my friends in Medan before I start my new job back in Malaysia. Can anyone recommend any clean guestroom/hotel in Medan without burning a hole in my pocket? I do not need any fancy hotel facilities. Just need a twin sharing room with attached bathroom and a/c. If the guesthouse/hotel is far from the airport, is the airport transport will cost alot for those guesthouse/hotel?

Besides, what is nice in Medan? Foods? Outdoor activies?

Thank You.

spacer line  

hai there, I wonder what tipe of hotel u might prefer to stay ??
2 star ?? some close enough to mall and some are a little bit right in the centre of Medan and no public bus at all.
Wonder what city u com from in M'sia, cos i didi know and travelling too to some of M'sia city for the last 2 years. Indeed I can compare the type of hotels here
Penang??

Thanks.
www.webshots.com/user/phantom_toba

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

The Ibunda Hotel on Jl. Sisingamangaraja is ok and clean (not far from Masjid Raya)
Here is a link with many Medan hotels, however I am not sure if the prices are updated recently as I paid this price 2 years ago. There are many other hotels on this street but many of them rather scruffy.
Another good option is Wai Yat hotel on Jl. Asia which was less expensive. Prices for hotelrooms seem to rise a couple of times a year but you can still get a clean room with aircon under Rp 200.000

http://www.medanhotels.net/ibunda_hotel.htm

None of the cityhotels in Medan are far from the airport as the airport is almost in the middle of the city. You can buy a taxicoupon at the aiport or find yourself a metered taxi (not always easy!)

Anne Mieke

Info about Flores? FLORES SURGA KITA - http://www.travel2flores.info

anjohoma
User
spacer line

Around two years ago, I stayed in a guesthouse in Jalan Armada in Medan. Around 20 minutes from Polonia Airport. But they only rent rooms for a month or more. At the time the rate around 150 euro a month. Including laundry service and room cleaning. Quite big rooms. All with small bathroom and some with kitchen. I can search the contact number when interested. Anjohoma at yahoo.

r_choc
User
spacer line

Hi Bosenk, I am from PJ, Selangor.
Any star(s) is fine with me as long it is a twin sharing room with attached bathroom and a/c.

Thks Anne & anjohoma for the very useful information. I will be travel to PADANG as well. Any budgeted guesthouse there that u know of? I will be very greatful for any information on that too.

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

A good budget option in Padang is Hotel Benyamin at the end of an alley off Jalan Bgd. Aziz Chan 19 (to the north on the left side; at the corner there is a white hotel Femina) It's behind the market. Good value for money and most of the time occupied by local travelers. Expect to pay around Rp 150.000.
Further north on the same (main) street and also on the leftside there are a few other wisma's.
Also ok is Emmanuel Hotel but this location is not as central as Hotel Benyamin (and more expensive)

Anne Mieke

r_choc
User
spacer line

Thks Anne for your prompt reply and info. The price of Rp 150,000 is for twin sharing with attached bathroom and a/c? Any contact no. for Hotel Benyamin?

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

On 08-08-2008 11:48 r_choc wrote:
.........The price of Rp 150,000 is for twin sharing with attached bathroom and a/c? Any contact no. for Hotel Benyamin?

Prices are for 2 people witch bathroom and aircon. Generally there is not much difference for 1 or 2 persons, most of the time no difference at all.
Tel nr is + 62 751 22324

Anne Mieke

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,445,783 topic views - 223,951 posts - 13,528 topics - 16,747 members - last post @ 24-11-2017 11:53 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,507,408 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com