indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sumatera > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

matthew
User
spacer line

I will be coming to Medan, Bukit Lawang, etc., next month, and bringing a laptop and internet phone to use as a modem. I am wondering about the options for mobile internet (GPRS, 3G, HSDPA, etc.). Can anyone tell me, how fast it is, and the cheapest cost for a temporary stay (only 2-3 weeks). Of course I can just try to use my English sim card, b ut I think it will be cheaper to get an Indonesian one.

Also, is the internet accessible in places like Bukit Lawang?

matthew
User
spacer line

btw, my cost is 7.50/MB for roaming using my English phone.

matthew
User
spacer line

It seems like the only 3G Network is, unsurprsingly 3: they have coverage in Java, Sumatra, Bali and Lombok:

http://www.three.co.id/3coverage/

Price is http://www.three.co.id/pretariff/
10 rp /kb, i.e. 10,000 rp/mb + tax = 0.61/mb But they onyl mention GPRS, not 3G I think it will work out very expensive for using on a laptop......

Medan seems to be there. Anyone know if it will work in Bukit Lawang?

spacer line  

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

matthew, 10 rp/kb is way too expensive
I use IM3, they charge just 1rp/kb
the speed is not fantastic though, but it's ok for emails and such
when you connect to a laptop, make sure you turn off all the automatic updates, or a lot of kb/mb will be going through, unseen

spacer line  

Axis: for the first 10 MB: 0,1rp/kb, after that 1 rp/kb, but to bad not in the region you want to go yet, keep checking the sites I gave you, maybe they will expand fast.

Greetz

matthew
User
spacer line

On 27-06-2008 05:16 belgianguy wrote:
matthew, 10 rp/kb is way too expensive
I use IM3, they charge just 1rp/kb
the speed is not fantastic though, but its ok for emails and such
when you connect to a laptop, make sure you turn off all the automatic updates, or a lot of kb/mb will be going through, unseen

Is that no pay-as-you-go? No contract?

spacer line  

On 27-06-2008 16:59 matthew wrote:

Is that no pay-as-you-go? No contract?

Can buy on the street, get sim, register, udah.

Greetz

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

49,995,258 topic views - 222,234 posts - 13,491 topics - 16,270 members - last post @ 24-09-2017 15:10 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

90,103,121 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com