indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > A visum to Indonesia.... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

TimoG
User
spacer line

I arrive at Soekarna Hatta airport July 3 and leave at September 1. How many days are that for a visa, 60 or 61? If it is 61 days, what can I do? I was thinking, I arrive at 21.00, is it possible to wait until midnight before I go through customs and get my stamps?

Timo

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Never get to 60 is the best advice, but 61 is one too much for sure and will cost you 20 USD in overstay (to be paid cash to the person that helps you, he or she will then 'process' your fine.)

Waiting for three hours in between the luggage belts and customs is an option, but I don't think you can just sit there waiting for the immigration to change the dates on their stamps, which is probably around 6 in the morning, since the airport is officially closed during the late evening and early morning hours; i.e. no flights, no customs, no other services as well, is my best guess.

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

you got it all wrong yerun, the airport doesn't close...there are flights leaving and arriving even between midnight and early morning (you can check schedules on www.flightstats.com)...and what about delayed flights, that come in after midnight? of course immigration and customs are open all night! moreover, the immigration officers change their stamps at 12 midnight...that's only logical (they use the same calender as we do...)
last time my qantas flight came in at 12.05 am, i.e. just afer midnight, I got my pasport stamped 30 minutes later, with the new date on it...

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

but to answer TimoG's question, your total days would be 61 since the day of arrival and the day of departure are counted in the total...so yes, you should try to hang around a bit in transit before you hit immigration...just mingle with the passengers of a later flight, so it won't be too obvious...this will save you 20 bucks and some hassle...it's worth a try anyways! and let us know on this forum how it went...

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

It look likes a big problem to pay 20 dollars.
The immigration officials can (also) read yr incoming flightnr.

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

belgianguy, of course they will receive delayed flights, it's not that bad Emoticon: Wink With closed I did not only refer to the 'airport', but more the related services.But with those hand full of flights at night, it is virtually closed down. Waiting there is no fun with all shops and services closed as well, think about that as well of course.

20 bucks is worth not waiting all that time if you ask me, double it as well... but hey... at least you have a choice here.

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Even herein Jogja you can see delayed flight coming in between 21:00 and 06:00, but don't expect too much services from this international airport... maybe the one immigration officer might be sleeping or sholat subuh if you arrive somewhere in that timeframe Emoticon: Wink

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

61,583,373 topic views - 228,121 posts - 13,630 topics - 19,445 members - last post @ 19-09-2018 22:52 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

105,622,022 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com