indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Bali, the island of the Gods > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

memes ubud
User
User icon of memes ubud
spacer line

like amed bali already said, you must keep business strictly business ,
so if you travel here in bali, don't feel your self embarrassed to bargain.
and when you pay your Balinese "friend" driver guide or something.
keep private separated with the deal you make.

the way a lot of balinese do their business is totally different with the way we do.
we mostly do longterm business but the do the opposite.
they do that among friends family everybody.
we call it cheating, for them its good business.
different way of thinking.
but for the long therm????......
anyway, tourism, here is still young about 35 years soo...

I'am still learning even though i' am already for a long time around bali.

gr, piet Meme's rest. ubud

meme's rest. & bar Ubud. facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profil(...)p?id=100001514918513

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

So you say cheating is okay? In that case I would love to do business with you, but don't complain about me cheating then. I can not imagine why something called cheating in 'my' eyes, becomes good business in other people's eyes. This vision even got stronger after almost 5 years in Indonesia now... so I don't understand what you are seeing outside the short-minded view of the average Indonesian.

memes ubud
User
User icon of memes ubud
spacer line

yerun,

Sorry I don't really know what you mean.
I don't say cheating is ok, its a different way of thinking.
that 's a different culture, and you have to understand that, otherwise people will be disappointed like the founder of this topic.

i'am sorry that i didn't make myself clear.

gr

piet

meme's rest. & bar Ubud. facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profil(...)p?id=100001514918513

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

On 25-10-2010 06:09 memes ubud wrote: we call it cheating, for them its good business.
different way of thinking.
but for the long therm????......
anyway, tourism, here is still young about 35 years soo...
Tourism is already in Bali from 1930 (even before). So, it is just a rotten way of thinking which is incorporated in their culture and religion. You see the same in India where cheating is a way of live. Hinduism??? I'm happy Hinduism is already replaced in Java (only not much progression with the most ridiculous religion after Hinduism and Catholicism).

I'am still learning even though i' am already for a long time around bali.
It costs me only half a year to find out that this island wasn't the place I like to stay, due to this socalled
different way of thinking
which is according to me an immoral behavior, nothing to do with culture or other way of thinking. Mencuri tetap mencuri, menipu tetap menipu .

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,819,210 topic views - 234,883 posts - 13,695 topics - 25,598 members - last post @ 13-11-2019 06:24 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,582,368 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com