indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Bali, the island of the Gods > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Vinie
User
User icon of Vinie
spacer line

How much % do you get on a saving acount in Bali/indonesia and how much tax do you have to pay on it?
I ask myself wich asian country has the highest % to give.

If you want you may answer in Dutch or Enlish

at2ndsight
User
spacer line

Vinnie,

Depends on the bank, which bank do you want to save your money.

In Foreign bank i.e: Citibank about min. 25.000.000 IDR (if I am not wrong) but for some local bank about : 100.000 IDR, for BCA : min. 500.000. For tax, each bank have different regulations, but.. if you want to Deposit (Time Deposit) your money, they have to follow BI (Bank Indonesia) rate.

Best,

~wayfarer~

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

the worst thing you can do is to save money in an indonesian bank
interest rates are too low right now, they don't even compensate for inflation
for instance a savings account with bank mandiri pays between 0 and 4 % only, depending on the amount
SUKU BUNGA TABUNGAN RUPIAH
Tanggal berlaku : 17 April 2008 s/d 31 August 2008
Suku Bunga
< 1 Juta 0 %
>= 1 Juta - < 5 Juta 2 %
>= 5 Juta - < 50 Juta 2.5 %
>= 50 Juta - < 100 Juta 2.75 %
>= 100 Juta - < 500 Juta 3 %
>= 500 Juta - < 1 M 3 %
>= 1 M 4 %
fixed deposits are slightly higher, in the 5% range
there is a 20% tax deduction too!
and what with the exchange risk (the rupiah is not exactly the most stable currency around!)

monyet
User
User icon of monyet
spacer line

Vinie, if I may ask, what is the reason for your desire to store savings on an Asian bank account? The interest you get is usually merely a compensation for inflation. I would strongly suggest keeping your money on a Euro-based savings account (currently upto 4.8% interest at some Dutch banks).

From Dayeuhkolot with love

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

On 09-05-2008 13:42 monyet wrote:
Vinie, if I may ask, what is the reason for your desire to store savings on an Asian bank account? The interest you get is usually merely a compensation for inflation. I would strongly suggest keeping your money on a Euro-based savings account (currently upto 4.8% interest at some Dutch banks).
Most likely the high figure looks attractive, but when reading other information about how banks work (not only in Indonesia) the topic starter will get disappointed.

Foreigners without at least a temporary stay permit can not open new bank accounts as well in Indonesia (and Malaysia and Singapore and for sure many other countries as well).

Vinie
User
User icon of Vinie
spacer line

I think you have the same 'big' banks like in europe, ING, Deutsche Bank, etc...
Maybe not in bali but in the bigger cities of indonesia.

In my country, if you have for example for 25000euro on a simple saving acount (depening from bank to bank) they give only 2,5 - 4%. It is tax free under the 1660euro intrest, above you have to pay 15% tax.

I 'thouhg 'you can open a bank acount of a european bank in indonesia(get higher intrest than europe!) money on the acount is in euro's. But the intrest they may give in rp. This would be spend in bali for example.

So i thought, the money is stil save in a big european bank in indonesia and in euro's.
Get more intrest% than in europe and maybe Less (or non) than 15%tax if higher than 1660intrest anualy.
And the money is used to live in indonesia.

Thanks for replying

Vinie
User
User icon of Vinie
spacer line

Jakkarta ING -> http://www.ingwholesalebanking.com/

Deutsche Bank -> http://www.db.com/indonesia/
Deutsche Bank AG
Surabaya Branch
Wisma Dharmala, 7th Floor, Suite 6
Jalan Panglima Sudirman 101-103
Surabaya 60271

etc....

ps; i know it is better to ask the bank Emoticon: Wink when i was staying in bali i met some guys who did simply every 2-3 months a transaction from europe to an indonesian bank. So they could pay rent, food, car....maybe that is the best and simple way.

Thanks for replying

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

The big banks from Europe and the US are simply Indonesian banks. And the same rules do count for these banks as for common Indonesian banks. So, u need at least a staypermit (KITAS) to open a bankaccount.
For the rest, read the replies. U react stubborn without listening to the advice they gave.
No. 1: u're loosing money when u put u're money on an Indonesian bank. If u get it of the account premature, u will be fined more then the interest they have to pay to u.
No. 2: u're loosing money when u put it in foreign currency and u are forced to withdraw it in Rupiah.
No. 3: service towards a customer is a word unknown in the Indonesian banking world.
No. 4: Euro-accounts are hard to get (dollar accounts no problem) and with a very low interest rate.
Why u think that those Indonesians who do have the possibility want to put their money on a bank outside Indonesia??

Vinie
User
User icon of Vinie
spacer line

For the rest................ thanks Yogya-Bali Emoticon: Shiny

N1 In european countries you have 'illegal people' who can open an acount! So i thought that a foreigner could also open one even if it's costing something

N2 In Romania for example you can open an acount and get very high rates, the intrests that you get is in romanian LEI. They do this to stimulate the econemy. Governement get money and the monney(intrest) they give is back spend into the country.

greetzzz Emoticon: Shiny

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Well, this is Indonesia, where people and the government are thinking in a way which is 180 degrees the opposite of any other people or country in the world.
The government is not concerned about getting money; only the government officials themselves for their own behalf and private interest (and then still in a short term).

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

On 09-05-2008 12:10 at2ndsight wrote:
Vinnie,

Depends on the bank, which bank do you want to save your money.

In Foreign bank i.e: Citibank about min. 25.000.000 IDR (if I am not wrong) but for some local bank about : 100.000 IDR, for BCA : min. 500.000. For tax, each bank have different regulations, but.. if you want to Deposit (Time Deposit) your money, they have to follow BI (Bank Indonesia) rate.

Best,

ABN/Amro 5000Usd

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

at2ndsight
User
spacer line

On 13-05-2008 06:02 Albert wrote:

ABN/Amro 5000Usd

Ja,ja... ABN/AMRO is next of my office building Emoticon: Very funny . Do you want me to check ? Emoticon: Nice

~wayfarer~

zwang018
User
spacer line

hello can anyone tell me the bca and ibn code for the bca bank in jakarta?

many thanks

must pay my sick sister

Vinie
User
User icon of Vinie
spacer line

email: halobcaRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.bca.co.id

Halo BCA Jakarta
(021) 52-999-888

http://www.klikbca.com/individ(...)/silver/default.html

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

52,104,970 topic views - 224,506 posts - 13,535 topics - 16,967 members - last post @ 14-12-2017 06:40 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

93,376,250 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com