indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

NKP-2005
User
User icon of NKP-2005
spacer line

I had some more encounters with Indonesian women who thought to mention that education-thing. Nothing worth to write home about, but it may have been that they had some more education than the average kampong-girl.

Why bragging about that, you want to know? Because Indonesians think their fellow country-women are plain stupid! And they may be right, but think they themselves don't fit that category!

Of course education is very important in a country as RI, but bragging about it and implying others are just stupid is a result of a national status-symbol, of people feeling being better than others. That's why Indonesians don't get along too good with eachother at all. Especially women! Jealousy and trying to be better than others may give you better opportunities in life. Simple thinking.

Men think about the same, but not about education. They think in terms of control. That results sometimes in big quarrels and for me this is the main reason there is so much fighting going on in Indonesia. Sure, there are big differences between the peoples from the many islands, and religian aspects are often usen to disguise the real reasons, who where quite independent years ago, that is fueling up the anger between Indonesians, but it all has to do with control and power, which is equal to money to them.

As long as there is some control from the top it is perfectly alright, but once the shit hits the fan that control will be lost, resulting in many fights for whatever reason people may think of.

papaya
User
User icon of papaya
spacer line

I think many bule's spouses get very frustrated about the fact that they are being 'discriminated' all the time and they are sad about all the difficulties their husbands experience in Indonesia.
After a few years (or sooner) she can be very stressed and look ‘rude’ sometimes. I believe the main reason is that the Indonesian government doesn’t allow mixed marriages to live a ‘normal life’ in Indonesia.

Happiness is not a destination, it's a Way of Living

spacer line  

sigh! why is this still happening?

sabar2
User
User icon of sabar2
spacer line

Cut the crap.
Just imagine you was married and find on your computer an email (with picture) from another woman.
Would you invite her to come join or would you give her a nice reaction.
I am more thinking about what will happen to her hubby,
Tchop Dickie can be a severe punishment if he is doing this more often.

All of this has nothing to do with culture.

Welcome to Indonesia Take it as it is or leave it if you don't like it

spacer line  

she is probably was born to have a temperament characteristics

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

On 14-06-2011 02:03 sabar2 wrote:
Cut the crap.
Just imagine you was married and find on your computer an email (with picture) from another woman.
Would you invite her to come join or would you give her a nice reaction.
I am more thinking about what will happen to her hubby,
Tchop Dickie can be a severe punishment if he is doing this more often.

All of this has nothing to do with culture.
What's wrong about pictures of women (in email or not) on my computer? I have a job in which I have contacts.. I use Skype and Yahoo Messenger and have conversations with women as well.. I don't see anything that I can possibly do wrong here, even asking them about their personal life is normal here, so I 'have' to do that, although it's not really my thing.

Example: Just two weeks ago I even met one of those contacts in person while there was not real reason for it. I just happened to be in Malang for a few days so I SMS-ed her for a chat.. Now I have a better understanding about her personal situation, but business continues as before.

It's just the way people (men and women) interpret certain things completely wrong, there is where most problems start. I make it very clear that it is work related. My email is not locked nor will anyone in the house take a look at it as well. I think it's trust you call a thing like that. I know it's missing in most Indonesians, but hey.. that's their problem, and they should not make it my problem as well more than necessary.

Alia99
User
spacer line

It is just because there is distrust from the wife to her husband because of lack of understanding and communication between them. As we commonly know that there are many differences aspects on mix marriage that need to be paid attention by the couple, like as life style, customs and traditions, thinking pattern, social and family values, etc. And the couple have to communicate about those matters to prevent such misunderstanding and over suspiciousness to his wife or her husband who come from different culture.

ayoksus
User
User icon of ayoksus
spacer line

On 30-04-2008 07:09 at2ndsight wrote:
or cos perhaps the rude is low educated?

Hehehe.. this is sooo true..

Linda123
User
spacer line

Its not about the educations i think , its about the culture differences, i have a Ned bf and he has so many Girl friends and they often went out party together. i was ever had a bad thought before, but for now i can more understanding about their culture, parties is the one of their cultures Emoticon: Smile oh yeah ... we have a nice relationship with his ex wife also ( original Ned woman ) sometime we visited her house ( his daughter living with his ex wife) for cooking together ... its feel so nice to me and i enjoy it Emoticon: Party!

Hitami
User
spacer line

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

47,046,449 topic views - 220,753 posts - 13,436 topics - 15,743 members - last post @ 29-05-2017 14:42 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

85,675,085 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com