indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Tickets, airlines and transport > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Of course add taxes and things like that, but it will still be pretty cheap if you ask me!

airasia.com

Bee-Putih
User
User icon of Bee-Putih
spacer line

Lion Air was not too bad eighter. Esp when you are fliying to eg Ambon

monyet
User
User icon of monyet
spacer line

LionAir?? We flew LionAir once never again. I'd rather die the usual way. Never had a landing that bad in my life. No wonder they have so many accidents... Air Asia is much safer. Garuda and Merpati are not too bad either, the rest is a no-go for us.

From Dayeuhkolot with love

Bee-Putih
User
User icon of Bee-Putih
spacer line

We had no problems with Lion (only a delay once from 3 hours). I think we have had 5 flights with them. You know, actually all those low cost airlines are on the black list in Europe, so we expected the worse. You can't compare them to the big quality airlines. We did fly with Wings Air once... that was a living hell by the way!
Our problem was we were going to Maluku first, so you don't really have a choice then. We had to go with Lion Air!

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

On 07-05-2008 22:39 Bee-Putih wrote:
We had no problems with Lion (only a delay once from 3 hours). I think we have had 5 flights with them. You know, actually all those low cost airlines are on the black list in Europe, so we expected the worse. You cant compare them to the big quality airlines. We did fly with Wings Air once... that was a living hell by the way!
Our problem was we were going to Maluku first, so you dont really have a choice then. We had to go with Lion Air!

Try to fly Lions Air's new 737-900ER to Manado or Ambon, which are quite new (1-2 years old). Although some already show their "rough handlings" (don't tell the Boeing engineers) they are still much better than those old 737-200 cigar-planes

Gracias. Sama sama

bartje64
User
spacer line

We flew Sriwijaya Air from Jakarta to Belitung Island and back in June, it was th eonly option. Boeing 737-200 I guess it was, not the latest model but still OK. Flight was good, landing good. Nice and friendly staff aboard. For a "forbidden" carrier in Europe it was not bad at all !

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

On 06-08-2008 19:24 bartje64 wrote:
We flew Sriwijaya Air from Jakarta to Belitung Island and back in June, it was th eonly option. Boeing 737-200 I guess it was, not the latest model but still OK. Flight was good, landing good. Nice and friendly staff aboard. For a "forbidden" carrier in Europe it was not bad at all !

Yeah, they will usualy get you where you need to go, if not you will end up serving as an artificial deep-sea attraction off the coast of Sulawesi for example.

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

They have a new promotion Emoticon: Puh!

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Too bad you have to know now that you will travel in 8 - 11 months from now.. Unfortunately I don't know that. Emoticon:

erwin
User
User icon of erwin
spacer line

Tried AirAsia Indonesia last month: never again!
A 4 hour delay to start with. Now I know why they are now more often called AirDelay.
They are cheap, and if you don't mind to spend half a day in places like Soekarno-Hatta, they're ok.

Het is beter spijt te hebben van iets dat je gedaan hebt, dan spijt te hebben om iets dat je niet gedaan hebt

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

For the delays there is an insurance nowadays. I never had a delay with AirAsia until now. Used them soms 10 times.

erwin
User
User icon of erwin
spacer line

If you've got that insurance they pay you if the delay is at least 6 hours Emoticon: Nooo
Did you fly with Airasia Indonesia for domestic flights, or the international Airasia for international flights?

Het is beter spijt te hebben van iets dat je gedaan hebt, dan spijt te hebben om iets dat je niet gedaan hebt

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

the flights were international ones.. on national routes everything waits (is forced to) for Garuda Indonesia... Emoticon: Laugh out loud But soon I will fly domestic as well, just to give it a try...

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

how people base their judgment of an airline on a single flight...then say 'never again'...
for the record, any airline, even the best and most expensive one, can experience delays (sometimes for reasons the airline has no control over)
I have flown a lot with airasia, and by far and large it's an ok airline, with a modern fleet and a good attitude
but some people don't seem to understand the low-cost concept of airasia (and the associated rules and risks)
by the way erwin, their website says you get compensation for delay after 3 hours (not 6 like you mention), in the form of an e-voucher of 55 USD
so far I never had to claim the compensation, cause the few delays I had were never that long
their on-time performance is 85% so that's a good average I reckon
I'm on stand-by tomorrow for a bunch of free tickets, that's for sure

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Yeah, most people don't know the risks. I know them, but 6 months ago I arrived at the airport too late (Yogyakarta airport, just 15 minutes from my home). Counter was closed, staff still there.. I already knew I was late, so I should buy a new ticket. They let me check-in anyway.. I don't expect that service and wouldn't have gotten it somewhere else when flying with AirAsia I assume.

bedoel
User
spacer line

i've been using air asia several times, more than 5x less than 10x.
flew with their new airbus from kuala lumpur to medan rt and penang - medan rt.
domestic flights they use older ones (boeing i suppose).
so far so good. never delayed nor any problem.
but it'll be better if they changed all fleets to new ones Emoticon: Worship

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Trip from Yogyakarta to KL without any delays, departed 5 minutes after schedule and arrived 20 minutes ahead of scheduld. Must be a good tail wind or something. Emoticon: Shiny

Jeanette
User
spacer line

Never had any trouble withe Lion Air. Smooth landings too...

Vinie
User
User icon of Vinie
spacer line

99 London - Kuala lumpur !!
http://www.airasia.com/site/gb/en/home.jsp

Booking Period : Now - 30 Nov 2008
Travel Period : 11 Mar - 24 Oct 2009

En ik 800euro's betalen naar Bangkok
Emoticon: Frustrated nu ik heb een ticket voor 3maand en ik denk dat deze maar 1maand zijn.

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Owh, the topic was in English, let's keep it that way Emoticon: Smile

AirAsia doesn't sell return tickets, they only sell single trips/segments (which you will see as a return ticket most likely)

Vinie
User
User icon of Vinie
spacer line

Ik dacht het al tegen die prijzen.................
Vanaf waneer kan men bangkok Bali vliegen, zou ook lombok, flores, sulawesi zijn indien mogelijk.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,300,976 topic views - 223,695 posts - 13,516 topics - 16,717 members - last post @ 18-11-2017 10:42 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,253,921 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com