indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

Government orders ISP's to block several websites
The Indonesian government has ordered internet service providers (ISP's) in Indonesia to block several websites, including YouTube and MySpace, after an anti-Islamic film sparked protests. Main internet providers in Indonesia told that they had already acted on the request from the government to block websites that feature the short film. Redaction of indahnesia.com however could still access all websites at the moment of this news message.
Continue reading , click the title

bartje64
User
spacer line

Well.. not only YouTube and MySpace... also my wife's favourite Multiply (MultiVlaai for intimi...hehehe...) is blocked in some parts of Indonesia!!! According to her there are some moderate reactions on Fitna which the Indonesian government deemes "improper".. hence the block...
Where are we going???? Is the government completely losing his/her mind???? Are they letting themselves being ruled and overruled by some religious zealot fanatics??
I'll be reconsidering our plans to eventually relocate to Indonesia if the government keeps on goiong like this...

bart

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 08-04-2008 11:39 bartje64 wrote:
Ill be reconsidering our plans to eventually relocate to Indonesia if the government keeps on goiong like this...

bart

Tyaa Om Bart , another country another rules.
Btw , its yr free choise. Emoticon: Smile

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

bartje64
User
spacer line

Hehe.. yea.. Om Sid you are right.. but I really wonder how much effect this all will have on daily life in Indonesia .. as bule...

bart

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

On 08-04-2008 12:04 bartje64 wrote:
Hehe.. yea.. Om Sid you are right.. but I really wonder how much effect this all will have on daily life in Indonesia .. as bule...

bart
The government doesn't care about you, they want to prevent the youths from seeing bad things such as naked people.. Furthermore it won't affect me too much.. I have never used those sites too much. Emoticon: Yummie!

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

From the website IM2

Dear Value Customer,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide service and assistant. We are truly appreciating your confidence in using INDOSATM2 Services.

With regard to Indonesia Minister of Telecommunication and Information Letter to Indonesia Internet Service Provider Association (APJI) number: 84/M.KOMINFO/04/08, concerning Blocking Instruction Towards Sites and Blogs that relay Fitna Movie, we hereby would like to inform you that we are now disable access to sites and blogs that hosting the above content, as follows:

1. Youtube
2. MySpace
3. Multiply
4. Video Google
5. Liveleak
6. Rapidshare
7.Themoviefitna.com

For your convenient, we continue to find the right step to accurately limitate the access without reducing connection quality. Update blocking status towards the above sites and blogs, please visit our website www.indosatm2.com.

We're sorry for this inconvenience, and thank you for your kind attention and continuance support to INDOSATM2.

Best Regards,

Acting as Customer Service Manager

Takim Parulasbawa

spruiked
User
spacer line

Interesting move, blocking huge sites like Youtube and Google (even if only Gvideo). Surely there is a more reasonable way to deal with this. It's not that big a leap to blocking all access to the Internet...

Still, I'm a bit pissed off at Youtube for not taking down Fitna, especially after they bowed to Thailand and took down that film about the royal family.

bartje64
User
spacer line

On 08-04-2008 12:10 Yerun wrote:

The government doesnt care about you, they want to prevent the youths from seeing bad things such as naked people..

Well.. if they want to prevent youths seeing naked ppl.. why don't they ban all networking sites also such as friendster, hi5, facebook and many many more.. they're full of people (youths..) showing off their most intimate body parts.... seems this ban is only pointed at fitna (see also your provider's letter..)
anyway.. a total ban on either nudeness or fitna is impossible..

bart

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

It is indeed aimed at fitna this time, but it's a small step to the next 'undesired' thing of course.

bartje64
User
spacer line

On 08-04-2008 14:45 Yerun wrote:
It is indeed aimed at fitna this time, but its a small step to the next undesired thing of course.

Well.. read this passage in the providers letter:
"....concerning Blocking Instruction Towards Sites and Blogs that relay Fitna Movie, we hereby would like to inform you that we are now disable access to sites and blogs that hosting the above content, as follows:...."

Nemesis
User
User icon of Nemesis
spacer line

Basically I donít understand why they block sites that have the Fitna movie. Emoticon: Confused

I mean nearly all people in Indonesia donít like this movie and will not have a look at it. Maybe a few people just want to investigate and check how bad it really is. If the Indonesian government really thinks itís that bad, then they should encourage this, so everybody in Indonesia will know how bad it is.

Except for the reason above, the only plausible reason I can think of is that the Indonesian government knows that the movie is not as terrible and insulting as most people think in Indonesia, but want to make sure the people will remain convinced itís much worse than it really is. Emoticon: Sadley

Yes, maybe one more reason. Maybe the government is scared that people will open their eyes and realize what Islam sometimes is. Emoticon: Yes!

Amore, more, ore, re, probantur amicitiae. Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes.

Nemesis
User
User icon of Nemesis
spacer line

On 08-04-2008 14:15 bartje64 wrote:
a total ban on either nudeness or fitna is impossible..

Well only when you completely pull the pluck on the internet for all of Indonesia.

If you do not do this they'll always be able to get "undesired" content from e.g. the Gnutella network or Usenet. Emoticon: Yes!

Amore, more, ore, re, probantur amicitiae. Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes.

searching
User
spacer line

My favorite website: www.faithfreedom.org, cannot be accessed for several days from anywhere by me. Is it possible that the government also blocked ALL ANTI-ISLAM sites? It's a strange move and only shows that Islam is NOT mature enough to accept critics in ANY kind.
And can anyone suggest me on how to overcome the block? What are proxy servers recommended (free, hopefully)?
Thanks.

Find out the real face of Islam, read www. faithfreedom.org

searching
User
spacer line

"Tyaa Om Bart , another country another rules.
Btw , its yr free choise."

Ah good. So you agree the banning of hijab in Europe? you know, any country has their own rules.

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

On 11-04-2008 11:27 searching wrote:
My favorite website: www.faithfreedom.org, cannot be accessed for several days from anywhere by me. Is it possible that the government also blocked ALL ANTI-ISLAM sites? Its a strange move and only shows that Islam is NOT mature enough to accept critics in ANY kind.
And can anyone suggest me on how to overcome the block? What are proxy servers recommended (free, hopefully)?
Thanks.

seen from my pings, the website has problems on its own. When the other sites were blocked, only website traffic was blocked, I could still ping the websites (simplified: pinging is a test to see the response time of a website)

Nemesis
User
User icon of Nemesis
spacer line

Can't reach www.faithfreedom.org also. Site is probably down at this time.

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 11-04-2008 11:28 searching wrote:
"Tyaa Om Bart , another country another rules.
Btw , its yr free choise."

Ah good. So you agree the banning of hijab in Europe? you know, any country has their own rules.

of course .I dont wear it . Who cares Emoticon: Puh!

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

Nemesis
User
User icon of Nemesis
spacer line

Sidia likes this one:

Indoned
User
spacer line

The Truth is Bitter....

So stay Cool.....

www.indoned.com

Emoticon: Nooo

Ondernemend in Indonesie, http://www.indoned.com

searching
User
spacer line

thanks Yerun. It seems that the site had the problem by itself. It's ok now.

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

no worries, all the sites that they blocked can easily be accessed in other ways...within days (hours) of the decision to block, there were already plenty of internet forums and blogs explaining how to do it, like this one:
http://aguswiyono.blogspot.com/

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

77,027,794 topic views - 235,014 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,729 members - last post @ 18-11-2019 23:38 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,849,573 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com