indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

sebastian
User
spacer line

Never really explored Jakarta much, and went out the other night.

First up Block M....This place was just sad.....Old fat bule with girls all around, went to a few places there all the same....yuk.

Then it was into town...The Embassy?.....oh God...Im not a drug taker just enjoy a few beers this place was insane, pills everywhere, and an onsite brothel.

Another place millenium down the road wasn't much better and i couldnt see a thing and im only 30.

Earlyier in the night I went to Jalan Jaksa....its not my scene either, lots of back packers and bencongs but probabally the most sane.

So where would you go???, where there is few bule, not every girl wears a price tag, people enjoy a drink more than a pill, and you can actually talk to people above the music?

Im thinking a band, bar pool, but not a total slum ridden brothel, maybee with a little alternative feel even.

mluckham
User
spacer line

If you're into pub crawls and not the seamy side - used to be a hopping nightclub on Sudirman near Serinah? Is the Green Pub still there? And the ever-hopping Jaya Pub (both also off Sudirman)?

Tons more, frequented equally by locals and ex-pats ...

http://rezacore.wordpress.com/(...)pubs-and-clubs-guide
http://www.bycel.com/Indonesia(...)t_pubs_and_clubs.htm
http://www.expat.or.id/aida/ke(...)reetrestaurants.html

How about some exploring, take in the culture and the people? Take a bus tour, on a weekend, to Puncak Pass or Bogor Botanical Gardens. See if you can make your way to Pelabuhan Ratu (great beach, on south coast - it'll take you 6 hours or so to get there).

Also in Jakarta - Taman Mini Indonesia, Ancol, Jakarta Zoo ... it's a very interesting place to live! Jakarta, not the Zoo! Emoticon: Puh!

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Earlier this year I spend a night in the Kemang area. More upclass with places to have a drink and sit outside with a background music and not the noisy shit you normally get. Emoticon: Puh!

nasigoreng
User
spacer line

I also had similiar problems finding comfortable places to wind down on the weekend:.

My favorite was Eastern Promise in Kemang. There's a patio area in the back and on the weekends there are sometimes decent bands. While you're in town, try to see The Gugun Blues Band; they do great Jimi Hendrix/stevie Ray Vaughan covers.

Across the street from EP and down the road a bit are two other places: there's an Irish pub in the Grand Kemang Hotel with friendly waitresses wearing kilts. Next door is something called Coffe Bros (?) which has a smallish disco lounge and more upscale patrons. Only been there briefly... don't know a lot about it.

Star Deli is also in Kemang and Gugun used to play there every Thursday.

Another popular place is BUGIL's pub which is near Embassy. It's a small dutch style pub which has become something of an institution.

The hard rock cafe is in EX plaza. Never been though.

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Starbucks

Begin de details te vergeten

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Brothel , Bongkaran Complex Jakarta .

Verry Cheap , Goedkoop , Murah .

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

Indoned
User
spacer line

Hmm for hang out Place in Jakarta at night time i suggest
- JAYA Bar at Jaya Building area near sarinah area
In this bar u will not see prostitute or sissy, its live music and you will meet
there some celebrity Indonesia. Not expensive even though celebrity around.
- Amor coffee at kemang area
It's more to young people who love hang out.

Shopping Branded Clothes with Cheap and good quality:
- Premium Mall Ambasador 2nd Floor and Top Floor
it has 3 shops with the same concept. Interesting design and prices.

Have Fun... Ya.... www.indoned.com

Emoticon: Bye bye J

Ondernemend in Indonesie, http://www.indoned.com

spacer line  

Hello Sebastian,

Go to www.jakarta-events.com for nightlive information. Check out where are the happy hours. and ladies can check out the ladiesnight.

Its pretty complete

at2ndsight
User
spacer line

If I want to leisure after office hour, I go to Bugil's (Bule Gila) cos near my office...

~wayfarer~

spacer line  

If you know Jakarta well enough to go to Embassy, Millenium and Blok M, I'm sure you dont need any help finding a normal bar...

In case you need help, just check my webpage...

LuvID
User
spacer line

On 06-04-2008 03:59 mluckham wrote:

Also in Jakarta - Taman Mini Indonesia, Ancol, Jakarta Zoo ... it's a very interesting place to live!

Not exactly the places they're after. Emoticon: Laugh out loud

They want (cheap) beer, (cheap and easy) girls , (cheap) drugs .

Better to stay at home if that's what you look for. You have all these in your own country .
Why do you travel in Indonesia then ?

Don't tell others they have a problem, because it's obvious you have a problem too...
(NOT directed towards mluckham, but the beer-prostitutes-drugs seekers)

jannicka
User
spacer line

On 08-04-2008 19:02 nasigoreng wrote:
I also had similiar problems finding comfortable places to wind down on the weekend:.

My favorite was Eastern Promise in Kemang. There's a patio area in the back and on the weekends there are sometimes decent bands. While you're in town, try to see The Gugun Blues Band; they do great Jimi Hendrix/stevie Ray Vaughan covers.

Across the street from EP and down the road a bit are two other places: there's an Irish pub in the Grand Kemang Hotel with friendly waitresses wearing kilts. Next door is something called Coffe Bros (?) which has a smallish disco lounge and more upscale patrons. Only been there briefly... don't know a lot about it.

Star Deli is also in Kemang and Gugun used to play there every Thursday.

Another popular place is BUGIL's pub which is near Embassy. It's a small dutch style pub which has become something of an institution.

The hard rock cafe is in EX plaza. Never been though.

nasigoreng:
since januari ,gugun is in star deli during the weekends .grtz.jannicka

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,373,049 topic views - 223,798 posts - 13,517 topics - 16,730 members - last post @ 21-11-2017 00:03 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,366,462 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com