indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Other talk > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

triss
User
spacer line

Hi guys,

We had this arguement in on of our management class today about whether marijuana should be legalised in Australia.

Seeing that marijuana is legalised in Netherland, just wondering
how much tax does the goverment get from it??? is it a lot?

I also heard that the crime rates in Netherland regarding to drugs problem is lower than any other countries in Europe. Is it true?

and wat do u guys think bout it? seeing that Indonesia has alot of Ganja too especially in Aceh i guess?

triss

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Hmm.. it's quite a complicating story actually.. it's legal, but not allowed to be produced in big numbers, not owned for selling to others, but smoking is perfectly okay.

Yerun

HorasBatak
User
User icon of HorasBatak
spacer line

Actually Yerun it's NOT legal but the Dutch gouvernment tolerate it in the hope that small crime will stay minimized.
Tolerance is a peculiar Dutch disease, if the politics don't want to uphuld the Law they tolerate the offence.

Everybody is free to use it and to grow it for own purpose at home but a "coffeeshop" ( that is the place's where they sale Ganja) ionly allowed to have 30 grams in storage. And the supplier of the Ganja to the coffeeshop is an offender of the Law.

Sounds complicated? Not by us Dutch people.

By the way watch out with Ganja in Indonesia, even if you are within a group of people that smokes Ganja, you might get arrested. That's what happend with my brother in law.

Happy smoking Emoticon: I love it Emoticon: I love it Emoticon: I love it

Kepala botak tapi dengan otak

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Not complicated? To me it is.. maybe it's more foolish though.. and legality or illegality.. if someone allows it, I considder is legal, or at least semi-legal then.. hehe...

wowow22
User
spacer line

I find the Nederland's policy towards marijuana quite realistic. I wish my country and all other countries adoped a similar approach.

On the other hand, I find the matter about sex, which is quite unusually dealt with in the Netherlands, more dangerous than the marijuana issue. I saw myself at the red light district some families (maybe US families, from what I saw) wandering around with little kids, some of them looking curiously at the windows with all sort of sado, etc., stuff. I found that very inapropriate, even disgusting. I think there should be a law that prohibited young people to enter that area.

By the way, I was offered all sort of drugs in that area. Nowhere I saw that kind of thing, except in Casablanca (Morocco).

Nothing against the Netherlands. I find it a one-of-a-kind country.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 06-08-2004 00:01 wowow22 wrote:
On the other hand, I find the matter about sex, which is quite unusually dealt with in the Netherlands, more dangerous than the marijuana issue. I saw myself at the red light district some families (maybe US families, from what I saw) wandering around with little kids, some of them looking curiously at the windows with all sort of sado, etc., stuff. I found that very inapropriate, even disgusting. I think there should be a law that prohibited young people to enter that area.

I would say that their parents should where to go in the first place, and not put their responsilibility somewhere else. That's just so easy. The red light district is quite obvious when you enter it, and it's not forbidden to turn around if you notice you are wrong.

You are not only offered drugs in that area, I know for sure Emoticon: Puh! As long as you look like a tourist (photocamera, t-shirt with strange print, your language, ect ect.) you will most likely be approached when you are waiting somewhere.

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

Of course there's less criminality when you legalise. I still think it's stupid Holland not legalising other products like cocain,heroine etc.
I think the dutch goverment is scared for opinion from especially france, but also other European Union.
You know you kill lots of the crime. And drugs is everywhere...I was a heavy druguser before, cocaine,XTC and the other shit gives me energy and the flying feel hehe. I always thought when I should not live in Holland I would not try it so easy but since I saw more of the world now I see drugs is everywhere.
In Indonesia, even with the high penalty it's so easy to get for example XTC. I would not dare to take it but it's possible so easy. Crack cocaine,acid all things are available in clubs like stadium,embassy etc. And cheap, cheaper then Holland.
What I try to say: make it legal then the product is good (QC) and the crime is less...Why make it difficult?

Ow btw salam to all my friends here, sorry was away quite long...

Warmest regards,

TYN

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there're not after you...

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

I am already a older Dutch citizen. When I was young (say the seventies) you had still to do some effort to buy hasjish or marihuana. Mostly in dark alleys and so on. That gave a kick. I have to say these kind of softdrugs did nothing to me (i stick to alcohol). I always thaught it was a generation thing, and that the use of soft-drugs would pass as a fashion, like so many other things. Especially if it is not forbidden, what is the rebellious thing in it then? At least that is what I thought. To my amazement that did not happen. All recent researches show that the use of softdrugs in the Netherlands has risen considerably over the last decades. And the use of drugs starts already on a very early age (=younger then 16 years). That is not strange because you can buy softdrugs almost everywhere and in a very convienent way (without the hassle of the seventies). Only recently we know also that these softdrugs are not so harmless as was once told to us by all kinds of interest-groups. Speak with a person who lighted up some joints per day for 20 years, and you know what I mean.
So from a point of public health I would say; the tolerant attitude in the Netherlands doesn't bring that much. I know the mantra's of the Dutch government and all kind of institutions. What I personally see is a different thing. Gutwise, I am not happy with it, but I also see no other alternative.
Kleinsman is right. If you lift the ban on all kinds of things, the criminality around it will diminish. At least that is what we think. I would say the drugs-related criminality in the Netherlands is very high. Is it less high then in other countries with a more strict anti-attitude? I don't know. What I do know is; there is no solution. I am sure that at least in the next hundred years the production and use of drugs will not be legalised by the vast majority of countries. And that is also to the interest of many people making a profit from it.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

79,858,696 topic views - 236,818 posts - 13,712 topics - 28,671 members - last post @ 28-02-2020 18:59 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

130,315,779 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com