indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

Balinese looking to take more money from tourists
Efforts by Bali's provincial House of Representatives to impose a "donation" on tourists passing through Bali's Ngurah Rai Airport has been strongly rejected by Jakarta who saw the imposition of an additional financial burden on Bali's tourists as unacceptable.
Continue reading , click the title

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Just plain pickpockets is what they are. They are too stupid to even think about how you can attract the average tourist to the island and keep them happy. Let them enter cheap enough and they will spend more money while staying there, so tax revenues will rise in compensation for the cheap access.

That is of course only when not all people want to take a piece of the pie every single time. Corruption is being covered (up) by an 'official' regulation. It's a shame that they are even allowed to discuss this. :r

Ho Lee Fuk

Nemesis
User
User icon of Nemesis
spacer line

Yes, Thailand & Malaysia are quite a bit more clever. There the bill comes after you enter the country...

That Jakarta does not want Bali to ask for "donation" is not because they're scared the tourists will n ot come anymore. No, they don't want to make sure every cent comes into their own pocket.

Amore, more, ore, re, probantur amicitiae. Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes.

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Where in Malaysia does the bill come after you have entered? I was there recently, but it seems quite a normal tourist industry there. I didn't see anything that was very expensive that I was forced to buy or anything...

I don't mind paying for services, service costs money, but extorting it from arriving tourists must a really negative experience for sure.

Ho Lee Fuk

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,844,933 topic views - 240,511 posts - 13,736 topics - 34,023 members - last post @ 30-11-2020 09:25 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,553,471 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com