indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

Some 2.5 million abortions in Indonesia annually
Although banned by law as well as an Indonesian Council of Ulema (MUI) edict, some 2.5 million abortions will happen in Indonesia every year, an academician has said. "The figure does not yet include abortions effected with non-medical assistance or with the help of shaman," Antara news agency Sunday quoted Professor Dr Jurnalis Uddin of Jakarta-based YARSI University as saying at a seminar here.
Continue reading , click the title

Pearl2see
User
User icon of Pearl2see
spacer line

Mmmm, if there are 10 million pregnancies a year in Indonesia, with an life prognosis of 50 year this would mean there would be around 500 million Indonesians. Mmmm, do you really think around 25 % of all pregnancies would end in abortion? Really a professor?

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

How did you calculate this number? and where does the 10 million come from?

Ho Lee Fuk

Pearl2see
User
User icon of Pearl2see
spacer line

The numbers I used before are rough guesses. I didn't know any statistics about number of pregnancies so I took numbers that's easy to calculate with. In reality the number is a lot lower. There are around 200 million Indonesians. The birt rate is around 20 per 1000. That means each year there are born 4 million children. This makes the number of 2,5 million abortions even more unrealistic / unlikely. Here are some demographic numbers http://www.indexmundi.com/indo(...)esia/birth_rate.html

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

On 25-02-2008 13:20 Pearl2see wrote:
There are around 200 million Indonesians.

Sorry, it's 2008; there are about more then 250 million Indonesians.

I personally don't think that 25% ends up in an abortion; I'm convinced that it is probably much more. When I'm talking with doctors/gynaecologists here, already they admit that it is about more than a quarter. Now we are only talking about those who admit it. How about those who don't admit it?
It sounds much but in this land with it's promiscuous sexual behavior it is not a surprise. But don't worry, in Brasil it is even higher.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,807,818 topic views - 240,502 posts - 13,735 topics - 34,014 members - last post @ 28-11-2020 11:17 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,503,784 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com