indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Tickets, airlines and transport > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

For our non-Dutch speaking visitors as well.

This was reported at the end of last week at Dutch news websites:

The airliner Garuda Indonesia leaves from the Netherlands. The Indonesian airliner stops flying from Schiphol Airport by the 1st of November. The long-haul flight Amsterdam - Jakarta is loss making, Garuda reported in Friday. The airline now flies from and to Amsterdam 4 times a week.

Somewhere between 4,000 and 5,000 passengers have booked a ticket for the months November and December. Garuda will try to get them on another airline.

Translation by Yerun

please keep this topic in English only, the Dutch topic can be found here.

IndoKece
User
spacer line

It's kinda weird.. I thought there are lots of Indonesian living in Netherland.. Should be enough passengers to fly from Netherland to Jakarta, and vice versa.

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Placed by pmuijzert in de Dutch section in English.

The massage that Garuda stops with flyijng Jakarta-Amsterdam-Jakarta,what mentioned in the Dutch paper NRC Handelsblad after 35 years happen on 1 st of November.It is Garuda's last place in Europe.Last year Garuda stops in Frankfurt and Londen.All the ticket centers in Europe are closed exceptly Amsterdam.Garuda is a losing compagny by corruption.Last week in Jakarta written Garuda sails 15 boeing 737-300 to price heaters.The compagny has only 3 lease airplaines 747-400 In the background I hear that there is coming a new aircompagny what want to fly this flights.I hear this already last year.The expecting is that Garuda stops in total.Around 3 month ago the compagny was not possibel to pay the salaries and ask from the Indonesien Governement 50 million Dollar.The compagny transports a lot of passengers.When you look to Malaysian ailines with a profit of 380 million Dollar in the first half of this year and to Singapore airlines with profits from 500-800 million Dollar a year than everybody ask where are the millions of Garuda ?
From insight information I know that there are people in salary lists who never work in the compagny and become monthly salary.People who have free flights why ? There is a lot wrong.
The problems with the visa's is also a problem
When you ask a visa in The Hague is only for 1 times coming inside Indonesia. In the visa stands ,,single'' When you want to go out Indonesia exampel Singapore or Sarawak you can not come back to Indonesia.Or to pay a lot of money.And when you ask a bill on the Ambassade in the Hague,sorry not possibel.Where is the money going ? This country is one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

IndoKece
User
spacer line

I also find visa as one stumbling block to travel overseas. Somehow, Indonesian passport holder gets so much restrictions compared to others.

When I went to Japan for holiday, me and my friends were granted 3 months visa single entry. While our friends from neighboring countries got one year multiple entries Emoticon: Nooo

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Some more information has become available at Channel News Asia .

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

On 02-08-2004 11:41 IndoKece wrote:
Its kinda weird.. I thought there are lots of Indonesian living in Netherland.. Should be enough passengers to fly from Netherland to Jakarta, and vice versa.

Perhaps most of them using the milleage rewards to fly.. ha ha ha

Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

On 02-08-2004 13:14 Albert wrote:

This country is one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

Lieve Albert, (did I spell it correctly?)

How many times do we need to tell? I think the whole world know about the corruption in Indonesia... it's sad, I know!!!

Desi Clark

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

On 02-08-2004 13:14 Albert wrote:

When you ask a visa in The Hague is only for 1 times coming inside Indonesia. In the visa stands ,,single When you want to go out Indonesia exampel Singapore or Sarawak you can not come back to Indonesia.

I entered Indonesia with a tour visit visa (single entry up to 30 days), and changed it to sociocultural visit for another 30 days without leaving the country.

In response to your quote above. I think You can submit a re-application for a new visa outside Indonesia (for example: Singapore).

Desi Clark

IndoKece
User
spacer line

On 04-08-2004 00:39 Desi Clark wrote:
[...]

I entered Indonesia with a tour visit visa (single entry up to 30 days), and changed it to sociocultural visit for another 30 days without leaving the country.

In response to your quote above. I think You can submit a re-application for a new visa outside Indonesia (for example: Singapore).

Desi Clark

I thought as long as you are still holding Indonesian passport, it shoud not be a problem when you enter Indonesia, regardless how long you have been abroad

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

ehm, this is about Garuda Indonesia, not visa. Please continue your chat about that in another topic. Thanks Emoticon: Smile

manise
User
spacer line

I've got this mail from other group about Garuda. Unfortunately in Bahasa, maybe somebody can help me translate this mail, since my English so limited. Thank's a lot.

Rabu, 04 Agt 2004,
GA Tutup Rute Seoul dan Taipei

JAKARTA - Maskapai nasional Garuda Indonesia (GA) memutuskan untuk
menutup beberapa rute internasionalnya pada semester II tahun ini.
Penyebabnya, di beberapa rute internasional, BUMN penerbangan itu
tidak bisa meraup keuntungan akibat anjloknya jumlah penumpang.

"Beberapa rute kita kurangi, khusus untuk Taipei dan Seoul kita
tutup karena rugi," jelas Direktur Niaga PT Garuda Indonesia,
Bachrul Hakim kepada koran ini di Jakarta kemarin. Disebutkan,
selain menutup rute Taipei dan Seoul, Garuda juga mengurangi
frekuensi penerbangan di beberapa rute.

Menurut Bachrul, rute yang dikurangi frekuensi penerbangannya yakni
rute Amsterdam, dari 4 kali per minggu menjadi 2 kali per minggu.
Sementara untuk penerbangan tujuan Guangzhou China akan dikurangi
dari 5 kali per minggu menjadi hanya 3 kali per minggu pada awal
September mendatang. "Pengurangan frekuensi penerbangan ini terkait
dengan kondisi pasar yang ada," ujar Bachrul.

Dijelaskan, pengurangan frekuensi dan penutupan rute tersebut
berlaku untuk winter schedule yang berlaku hingga akhir tahun
nanti. "Rute-rute itu akan di evaluasi di summer schedule pada awal
tahun 2005 nanti," bebernya.

Untuk rute Jepang, Garuda memutuskan tidak melakukan pengurangan
frekuensi. Alasannya, selama tiga tahun terakhir, penerbangan dengan
tujuan Jepang berhasil memberikan kontribusi sebesar 20 persen dari
penerbangan internasional yang dilakukan Garuda.

Untuk tujuan Jepang, Garuda memiliki rute Jakarta - Fukuoka,
Denpasar -Tokyo, Jakarta Osaka, dan Jakarta - Singapura - Nagoya.
Tahun lalu, Garuda berhasil mengangkut 1.712.486 orang penumpang
untuk rute internasional yang terdiri dari kawasan Asia 832.103
orang, Eropa 126.218 orang, Jepang & Korea 261.868 orang, Timur
Tengah 209.126 orang dan Australia & Selandia Baru 283.171 orang.

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

This is more or less the meaning of that above anouncement folks:

WEDNESDAY, 04 AUG2004
GA CLOSED SEOUL &TAIPEI ROUTE

JAKARTA.
GARUDA HAS DECIDED TO CLOSED DOWN SEVERAL OF ITS INTERNAT ROUTES IN THIS SECOND SEMESTER (FINANCIAL).
THE REASON FOR THIS IS THAT GARUDA COULD NOT REAP THE PROFIT DUE TO THE DROP ON THE PASSENGERS DEMAND ON SEVERAL INTERNATIONAL ROUTES,
SEVERAL ROUTES WE REDUCED, ESPECIALLY SEOUL AND TAIPEI WE HAD TO CLOSE AS THEY ARE operating ON LOSS.
ACCORDING TO BACHRUL HAKIM YERTERDAY.
ACCORDING TO BACHRUL, THE ROUTE THAT IS GETTING REDUCED ITS FLIGHT FREQUENCIES IS AMSTERDAM, FROM 4 TIMES A WEEK BECOMES 2 TIMES A WEEK.
IN THE MEANTIME, GUANGZHOU CHINA WILL BE REDUCED FROM 5TIMES TO 3 TIMES/WEEK AS FROM SEPT COMING.

THIS FLIGHT FREQUENCIES REDUCTIONS IS MERELY ASSOCIATED WITH THE AVAILABILITY OF THE MARKET'S CONDITION.

ALSO, THE FLIGHT SCHEDULES REDUCTIONS AND THE CLOSE DOWNS ONLY APPLY DURING THE WINTER SCHEDULES UNTIL THE END OF NEXT YEAR......"THOSE ROUTES WILL BE CLOSELY EVALUATED IN THE SUMMER'S SCHEDULE IN THE BEGINNING OF 2005.
FOR THE FLIGHTS TO JAPAN, GARUDA HAS DECIDED NOT TO REDUCE ITS FLIGHT FREQUENCIES AS THEY CONTRIBUTED AS MUCH AS 20% (PROFIT?/ TURNOVER?)TO GARUDA DURING LAST THREE YEARS......

>and the rest is just the statistics(number of passengers) according to the flight destinations.

Papuan
User
spacer line

I guess in some time they'll fly from Jakarta to Bogor only Emoticon: Stupid

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

Now Garuda even has problems borrowing money from state owned security firm PT Jamsostek (Jakarta Post: Jamsostek warned over Garuda loan). It's not a question if but when Garuda goes bankrupt.

The more important question is: Is it bad?? I.e. does Indonesia need Garuda?? I don't think so any more. The market is liberalized and other companies will take over Garuda's routes. After all, do we need KLM here in Holland??

Gracias. Sama sama

dirgantara
User
spacer line

On 05-03-2006 23:02 kiwimave wrote:
Now Garuda even has problems borrowing money from state owned security firm PT Jamsostek (Jakarta Post: Jamsostek warned over Garuda loan). Its not a question if but when Garuda goes bankrupt.

The more important question is: Is it bad?? I.e. does Indonesia need Garuda?? I dont think so any more. The market is liberalized and other companies will take over Garudas routes. After all, do we need KLM here in Holland??

KLM and Garuda have different histories. Both companies are not comparable to each other.
during the Orde Baru regime Garuda was used as a cash cow for government officials.

For a technocratic Indonesia with foreign investors but not foreign owned Indonesian companies

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

49,929,256 topic views - 222,134 posts - 13,485 topics - 16,234 members - last post @ 20-09-2017 23:14 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

89,968,974 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com