indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

ylleke
User
spacer line

I plan a short trip to Java (Borobudur, Parambanan, Bromo) from 25.th of February (that time I have vacation ). Can anybody tell me, how is usually the weather there in February? Is there any hope, that weather will change better? I have read from newspapers about very heavy rainfall and mudflow in Java.

spruiked
User
spacer line

Ignore the news. The weather is fine. It will still be the wet season, but you will not have any problems visiting any of these attractions.

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Ignore the news? Not that smart. Watch it and see how to avoid floodings and mud flows of course... but most of it has receded by now.

ylleke
User
spacer line

I am glad hearing good news! Spruiked, do you live on Java? When does it rain on wet season? On Borneo it is raining in the afternoon, so it is possible to look round almost whole day. Aren't there any mudflows and floodings in Jogyakarta today?

Philo
User
User icon of Philo
spacer line

Yes , its the rain and wet season, don't be afraid, it may rain one hour in the afternoon , sometime more , but it's warm , no problem. Bromo is ok , penanjakan 2800m is may be at risk to see nothing at sun rise , sometime may be in the clouds :-) but don't worry and do it again , it's a so beautiful country during rain season, and you have to appreciate all the fruits so huge diversity rambutan, mangustan, lenking durian, and and , this is the biggest advantage of this season. No flooding risks in Yogya. Landslides , avoid dangerous volcanos slopes and do not travel on volcan road, if you get heavy rains for days ( may happens) ..Mudflow !! only in Sidoarjo area , on the road from Surabaya to malang, but if there is any problem, change the route. Dont' forget Dieng's plateau with mud craters, its interesting, NW of Yogya... But in feb , I will have no news from my friend , she is coming to Europe :-))

sumeh
User
spacer line

Borobudur is save, prambanan also. It will be a bit raining here in February. No mud or flood as long as you keep distance from hilly area

On 28-01-2008 17:09 ylleke wrote:
I plan a short trip to Java (Borobudur, Parambanan, Bromo) from 25.th of February (that time I have vacation ). Can anybody tell me, how is usually the weather there in February? Is there any hope, that weather will change better? I have read from newspapers about very heavy rainfall and mudflow in Java.
Emoticon: Smile Emoticon: Smile Emoticon: Smile Emoticon: Smile

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

53,605,233 topic views - 225,020 posts - 13,551 topics - 17,247 members - last post @ 22-01-2018 14:55 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

95,195,038 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com