indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Other talk > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

ilseroos
User
spacer line

does anybody know what the name 'Hanil' means?

and are there any people out there who are married to a Indonesian Muslim while they themselves are not active participants in any religion? I am very interested in their experiences. I also really want to know more about regulations once married.

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

To marry in Indonesia, you must declare your religion. KUA (Religious Affairs Office) will not marry you if one of you is atheist.

Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

ilseroos
User
spacer line

If I marry a muslim but I declare myself a christian, what then? Is that possible or must I become muslim?

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Where (what country) are you getting married?

In Indonesia, the bride and groom to-be must have the same religion, otherwise, they will not perform the wedding ceremony

Get married in Singapore or Australia (or USA), these countries will marry a couple with a different religion.

Or you can convert your religion to become a Islam KTP. But then what's the point?

To me a religion is the foundation of my life. Without God, my life is miserable, therefore, I married to a person who shares the same faith and believe...we will raise a family in one GOD.

Love is beautiful, but God is the most beautiful.

I will not convert my religion just to simplify the procedures, but because of what I believe.

That's my preach today...

in GOD we Trust!
Amen,
Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

IndoKece
User
spacer line

On 03-08-2004 23:57 Desi Clark wrote:
Where (what country) are you getting married?

In Indonesia, the bride and groom to-be must have the same religion, otherwise, they will not perform the wedding ceremony

Get married in Singapore or Australia (or USA), these countries will marry a couple with a different religion.

Or you can convert your religion to become a Islam KTP. But then whats the point?

To me a religion is the foundation of my life. Without God, my life is miserable, therefore, I married to a person who shares the same faith and believe...we will raise a family in one GOD.

Love is beautiful, but God is the most beautiful.

I will not convert my religion just to simplify the procedures, but because of what I believe.

Thats my preach today...

in GOD we Trust!
Amen,
Desi Clark

Well said, Desi Emoticon: Yes!

I agree with you that religion can not be twisted for any reason.

DirkV
User
User icon of DirkV
spacer line

What if someone believes that the general idea behind all religions is the same: to help people to be good and correct, to help them through live, to get support, to be able to count on that one divine being, ...Wether you are Muslim, or Hindu, or Christian, or another religion.
Doesn't that make the conversion of religion more understandable when this change is required in order to marry someone you love?

Amen,
Dirk

spacer line  

Agree with you Dirk,

Rien

Oud worden op bali? www.whitedolphins.nl or www.whitedolphins.net

ilseroos
User
spacer line

I agree with dirk too. I have difficulties with rigid divisions between religions and find it hard to call myself a member of one religion although I think that the core of every religion amounts to the same. Different roads to the same goal. On the one hand I would never want to convert to a religion out of practical reasons, that is exactly why I am posing the above question about marriage and religion , because I always seriously think about things before making a decision. It is difficult. When I don't marry, me and my boyfriend won't be accepted in the village where he comes from, if we do marry Indonesian law prescribes that we both have to be of the same religion, that is in our case islam, as my boyfriend is muslim and wishes to remain this way. It just doesn't sound fair or equal and I am searching for a middle way.

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

The point is that in Indonesia a socalled civil marriage doesn't exist. It is 180 degrees different from f.i. the Dutch marriage laws(or most west-european laws) where a religious marriage (in a church or whatever) bears no judicial status. There only a marriage processed before a functionary of the civil registry of a municipality is legal and the religion (or, oh boy, non-religion, can you imagine it?) of the spouses is of no importance.
I wouldn't also convert for a marriage or because my partner to be wants it. But that is a personal thing.
If you don't want to change your religion or obtain another religion then indeed a marriage outside Indonesia is advisable.

spacer line  

Hi all,
Islam doesn't allow its followers to marry someone of a different religion. That perhaps can answer the question why a non moslem who wishes to marry a moslem is advised to convert to Islam. Unless of course, the moslem is willing to convert to his/ her partner's religion. Emoticon: Cooool

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

That brings up the question why Islam is not allowing people to marry people with another religion? To put it in perspective my mother, as a catholic, had also to convert to protestantism to marry my father, but that was because in te 50's a church marriage was still very appropriate (now not anymore, unless people like the romantic idea of marrying in a church, so far has secularisation went alreaydy in this damned athetist Netherlands). My very catholic grandparents could not visit 9 of the marriages of their children because (it was God's will, undoubtly) they all married protestants. In those tempo dulu times (nobody would understand that now anymore) it was forbidden by the catholic church to attend marriages of your children with people of another belief. The same was valid for orthodox protestants.
I still hold the romantic belief that you marry because of love. And religion is then of no importance. I just quote a old prussian king, Fredric the Great who once uttered the wise words " jeder soll nach seiner eigene fašon selig werden" (everyone should become saintable after his own fashion).

spacer line  

I think it is not wise to question why a religion allows this and disallows that. If we can't understand a particular concept, then we can at least respect it.
For everything must have a reason which reason does not know. The holy Quran even tells moslem to respect other religions and belief (QS: Al Kafirun.. "your religion is for you, my religion is for me" Emoticon: Wink .

peace Emoticon: Bye bye

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

budowono1
User
spacer line

On 13-08-2004 19:31 kinanti pinta wrote:
I think it is not wise to question why a religion allows this and disallows that. If we cant understand a particular concept, then we can at least respect it.
For everything must have a reason which reason does not know. The holy Quran even tells moslem to respect other religions and belief (QS: Al Kafirun.. "your religion is for you, my religion is for me" Emoticon: Wink .

if that is so why do the haji's clame that other religion are evil and condem us for beeing difrent

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

On 13-08-2004 23:32 budowono1 wrote:
[...]

if that is so why do the hajis clame that other religion are evil and condem us for beeing difrent

Are you sure you know what haji means? If you told us that Haji claim that other religion are evil....you better have a good sources to backup that statement, otherwise it's a slander (itu namanya fitnah....). From the beginning you have a tendency to be a smartass dude.....

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 13-08-2004 23:32 budowono1 wrote:
[...]

if that is so why do the hajis clame that other religion are evil and condem us for beeing difrent

Haji's can claim what they want and so can I. I will start a religion that demands nuclear energy at th dedicated energy and all other power has to be abolished.Would anyone listen to that?

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

On 13-08-2004 19:31 kinanti pinta wrote:
I think it is not wise to question why a religion allows this and disallows that. If we cant understand a particular concept, then we can at least respect it.

This I really cannot understand, Kinanti, can you explain a bit more? I know sceptism and religion don't mix good, but why could you not question things in concurrence with religion? If that would be the case how should we view people like Galileo, Spinoza, Luther, Calvin, Erasmus, to name only a few

budowono1
User
spacer line

because they no respect for other religion they not even respect for other muslim if they not the same as them .
muslims don't even understand the meaning of the word sulvation

DirkV
User
User icon of DirkV
spacer line

Just a comment on the fact that many words are written about religions which are not your own.

People generally do not know much about other believes and other religions.
They just know what they see and hear without trying to understand it.

It just seems funny to me that they are able to criticize other religions without any knowledge on the subject.
But they are unable (or they won't do it) to criticize their own religion with so many knowledge and own experience.

budowono1
User
spacer line

thats wroght lah they only see what they want to and don't eknoledge the existance of other religions

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

68,293,850 topic views - 230,457 posts - 13,656 topics - 20,402 members - last post @ 18-02-2019 03:43 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

113,669,260 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com