indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

alfred
User
User icon of alfred
spacer line

Friend from India has been offered a job in Indonesia for 1200$ a month. His question is if this amount make life for him manageable, on his own but with a family to maintain India itself?

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Depends on what his family in India needs a month. $ 1200 is not much. Even for me in RI not enough to sustain my family here in a decent way.

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

Malam
User
User icon of Malam
spacer line

On 02-01-2008 13:08 Yogya-Bali wrote:
Depends on what his family in India needs a month. $ 1200 is not much. Even for me in RI not enough to sustain my family here in a decent way.

You mean that Yogya??????
11 juta is not enough, I 'm surprised.

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

it depends on personals need , and the way of living.

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

alfred
User
User icon of alfred
spacer line

Well, just imagine: a young lower middle class boy from India (let's say a relatively small town like Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu) who made his way through the Indian education system with great effort and would make 300-600 $ in his own country at most while most uneducated people in India still earn more or less like 2$ a day...how will his "way of living" be...

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Don't compare somebody who is educated with uneducated people who earn $ 2 a day. That is no fair comparison. He will be used to a certain lifestyle and then also still transfer money for his family???
Depends also in which town he's coming to live. If it is Jakarta, it will definitely not enough to leave more money for his family then he would earn in India. Don't look at the salary only, but how much money will be left to transfer home.

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

1200 dollar is way too less for an expat. Take into account one or two trips home to India per year. From each month he has to save that money too.

Begin de details te vergeten

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

On 02-01-2008 19:32 Malam wrote:

You mean that Yogya??????
11 juta is not enough, I m surprised.

No really. I need at least the double. Although I'm paid on Indonesian standards, the fact that I work hard is the reason that I earn more then an average person here. Not because my salary is bigger but because I'm working smart and hard.
If you want to give your children some good education (very expensive here and even not talking about the top), it will cost you a lot of money. Apart from that, I'm talking about "living a decent life". I'm not living in Indonesia to live a life that is worse then in my home country. So sometimes some comfortable electronics, a nice drink, some nice food, a nice car, a short holiday, back home to Holland, some good music performances, and so on, costs you a lot of money. Even in this country.
I'm not a "kampung" person who spends his life with "nongkrong", "ngobrol", "basa basi", watching sinetrons, never getting out of his own area, never reading a good book, always eating nasi, etc. Sorry, fortunately there's much more in life then these simple things. And a lot of Indonesians will agree with me.
The well-known Pyramid of Maslow, the hierarchy of human needs!

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Maslow rules YB and sometimes I'm malu because I'm on top of it Emoticon: Wink

Begin de details te vergeten

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 02-01-2008 22:33 Yogya-Bali wrote:

Sorry, fortunately theres much more in life then these simple things. And a lot of Indonesians will agree with me.
The well-known Pyramid of Maslow, the hierarchy of human needs!

Yes indeed , despite I am an orang simpel and almost eating nasi in indonesia I agree with yr opinion.
The difference is the "lauk pauk."

alfred
User
User icon of alfred
spacer line

The comparison between educated and uneducated is not my issue really; the young man in this case comes from a "layer" in the piramid that is rather basic and so I ask myself and you all who maybe can inform me out of your expertise: how can such a guy cope with he demands of daily life in the context I pointed at.
So far I am grateful for the remarks already given here.

Irdxb
User
spacer line

Dear alfred, The issue of $1200 per month for an Indian is more than enough for him to stay in a country like Indonesia...In Singapore we got so many Indians, Bangla Desh workers or professional who earns that much & maybe little bit more. In Singapore $1200 pm can make a decent living and dont forget its an expesive island to stay in..so i see the pay package for an Indian getting that much and staying in Indonesia is no big deal. I was working in Dubai for 5 years, 3 million Indians are there...and what they get is about the same...Then look again their standard of living in India...sure he manage...

Chinacore
User
User icon of Chinacore
spacer line

Make a deal with the company you work for, to pay extra for traveling, hotel/ appartment and day living allowance. Then it will do.
Emoticon: Yeah right!

hobo1
User
spacer line

Alfred, this is a hard question for people on this forum - mainly because it is hard to imagine the life of someone of this man's position in India. I know an education does not buy you a much bigger salary in India. My opinion is the young man could make it - lots of people here live on less than 11 juta rph. But he is not a local man so finding low cost things are going to be difficult. I must assume the company is paying for his work visa. Obviously, the quality of life will be better in a smaller town - even a low price apartment is better in a small town than it is in the city. I think room and food for 3 juta per month, 2 juta for personal needs, 2 juta for clothes + emergency = 7 juta per month living at a low but tolerable standard. That gives 4 juta to send back to India. Darn, that is really a hard life, but millions of people do it both here and and in India. I hope to God he is clever enough to make some money on the side.

Hideaway Bungalow in Kuta Lombok - check my homepage

spacer line  

Not enough

fred uk
User
spacer line

On 12-03-2008 15:41 jakartateam wrote:
Not enough

Depends on what you are like. I can live on less than 2 juta a month with ease but I have no greed. More would be nice later when my daughter starts school but at the moment I'm happy and my money will last years even if I don't get work.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

I just had to pay 3 juta for the Kindergarten of my daughter today (registration fee), pictures for registration Rp. 35.000, registration form Rp. 500.000, pampers Rp. 200.000 and milk almost Rp. 130.000. So how do u want to live with 2 juta when u want to give ur child a reasonable life and education (and it's not even an international kindergarten but a good local one)?

spacer line  

It is absolutely relative.
In the factory I worked the salary of a machine operator was 1,5 juta per month, and many of them had a family to support from that.
To say what is enough to live of depends absolutely on what the person is used to live from.
There is no answer for this question.

Greetz

tomysu
User
spacer line

well i have to agree 11 jt is not enough for one month ( for us anyway ) as somebody already said you always want a better life than you had in your homecountry so a car even 2 cars needs to pay tax every year around 5 jt gas 2 jt a month asurance 10 jt a year etc etc a nice house with all things that make live easy and comfertable a son that today had to pay 28 jt entree fee for binus international in jkt because the buildings are far apart he needs a car also every month pocketmoney at least 6 jt a month his car sometimes have to be fixed sometimes he comes home to middle java from jkt another 1 jt so 11 jt is not eanough for us far from but that depends on your lifestyle also ofcourse

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Binus , lumayan lah .

tomysu
User
spacer line

binus international termasuk di top 5 dr asia lumayan skl donk cuma punya uang ga cukup krn bnr2 hrs punya otak utk msk situ

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

My keponakan had tried to study at ITB and U.I , but to much competition .
Thats why he is now studying at Binus .

Lumayan lah .
Btw : if you have some money but not so much otak , can always go to Singapura , Australia or Negri Belanda.
It appears weird , but true .

Kaga bohong , bisa dicek mas.

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

tomysu
User
spacer line

sorry my mistake i had to mension the subject he is following .......... computer sience that is the the top 5 ranking and do not be afraid my son has all the brains he need he was ranking 1 for the test and money also no problem ........... at all so do not hv to go anywhere

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,216,173 topic views - 234,385 posts - 13,692 topics - 25,237 members - last post @ 21-10-2019 17:26 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

124,679,589 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com