indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

ibrahim
User
spacer line

Dear all ,
While I was in Bandung , in the hotel there was a local band using West Java music instruments ( I do not know there names ). But, let me go to my point , I loved the west java music and can any one of you give me music link so that I can listen to them.

I would appreciate your kindness.

Ibrahim

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

okay...you can listen to one of my radio channel on Voice of Jakarta, to make it easier....please open http://kameldiny.voiceofjakarta.com . It will run from 8am to 10am and 8pm to 10pm (in new york). We have also http://kameldiny2.voiceofjakarta.com whic is airing keroncong music (indonesian music influenced by portuguese)

You can listen to degung sunda or other Sunda music there.....ofcourse also Keroncong

Please enjoy

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Bangwin,
I tried to get your url but it did'nt work out.
Is there some other way to listen to your radio channel?

Merci, Hilmar.

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

Hi Hilmar....
Actually under Voice of Jakarta (the name of the radio) there's 3 channel....my channel is in http://radio.voiceofjakarta.com , which is only indonesian pop music . If you open this URL, automaticly your player comes up and tune-in. You will need Winamp or RealPlayer or iTunes to tune-in

spacer line  

Greetings everyone! A question. Can anyone explain the difference between Gamalan music in Java and Bali? I have a Javanese daughter-in-law who can hear the difference but can't explain it . My Indonesian language skills are rather poor! Thanking you. Patricia

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

On 01-08-2004 05:46 patricia green wrote:
Greetings everyone! A question. Can anyone explain the difference between Gamalan music in Java and Bali? I have a Javanese daughter-in-law who can hear the difference but cant explain it . My Indonesian language skills are rather poor! Thanking you. Patricia

The Balinese gamelan music is usually faster. One of the characteristics of Balinese gamelan music is that, it has a lot of sudden changes in tempo and dynamics. Like the Javanese gamelan, the instruments in Balinese gamelan includes mettalophones and gongs. In Balinese gamelan, there are more mettalophones than gongs. The mettalophones in Balinese gamelan are thicker than these at Javanese, these Balinese mettal produces very bright sound.

Another characteristic is the used of cymbals. These cymbals create fast ratlling sound that usually cannot be found in Javanese gamelan.

Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

ibrahim
User
spacer line

We have gone off the main subject , as I told you , I need to hear the classic music , need a link of these music ( only ) I do not need to hear the songs .
If you have a like , kindly post it here.

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

On 02-08-2004 19:14 Desi Clark wrote:
[...]

The Balinese gamelan music is usually faster. ...................................................In Balinese gamelan, there are more mettalophones than gongs. The mettalophones in Balinese gamelan are thicker than these at Javanese, these Balinese mettal produces very bright sound.

Another characteristic is the used of cymbals. These cymbals create fast ratlling sound that usually cannot be found in Javanese gamelan.

Desi Clark

>Yes Desi is right.
>But most important in the different between Balinese and Javanese gamelan is this:(in simplistic way of describing, not PhD or in a political terminology)
>Javanese and Balinese cultures are two similar styles. Both infulenced by Hindhu Religious Culture.
>But Javanese maintained their "REFINED" style in many different forms .
>On the other hand, Balinese follow the "BRIGHTNESS, HAPPY movements' expression..."
>Another significant difference is that (easy to pick) Javanese Gamelan music is close to the rythm and the mood of "MEDITATION & TAI CHI "....which is SLOW, WELL CONTROLLED in VOLUME.
>You'll find that if you watch the Javanese Gamelan performance/s you'll get yourself fall into sleep.
>It is very BORING.... Compared to Balinese music which is Brassy, full of Dynamic Movements&Happy..
>In real life shows, often we can find some audience need to put their earplugs to reduce high pitch-ear pearcing musical tones/frequency& protect their eardrums.
>Another way to help you to pick one (Javanese) is when your daughter in law plays Javanese Music, pretend to make Tai chi movement in your imagination.....you'll find it just almost spot on!
>On the other hand, if you listen to Balinese music, you'll almost able to compare it to the AEROBIC movements:happy mood, energetic.

>By the way where are you in Aust?
>If you are in Sydney, in Sydney University they have very strong Gamelan connections.
>In the Old Darlington School (Sydney Uni.) they have Balinese & Javanese gamelan Groups
>If you are in Melbourne there is a good Gamelan group taught by Javanese master who is married to Balinese (Melbourne Uni)
>There are groups of Gamelans in Newcastle, New England University, In Brisbane, in Canberra National University's Asian studies have to learn Javanese Gamelan as part of their project.
>Regards
>Bagusdewe

spacer line  

Welujen Ibrahim,

Kalau mau dengar musik Jawa Barat, anda coba www.kerenbeken.net

Wassalam,
Eddy Klewang Ciater Jawa Barat Emoticon: Worship

kawan
User
spacer line

S.M.P. Sudah Musik Pulang

Hank Freid
User
spacer line

Hi,
I am very pleased to see your interest Indonesian music. The oldest human inhabitant archaeological findings in the region were unearthed in Anyer (the western coast of Java) with evidences of bronze and iron metallurgical culture dated back to the first millennium AD. SO i give a link you can follow the link and get more information.

http://trumpet.sdsu.edu/m345/I(...)donesian_Music1.html

in new york west side hank freid creates new 125 room hotel

monyet
User
User icon of monyet
spacer line

Try watching some of the Indonesian music on youtube, there's a lot to see there, especially if you're a dangdut fan! Emoticon: Smile

From Dayeuhkolot with love

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

58,805,818 topic views - 226,975 posts - 13,603 topics - 18,680 members - last post @ 18-06-2018 19:56 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

101,652,149 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com