indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

tigerhead
User
spacer line

Hi Folks,

I have been a couple of times in Indonesia en especially in Western Java where my parents in law are living.
Next month I will visit them again. Í have been in Bogor and Bandung before. But this time I want to visit the more remote villages in the area.

I am looking for places (or area) where there are beautiful sawa's and palmtrees and other fruit/tea plantations.

Can anyone reccomand such a place and also accomodation in the area?

andre
User
spacer line

Hi Tigerhead,

First thing to do in Bandung will be a visit to Gran media, to buy the book: "All around Bandung" by Gottfried Roelcke (ISBN 962-593-030-2). This book has been my bible for finding beautifull spots around Bandung.

For teaplantations you have to go to Ciwidey. From Bandung you take Jl. Sukarno-Hatta and head south on Jl. Kopo. Follow this road untill you reach Soreang and after that Ciwidey. The tea plantations offer hiking opportunities and hot springs to relax in. You can also visit Kawa Putih (your parents-in-law should know what I'm talking about)

Nice tea plantations can also be found on the northernside of Gn. Papandayan. We ever hiked up Gn. Papandayan from Garut (Kampung Cisururupan) and crossed the crater to descend on the other side of the mountain. We ended up in the middle of tea plantations and a nice kampung (Setup) with a tea factory. The manager of the tea factory was very friendly and offered us... ... tea.

Between Bogor and Bandung, in Cipanas you can go up Gn. Gede/Pangrango. Try to avoid climbing it during the weekends, because then it is crowded. This (These) mountain(s) offer a lot of sights in a single climb. This includes a hot waterfall.

Reachable from the Ledeng terminal in Bandung, there are the Dago Falls (15 mins. walking from the terminal). These were a big disappointment, as the river was very polluted.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

tigerhead
User
spacer line

Hi André

Thanks for your message. After doing some research by myself and your advise, I guess I will visit Kampung Naga (near Garut) and the area of the Malabar tea plantation

But if we don't have much time than we will stay with my brother in law in Bogor and visit the surroundings of Sukabumi and Selabintana.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

58,805,818 topic views - 226,975 posts - 13,603 topics - 18,680 members - last post @ 18-06-2018 19:56 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

101,652,170 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com