indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

orochi
User
spacer line

goodmorning everybody,

does anybody know what it would cost to ship a whole 20 feet container from the port of Rotterdam to Jakarta.

greetz,

john

caroline
User
spacer line

Hi John,

i work in the shipping business so i can find out for you.
presumably contenence is personal effects ? and do you need somebody who arranges custom papers etc. or can you arrange it yourself ?

Caroline

orochi
User
spacer line

hi caroline,

yes, just personal items. Are there smaller containers then a 20" feet one? Can you check the prize of that also? And it would be easier if someone arranges the papers etc.

thanx,

john

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

John,

A container might cost between 1800 usd and 2100 Usd. It all depends on the shiping company. But if you can weight a while I cn check how much it will cost when you ship all from Germany. I heared it was much cheaper then from Rotterdam.

Custom clearance for personal goods is 5 million Rp include tax. Does not matter how much, even if it is only one box.

Further more you will need to describe in detail what is in every box. not just kitchen stuff. But XX pots, xx Glasses, etc.

There are smaller container like 10 foot but if they go to Jakrata I do not know yet.

I will also check with the addresses I know and will let you know later.

When do you have plans to ship all?

Albert
Holland

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

orochi
User
spacer line

hi albert,

probably around januari 2005. Thanx for looking around.

john

caroline
User
spacer line

Hi John
Well, i have got a rate for you and to be not to detailed the rate
inclusive issuance of documents etc. till the port of jakarta so excluding custom clearance (for that i need the value of the goods and a number of packages you intend to load) is approx Usd 800
(just calculated everything for you in dollars cause got mixed
quotation for Euro and Usd). The costs in Jakarta are not added......
Hope this helps....

orochi
User
spacer line

Thanx Caroline,

Now i have an idea about the costs. Thanx again......

john

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

John,

Why do you place your question in English if you wish to ship all from Rotterdam?

Are you sure you wish to ship your goods to Jakarta? Because if you do not have plans to live in West-Java there are more container harbours, such as Semarang central Java. I presume you are not going to live in East-Java.

The price 700 Usd is what I heared from somebody when shiping all from Germany. So it seems in Holand they charge the same low price. But from Jakarta to Rotterdam it is between 1500 -2000 Usd.

Also importent to know if you are in a hurry or not, there are different shipping companies. If you choose a first carrier it is more quickly you pay more then when using a second carrier (read first and second class) . First and second class has no relation with service whatsoever. More with time and price. Diffrence only a few days. Maybe in Europe the only use first class carriers.

Caroline did not mention to you, which one hers is.
But the prices go up every 3 months so in January it will no longer be 800 Usd. The will be raised at the end of August.

Last time when I informed about shipping my own goods they told me about 5.000.000 Rp. Including tax.
But when I inform in Holland the say custome clearance 100 Euro, and tax depends on the price of the goods.
When importing goods into Holland the total value of your good will be;
The personal valvue + Shipping = price of the goods for the tax company.

Are you sure you need a full 20 foot container (33 Cbm). There is also LCL (Less container Load) to Jakarta. You rent space in a container together wit others. Minimum is 2 Cbm. Price per cbm is 55 Usd.
There are no 10 foot container going to indonesia.

Contact info in Jakarta about custom clearance for your goods;
PT Kemasindo Cepat Nusantara
Jl. Pakin Raya No. 1 Blok C3A-5
14440 Jakarta
Tel. +62 21 6629638
Fax. +62 21 6625161

If you call from Holland use www.telediscount.nl you pay +/- 5 cent/min. No subscription needed.

Albert

caroline
User
spacer line

Hi John,

Can give you some additional information.
Container will be shipped on UASC b/l and shipped with Hanjin to Jakarta. Also asked lcl rate in Rotterdam which is Usd 30 m/w ( shipped with NYK) from Rotterdam.
Plse note that the rates are valid till end August..... Caroline

orochi
User
spacer line

hi albert,

i placed it in english for our international readers............ maar om het allemaal gemakkelijker te maken gaan we lekker verder in ouderwets nederlands.

Alleerst, beiden hartelijk bedankt voor alle info. Ik wist dus niet dat de prijzen varieren per maand en aangezien ik pas in januari 2005 naar Jakarta ga zullen de opgegeven prijzen niet meer gelden maar ik heb nu in iedergeval een indicatie. Hebben jullie beide namen van verschepingsbedrijven hier in nederland waar jullie al ervaring mee hebben gehad? En caroline, aangezien jij bij zo'n bedrijf werkt wat is de naam?
Nogmaals bedankt...

john Emoticon: Shiny

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

John,

No problem to continue in English.
Ik have no experience in shipping to Jakarta only to Rotterdam from Semarang.
TOLIMPEX B.V.
NIEUWESLUIWEG 202-206 3197 KV ROTTERDAM
TELP : 31-10-296 825
FAX : 31-10-2962826

Phone number is old. Need to put in a extra 3 I think.

M.VerhaegheRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.hudig.nl
Mvr. Nancy Onderstal
Do no longer have info on company name.
From her received info address in Jakarta.

But I think Caroline can give you more info to Jakarta.

Also it is more cheaper if you pay all in here (Prepaid).
If you pay all in Jakarta it is called collect and you will need to pay extra in Rotterdam for handling cost in the harbour. (150 Usd I think).

What I am telling you above is when shipping from Semarang to any other harbour in the world. But I think this will the same have you ship from Rotterdam.

Insurance;
Cost Insurance Freight. (CIF)
To get more info about it try to find inco terms 2000 on the internet.
Insurance can be up to 0,35% from total amount.

Importent;
When you insure all, also insure shipping price. Or else if your container drops overboard, you only get paid the value what is in the container.

Example 8000 Value of the goods, 2000 Shipping.
Insurance will be 10.000 x 0,0035 = 35 Usd.

Maybe better if you use the company from Caroline. But as long as you do not forget what I mentioned above.

Every company in the harbour can do for you the custom clearance and tax. Also you can discuss with them where the truck need to drop the container. Drop is not the correct word. It will stay on the truck and you only have a few hours to empty it.
Ask Caroline to check this for you.
In Holland it is between 2 - 3 hours for 20' foot. Which is enough time.
About Tax, it would be wise to get more info about this. So they will not suprise you with high Tax. I think it is lso better you do not mention the goods are for you (Foreigner), but give only the name of your Wife. To avoid high tax.

Also make sure they put moister aborbers in the container (the company you use) or else your cargo is full with moister web. And maybe some things you can trough away. Ask the company about this. They will hang it on the container wall on all sides.

Arrival time +/- 4 weeks later. When the container has left the harbour they can tell you the exact date when it arrives. Also let them explain in details what to do with the official documents. The documents will be send to the address in Jakarta. From the papers some original copies has to be send to the harbour in Jakarta before the container arrives. At least a week.

LCL example;
Opmaken exportdocument : Euro 35,00 per document
Opmaken bill of lading : Euro 30,00 per set
Inladingskosten Rotterdam : Euro 25,00 per 1000 kos - tevens
minimum

Zeevracht Jakarta : Usd 55,00 w/m
Bunker toeslag : Usd 5,00 w/m
It means that the 55 Usd/Cbm is not all, you need to pay for..

If you have any questions feel free to ask them.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,289,886 topic views - 234,448 posts - 13,692 topics - 25,294 members - last post @ 24-10-2019 00:13 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

124,754,468 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com