indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Hello all,

As this is an international operating site with "friends" looking searching and finding information about their questions all concerning Indonesia, I would like to know more about frequent visitors. It is nice that there are a lot of people using this kind of medium, my only concern is who are these people. By looking at the pictures and the questions asked or replies given, I can make a "profile" myself. For me personally it is more interesting to know what you do, where, where do you stay, and all appropriate questions. It for one is nicer to chat with the people, it makes the picture more complete.

Therefore: My name is Sepp Buys, Sepp is a nickname from Joseph. Dutch born 26th of Januari 1974. Working at present in the world of Tobacco. Trader to be in cigar tobacco. Therefore I am based in Jember East Java. With one chinese restaurant "Western" style with Karaoke and one decent bar, where scotch is served on request. So most weekends I am in Bali to be found, cos it is "nearby" Western civilisation. I like staing in Jember, it shows Indonesia as it is, most people only see a hotelroom and the bus or airplane they take to hop the islands. I am enjoying my work, my life and , hahaha myself. With a project going on in Yogya, I travel up and down from Yogya to Bali to Surabaya and Singapore (visa).

I would like to see some people giving more information about themselves as well, not your bankaccount number or your waist measurements, but personal interesting information

Sepp Buys

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I could give you my BII account number for a monthly forum fee, but I think I will delay that for now Emoticon: Wink

I'm Jeroen van der Linde, born 13 April 1981. Most people will know me as the webmaster of this website, several pages under the motherhood of Startpagina.nl. Others know me from a forum that failed earlier this year. Some of you know me from an course of Bahasa Indonesia in Eindhoven. Others know me because they have met me somewhere in Indonesia and others don't know me at all.

Since I graduated from highschool I went to Indonesia once a year, sometimes even more. (lucky me). Don't ask me what brought me there, I probably had to do something extraordinary as all my friends were going to the Spanish beaches to get themselves drunk. Nothing for me.

After my highschool and following education, I told myself it was time to get a job. Lucky for me, my working experience period with a small company in Eindhoven brought me a job offer with I accepted, knowing it would be hard to get a job anyway (early 2002, but not much has changed now)

I started building my websites in 1999/2000. Later the hotel booking websites came by, and the dictionary was split, probably taking most of my time during the weekends. Now I have the time to write a little story every once in a while, make a small photobook. Above all I have met some other travellers as well during three earlier meetings in Amsterdam, Eindhoven en Goes. More of them will follow in the near future by the way.

Finished! Where can I apply for a job at the fabrik tembakau Emoticon: Shiny

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Yerun,

As a citizen in Eindhoven, I presume, you might have the guts and glory to contact the factory in Valkenswaard. One of my friends is there now at this moment working for half a year only for the biggest European Cigar making business. You can always full out a resume and hand it over to them, wanting to get a post as (What is your field) assistent manager in Indonesia. They need young people wanting to get abroad from the "continent" of save, reliable, consistent, know what is happening, dull ,working 9 till 5, I know more than you do so do not try to pass me on my level or job, Europe. If wanted more information, feel free!!

Sepp

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Apa namanya? I can always have a try indeed, but the fact is that anything with cigars is most remote from what I'm currently doing.. hehe.. if I may ask you, what are you sent to Indonesia for? I assume you don't pick the tobacco leaves, because we have lovely Indonesian girls and women for that.

(Lombok, August 2003)

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

I am supervising, that is all i can and are allowed to do. I make the plans and schedules and the rest is done by local people. I have about a 3 thousand ladies under me a stqaff of 25 mandurs, and a office of 12 people. No i am not picking those leaves myself, if I would, the local people would say, oke you can do , so do it thank you and bye bye, (how to add image???

Sepp

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 11-07-2004 18:35 Sepp Buys wrote:
(how to add image???

Sepp

Hit the button "add image" if replying in the topic page. Emoticon: Smile or use [ img ] and [/ img ] without the spaces.

I won't pick myself as well, scared that I will be burned from the sun, white as I am.. haha.

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Yerun,

If hitting the button add picture it only says [IMG]picture link here[[IMG] but does not go to my "my picture" in my black laptop thingy. So how to put in a nicer picture of a thousand women working all sitting in line and doing their job????

Sepp

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

the forum does not feature upload facilities for pictures. If you have one, send it to my email. I can upload it for you to link it if you like.

Uploading is too 'dangerous' since everyone will start uploading their own pictures then. I don't have that much money to host that.. haha..

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Oke,

Understood as well. I can send sooooo many nice pictures of female workers in one gudang. The men, single white, chocolate, looking for will be gila before you will notice. I better not do that!! Hahahhaa

Sepp

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 11-07-2004 18:59 Sepp Buys wrote:
Oke,

Understood as well. I can send sooooo many nice pictures of female workers in one gudang. The men, single white, chocolate, looking for will be gila before you will notice. I better not do that!! Hahahhaa

Sepp

if you want to.. you can send some pictures, write a story with every picture, and I can make a photobook here. Feel free. I can't see everything in Indonesia for sure, so sometimes I hope to get some pictures from other people as well. Emoticon: Puh!

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

In respect of my workers, I can tell the true story, but if taken a photograph of them, they "pose". So How to send you the photo's with "a story"

SEpp

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

just by email if you are capable of doing it. I have fast internet here, so flooding my mailbox is possible. if you send anything to indahnesia [at] gmail.com, there is 970 MB of space left. Just add the text in the mail. Emoticon: Smile Easy as that.

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Okey so we can make a "traditional work force, traditional labor, traditional revenue, traditioal "handycraft, traditional agricultural practices" out of this. Good. i will send you the copyrights as well. I am working on my book the past the futeur in Indonesian agriculture.

Although I drank a bit of Stolichnaya wodka and GT I am capable of doing it, yes!

Sepp

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

a book? darn.. I haven't reached that far this life... Good luck with it. Send me anything you like. I'm going for an early drink at friends. Nice speaking to you.

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Yerun,

You shall get what is yours ment to be.

Sepp

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Did I say ment, or did I mean, Meant, damn, my English at this time of day.

Sepp

orochi
User
spacer line

he guys,

my name is John Vijsma, born in the Hague on july 30th 1974, half indonesian/half dutch. My father was born in Jakarta and my mother in Papoa New Guinee.Eversince i visited indonesia when i was 17 i felt i'd belong there. I've never felt comfortable in the netherlands and so i'm almost 30 now and i still haven't figured out what to do with my life my girlfriend and i have decided to go to jakarta in january 2005 and to work there for a year to see how it is to work there. So for the past 6 months were busy making the nessary arrangements......

So Sepp, tell me... what's it like for a dutch guy working in indo? I know indonesian people have to work like hell as i look at my family and friends in Jakarta. If you have any tips/hints for me please say so.

And Yerun, take a look at www.jobsdb.com. With your background ans knowledge of websites it shouldn't be that difficult to find a job.

greetz,

john.

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Orochi,

Just as any person who needs money, the Indonesian work. Sometimes hard sometimes not at all. Sometimes they have double jobs. During the day in factories, markets or shops and during the nights selling food and beverages. I must say that of the people here in East Java the women work the hardest. They work in the factories, raising their kids, and doing the daily household work. The men find it normal to sit near the street and just watch what is going on, without doing anything at all. But those are the extreme examples. I can make a list of what I have seen and how I see the working attitude of the Indonesian "working class" people. For the Chinese people it is different, they mostly own the factories, shops, buildings banks, etc, etc. They work hard, mentally, not physically.

All this is my own opinion.

And John, why work in Jakarta, why not in Beautifull Yogya, Bali, Menado, Semarang or Salatiga. I do not understand why people chose to work in Jakarta. As a former cityboy (Amsterdam), I refuse to go to Jakarta. Too many people, cars, fumes, noise and all others.

Sepp

orochi
User
spacer line

he sepp,

Bali is our second choice to work/live but i love jakarta, i love all the hectic around it, the nightlife, the thought of "will i survive it this time?" when you get into a bajaj. But a do appreciate places like purwokerto or baturaden, especially baturaden where you have total serenity at night. Bur after a week or so i get anxious to go back to jkrt.
I asume the place where you live is the opposite of all hectic?

greetz,

john

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

John,

Jember is my base. Jember used to be Besoeki. The place to make tobacco for cigarrs. And still is. It used to be self owned plantations in hands of a couple people. There was and is nothing much else going on here except agriculture. Besides the devine warungs and kaki lima's we have well counted one Chinese restaurant with KARAOKE, all night. And one bar, liquor store. Nothing much going on I tell you. Only once in a while a bule is taking his becak to gym, and is hilarious for some. That is why I normally go to Bali during the weekends. The foreigners, whether tourists or "supervising", the Western food, the dance and the flirt. I have a project going on in Jogjakarta, that is more like a big city, but still not fibrant enough for me. But I stick in the middle, which is good. No money expenses during the week, but in the weekends!!!!!!!!

Sepp

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Who am I:
Name: Hilmar Giesen.
Born: 1981 2 januari. Zutphen, Holland.
Live now in: Amsterdam.
I am a student, Institute of social Educational care work, and this year I will start my third year. Because of a practical trainee in this year, I'm going to Yogyakarta for one year as you maybe already read in the other topics.
When I was 16 years old I went for the first time to Indonesie together with my parents, and from that moment I loved the country with al her aspects. The culture, the people, the nature, the kretek, the bemo in Bali and riding on a motorbike. After that time a went to Indonesia for two more times, and my love for Indonesia is just become stronger.
My grandmother is javanese and she married my dutch (knil) grandfather. The stories of them maked me curious to Indonesia.
I am a blond blue eyed dutchman who just feel home in Indonesia.
Doing there may practical trainee is also for me a way to find out how it is to live in Indonesia and not only stay there as a traveller.

Right now I work in a 83 years old cinema called Tuschinski which is situated in Amsterdam.
I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters.
Need some more information?

Hilmar. Emoticon: Bye bye

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

Hi,I'm John,a truckdriver married to a woman from Jakarta.I'm 37,she's 28 and recently we got a son named Jordy.I still live in Hellevoetsluis near Rotterdam where I was born on august 17th 1966.My wife Edith was born in Jakarta on september 13th 1975.You will mostly find me on my yellow DAF XF95 for De Rijke,in Holland and Belgium,so if you see me and my load...get the hell out of my way!How come that I ended up with this very sweet indonesian lady?Well,I like to travel and through a collegue of me we met on a holiday...we met again on a second holiday...and decided to work out our future together.Due to my appetite..and hers...we now have a little family.But it's a beautiful experience and we're very happy with it. Emoticon: Shiny

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Who am I?
My Name is Albert and born in 1959 in The Hague, moved 3 years later to Delft. Both of my parents where born in Indonesia (Batavia and Pemalang). My family history goes back to France and Germany and not Holland.

I worked for a couple of years at Fokker Aircraft in Holland until they close their doors forever. Later I found a job at the Ministry of Traffic. I studied metal and machines.

In 1999, I went to the first time to Indonesia, where I met my wife in Jogya (how romantic).
Because she was already working in the furniture industry, she guides me in Jepara and showed me the furniture industry. We became friends, I invested money in Indonesia (2nd Mortgage on my house). We build our own furniture factory. Now 5 years later doing all the time the marketing from Holland nearly all by Internet, I decided to move to Indonesia (later this year) and join with my wife.

So I sold my house and still with some profit. Now we earn enough money, to pay for my working Visa and my cost living in Indonesia and to continue the marketing by Internet in Indonesia. No Cable only by telephone and only one provider, which does not have enough capacity (slow)?

Our web site can be found at http://www.cj-furniture.com . If one of your readers wish to show our web site to a shop in your own country/city. We pay a commission for those who help us to get extra buyers. Just get into contact with me by e-mail.

To tell you it was not easy all those years, to do the marketing by Internet and know nothing about marketing or the furniture business. About the furniture, I learned all from my wife.
And for a woman working in a mans world (furniture) in a Moslem country is not easy.

Live compared to Holland is not certainly easy in Indonesia. It will be difficult to adjust for many foreigners who come from western countries Indo or not.

OK that is me, who is next? Emoticon: Yes!

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

Robert
User
User icon of Robert
spacer line

On 12-07-2004 20:17 Albert wrote:

OK that is me, who is next? Emoticon: Yes!

That would be me Emoticon: Bye bye

Hey all,

I'm Robert and born on the 27th. of August 1974 and currently living close to Amsterdam airport.
I work at Amsterdam airport at the export department of an airfreight company. Lifting boxes etc is something I have done for enough years so since about 3 years I work at the office.

I got infected with the Indonesia virus about 5 years ago because of my sister. She used to run a small store where they would sell all kinds of Balinees things. Woodcarvings, paintings, well you all know what you can get in Indonesia. They used to go there and buy their own things themselfes and ship it with a container to Holland.

I went with her to Bali once and that was enough for me. I got infected just like her. Nowadays she lives on Bali and the store in Holland is closed. Ofcourse she is not running a nice restaurant there because that would be against the law. Emoticon: Wink

Via her Balinese boyfriend I met my own girlfriend. We know each other for about 15 months now and she is coming to Holland at August 23rd for two months. This is "the big test" for both of us to see if it will work out between us and if she likes Holland enough to stay. She says she does but ofcourse it will be a huge culture shock for her. we will see and hope for the best.

Okidoki... enough about me... who's next ? Emoticon: Shiny

orochi
User
spacer line

Robert,

what's there to like in Holland?? Why not go to Bali like your sister did?

greetz, john

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

49,949,885 topic views - 222,147 posts - 13,486 topics - 16,240 members - last post @ 21-09-2017 23:21 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

90,010,475 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com