indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Other talk > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (4 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

triss
User
spacer line

Hi guys...

I am just wondering whether they show any of Michael Moore's documentary movies in the cinemas in INdonesia.

Like "Bowling for Columbine" and "Fahrenheit 9/11"

Cheers

Triss

zukhunter
User
User icon of zukhunter
spacer line

I dont know about showing them in Indonesia.
BUt I bought Bowling for Columbine on DVD in Jakarta.
I bought them IN Manga dua shopping Mall.
But be care ful taking them back to europe or USA Custom are on yhe look out for these dvd and cd.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Zukhunter,

If you buy a legal CD in Mal Mangga Dua - it's possible there as well - then there is no problem taking the cd back to Europe or the US, because it's not an illegal product.

Taking it to the US though probably causes all kinds of events. You will be arrested for being a terrorist at least. Emoticon: So funny

zukhunter
User
User icon of zukhunter
spacer line

Yes i know i bought those as well and hat no problems taking them back.
But all the new movies are illigal copies.
The best way to do it if you go is sending hem back by post.
Most of he the times they arrive.
Emoticon: Smile

zukhunter
User
User icon of zukhunter
spacer line

But coming back on the subject Micheal Moore.
I bought one of his books in Jakarta so the changes are high his movie will be shown as well in Jakarta Emoticon: Smile

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Micaheal Moore,

His DVD's are for sale everywhere. Illegal or legal. If taking them abroad from Indonesia back to your country, never look shabby at customs, do not smoke shave and wear decent clothes. You will pass the customs cum laude. I brought back from Indonesia in my suitcase as well as in my roller hand lugage about 45 DVD's and CD's. Without checking what so ever. BUT, be sure you have the original illigal copy. Sometimes if using a laptop, you cannot play your DVD because the timeframe you are using is not set on European or American circumstances. I bought a DVD box of oldtimers,"Gone with the wind, Casablanca, ed" made in the US, not playable on my set on Singapore customized laptop, vice versa.

Sepp

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Mostly,

The movies shown one week in advance are available on DVD in Indonesia. Harry Pooter, Van Helsing, The Day after Tomorrow, Spiderman, are already "released" before at cimema's in theUSA or Europe. But be aware, the quality depends on the digitalcamera used by the copier. Whether the people caugh, go to the toilet, he has a cough or worse, people laugh at diifernt moments, you will have a cheap copy, but a bad copy. Worth the price, but not the "feeling"

Sepp

orochi
User
spacer line

another tip for smuggling illegal cd's through custums: Throw away the cases, tape the cd's together, with tissues between them and whear pants with big pockets on the side like army pants for example.
Every year i buy app. 30 cd's of games and i've never been caught and the custums always check my suitcases. so far so good....

john

triss
User
spacer line

we are all crooks Emoticon: Very funny hehe jk....
but well yeah....they have all illegal cds and dvds in indonesia and most of them are cinema footages and sometimes not the best quality ( i download most of my movies off internet now so same thing...)

my question was are they gonna show Michael Moore's movies in the cinemas?

cheers

triss

spacer line  

I got Fahrenheit 9/11 the dvd at mangga dua. Haven't seen it yet, but I'm eager to hunt for Bowling for Columbine at the same place. I think Moore's pieces are likely to be played in Jakarta, well, let's see.
Or to make it fun, wanna bet?
The coveted prize will be lunch with me at my family's small restaurant (the main course is sop buntut/oxtail soup). Emoticon: Red face

Cheers, Emoticon: Very funny

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

zukhunter
User
User icon of zukhunter
spacer line

I saw the "Fahrenheit 9/11" yesterday in London.
I hope you have a strong stomage because some parts in the movie are not that nice to look at.
The hole movie it self you really have to watch. It will change your opinion about a few things I would say.

Coming back on the issue of smuggling illegal cd's through custums.

These days in Europe they 100% control they check every body coming from plans from Asia.
Looking for DVD and copied software.
They Search you all the bags and suitcase are open and search.
Even Legal bought cd where taking of y check and giving back after 10 minutes but of course all the DVD where taking of me.
I f you bring them to Europe let the number be under the five DVD.
They normally let you true with the DVD then.
Emoticon: Confused

orochi
User
spacer line

that's why i carry them om me. Yes, they always pick me out off the line to search my suitcases but they have never done a bodysearch.

john

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

the thing with DVD's in Indonesia is that or they have been showing it on HBO satelite TV four weeks in a row everynight already. Or DVD's or the latest footages of the movies, and therefore cinema footages.

Series like the Simpsons and Sex in the City, CSI are also available. Thank god, now I can watch Bart doing his thing and the girls from New York, wine and dine about their problems, lol.

Sepp

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

95,501,587 topic views - 242,162 posts - 13,761 topics - 35,541 members - last post @ 03-12-2021 10:10 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2021
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

156,236,849 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com